Hard light combos NOT properly executing.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by OMAAR, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I posted further up on this page about this. The devs tweets about this yesterday because someone asked about it on tweeter. Mepps said that they're aware of the issue and are investigating it and a similar issue.
    • Like x 1
  2. OMAAR New Player

Oh thank god!
    Good to know!
  3. thirty six Loyal Player

I like how OMAAR has the link in his sig. A true advocate of The Light!
    • Like x 3
  4. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Sometimes, less often than the inconsistency in our construct chaining, power ram becomes bugged where it your character will do the animation of performing Ram but it doesn't execute. While restarting DCUO fixes this, the inconsistency remains. It's more prevalent for me under lag, and doesn't occur when my FPS is above ~20
    • Like x 1
  5. Unknown New Player

I might know what the problem is. Remember that bug when powers don't do dmg, don't use any power but do the animation? That happens after u die while doing this power, making it useless untill u log back in.

It has most impact on HL users, because if u use, let's say, Light Claws while that bug is active, the power will just make u closer to ur target in a harmless move that doesnt cost anything. Also, u cannot perform the following moves (the other four taps or the hold, and whatever other power ur clipping with).

Personally, it happened to me twice during the last 2 weeks, both times on light claws. So to activate my normal light claws combo (press power button, hold melee, tap range for ram, tap melee for whip trash), I had to use another power on my loadout. Instead of pressing number 1 for direct light claws, I pressed number 2 for ram, snap trap, fan and then light claws and the rest.
  6. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Hmmm...but it doesn't address the inconsistency in our construct chaining. That's actually a separate bug. :(
  7. Unknown New Player

You think? If u say so, then maybe... Can u explain me what's the difference? lol...
  8. OMAAR New Player

Did dawn today..........long story short it wasn't fun. Even Fan from RSF glitch from time to time.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Certainly! Chaining HL constructs works like weapon combos. They're controlled by our mouse clicks, left and right, melee and range respectively. When a power bugs and performs only the animation, is a power bug, not a weapon combo bug. And unless the dev's state otherwise, I think you and I can agree they're two separate issues.
  10. Quagmire New Player

The only thing i found to make this stop happening so much is to tap triangle multiple times the instant after HC to get the ram off. I never have a problem going from ram to whips, but its just going to ram is a pain. Try the tap triangle multiple times to get the ram off and see if its a temporary work around. This is for the ECO of course.

Also I up voted as well to hopefully get this looked into. Not holding my breath, i have lost faith in them to fix much of anything hardlight ever since the fan debacle when the power came out....
  11. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Would you care to test, under lag if possible, if this temp fix is consistent? But then this begs the question of whether or not its actually a timing flaw within our construct combo's that is mostly evident under lag.

I would try it myself, but I'm hooked on Elementary, which is the modern Sherlock Holmes in NYC. Even Dr. Watson got a reboot lol. Lucy Lui is one of the most attractive Asian's I've ever seen.
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

+1 I thought it was just me being new to HL but the past two days now I've noticed this a lot and its not cool. Hope the devs fix this ASAP
    • Like x 2
  13. Quagmire New Player

Havent extensively tested yet as my fiance and I are hooked on one piece lol, We are up to episode 501 now.
    I will definitely try it out more tomorrow night since it is raid night
    • Like x 2
  14. OMAAR New Player

Tried with sadly no effect.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Agreed multi-tap is hit or miss. I haven't tried the one suggestion of turning down the graphics, anyone try that yet?
  16. OMAAR New Player

I have a turned both fade and quality down to zero. Still no improvement.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Indeed, and for some reason, a lot of this lag is not even graphical or internet connection related. I say this because it makes no sense that there is no difference in lag between normal quality, and low quality, with the exception of shadow and world detail. But even then...
  18. Lights Derp Loyal Player

You know I just thought of something. This issue was occurring for me until I enabled outlines. Maybe they're what's causing the issue?
  19. Quagmire New Player

Nice thought, I will definitely try tonight, but sadly I am stuck at a lab right now :(
  20. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

This occurred before GU24.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.