Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't know why people are saying earth brick tanking is weak. We ran US reg tonight with all the bosses up and i solo healed it and hardly even had to heal the earth tank and he was using brick. Brick died 3 times thats it and one of the times the tank was trying to get him killed on purpose.

I just think people haven't figured out the proper way to use a brick loadout yet. For the last 2 days we've been testing brick tanking and it actually works super good.

I also solo nature healed the run with hots only which everyone says are garbage too but i beg to differ. I really think people just need to do a bit more testing cause the majority of things we see people complain about seem to work just fine.
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So over the last 2 days i noticed with ice dps whenever i clipped powers #1 and 2 the ability in my 3rd slot would activate on its own. I see someone also reported something similar in the controller thread about mental. I even put different abilities in my 3rd slot and it repeatedly happened and is still happening.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The fact that he jumps 50 feet into the air is a pretty obvious tell if you ask me. Sometimes that blasted skull fails to show up on my screen, but I never miss this guy.
    • Like x 1
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Only time i had brick die a ton was solo tanking dwf, he was taking more dmg than what fortify and totem and the 2 heals could dish out.
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

Perhaps a detail but it kinda others me

As a rage tank I thought it would be the best to get dominance in my elite affinity mods (which grant 1% dominance) but if I do the math I'd be better off getting the health ones.

I have 7326 (with 1 affinity mod counting) so thats about 150 dom bonus i get (if i get both)
    However as i have 40829 hp right now, I would get about 900-950 hp flat / base

Im guessing if i follow the logic where active tanking is being promoted, dominance should outweigh turtle tanking
    Even if i had the max buffed health from my dominance, health would still beat it by a ton

This seems a bit off to me, no?

This is basically being nitpicky over it, but i believe this is the moment and thread to give this info as revamp is still fresh.
  6. Ully Committed Player

I haven't bothered with elite gear on my tank. Honestly, I just don't think its worth it. My tank is at 334 sp and I spec'd into full dom and put the remaining points into health. I'm using the Hearty tactical mod for the chest slot for the added health.
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

There is a tell, he jumps before the stomp. But the question remains, why are you even in melee range of a boss that should be range tanked and has been for years?
    • Like x 1
  8. triplem assault New Player

I've noticed that as an ice tank you no longer get a toughness buff. Is this part of the update or a bug? If it is part of the update then I've got no problems with it. I was also thinking about the idea of cold snap being a heal over time in tank stance since we no longer have bitter winds as a shield, rapidly cool your body with power of ice and chill those wounds off :cool:.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I gotta say ive ice tanked multiple times now and im turtle tanking too like before. I specced hybrid but i had no power issues at all. But im not tanking the exact same way that i used to when it comes to casting abilities. Im only using powers when its absolutely necessary. Ive trolled when u tanked before the revamp and u would use a ton of power as a tank.

And the more and more i read this stuff on here the more i believe that so many people are still trying to play the way they did before the revamp. I could be wrong but its what i see. People need to start having a different perspective on things and realize the game functions differently now. Doing what ya did before last wed will probably not go very well. Now there could be an issue somewhere with power. So im not saying something isnt broken, it may very well be. But i see some people who are having no issues when it comes to power management. Just saying.
    • Like x 2
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Have you tried it with power mastery yet? If you're turtling then the small loss of stats shouldn't be that big of a deal. But the power regen could make the difference.

11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

They've been firm on the power reduction equals nerf to heals thing though. I will try to test some with my fire tank this week

12. light FX Steadfast Player

Highly doubt ya see that. All through testing if they lowered a power cost ability that coincided with a reduction in the abilities performance. Like for dps if an ability went from a 300 cost down to 200 the dmg out was lowered also.
  13. Gambo323 Level 30

Don't know if u guys noticed but eart ground pound is just as op as the gorilla form glich was. 120sp toon should not be out dpsing someone with close to 300sp. Without loosing power they can just spam it or repop crstal to keep it goin. Please look into this ty
    • Like x 1
  14. arielflores New Player

Earth tank does damage like a dps? How is possible???
  15. GlacierFreeze New Player

Mepps in gotham under siege why is it that when i find collections they dont show in inventory i wasted a radar enhancer or 2 on this
  16. Xpung3d New Player

Maybe I missed it reading through everything but did they adjust the dominance and defense/toughness buffs when in tank roll?I am ice and don't see the 100% dominance buff in tank roll and it looks like my defense only goes up by approximately 25% or so when I use a power (used to be 90%).
  17. triplem assault New Player

In tank role your defense increases by 65% and when ice armor is active it becomes 100%.
  18. Ichiro Loyal Player

Rage full superpower spec, CR 199, all 175 might spend points placed, all crits spend points in place, 93 useless excess spend points put wherever since it does make a difference for my build.

1. Dreadful blast second combo hits for less than the initial hit.

2. Are crits supposed to hit lower than normal hits. I get a range from 2k - 6 k and the 2k is lower than the reg hit of 3k.
  19. Ichiro Loyal Player

Request: can the name of relentless anger be changed to the Leroy Jenkins?

Request: can a supercharge generator be added to a range power so we don't have to commit suicide?
    • Like x 1
  20. Gambo323 Level 30

So are we not going to talk about earths ground pound being just as op and spamming as the gorilla form glitch you guys patched. Am I the only one seeing this? The game was suppose to be more balanced but a low sp dps is out performing people with close to 300. Fix this please
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.