Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to report bugs specific to tank powersets: Fire, Ice, Earth, Rage, and Atomic.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

So...questions about Fire tank:
    -Didnt Fire get a health buff when casting a power? Im not seeing any increase in my health after using any power.

-Does Dominance still increases our health by 2.2? I do not remember seeing anything about this. So im not sure and since casting a power doesnt show any health increase at all i cant check. Would like to know to see how i spent my SP.

-Also under the Tank Role Current Effects it says " -50 healing in (0.275s)". Is it a "minus" or just a "dash"? Because right below that it says "30% Defense (12s)" without the "dash".
    Thought while not blocking we were getting the Increase Healing In.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sphlinkx Active Player

^THIS^
  4. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Hmm something might be off with dom benefits all tanks get.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Also under the Current Tank Effects it says : "50%health (1.2s)" But i dont know if its working or not. Is it a passive?If it is, im not seeing it. Is it after activate a power? 1.2s is too fast to open the inventory and go to stats to check if it is working. Or what?
  6. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Brick, enough said.
    It dies faster than usual after speccing into tank with 100sp
  7. RedKryptonite Well-Known Player

Did you guys intend to give Fire Burst such a long cool down ? if I'm not mistaken it already has the longest cast time out of any power, it seems ridiculous that it now has a cool down. I can't even cycle back and forth between Fire Burst and Mass Det without waiting on it to come off cool down.
    • Like x 1
  8. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Crystal as well also performing bad actually now that you said something seems all pets are dying too fast
    • Like x 3
  9. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

brick is a tank pet though, crystal should be a glass cannon
  10. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Duh but something feels off
  11. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

your health is passively buffed at all times no there is no need to cast a power to recieve the health buff you always have it.
    you stack defense when fighting targets that are on fire.
    you gain 50% increased healing when not blocking
    no your health does not increase by 2.2 per dom health is just a general passive buff.
    • Like x 2
  12. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

cooldowns are based on power cost so instead of trying to cycle between those two, use flame cascade 150 power cost as a spammer inbetween firebursts and mass dets
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

So far Rage tanking is pretty balanced in T8 raids, well done devs. Will try elite raids soon.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dread Active Player

Still playing around with different configurations for Rage DPS but this concerns both tanking and dps.
    Since Severe Punishment no longer does 100% heal on damage can you set it so that it can work off of healing critical stats and restoration boots?
    The effects will be very small but if someone has the SP to spec in and mods in it can be helpful.

Edit to add: Please consider applying this request to all Rage healing powers. It may just be that the reporting mechanism is not showing crit heals for most of the powers (Ragebringer and Severe Punishment for sure).
  15. eanur Well-Known Player

Is the range on Atomic Beta Surge supposed to be half the range of the other 2 range Atomic combo powers?
  16. Tarif Committed Player

This is about Ice. 1st) Ice elemental no longer has a revert to form option. Meaning we are stuck to ride out the super charge once activated and we have to let it run its course. 2nd) There is now a 3.5 second cool down on Avalanche. This has literally crippled the power's range and any way it can be used in any kind of effective load out for me. Im one of those players that doesnt like to jump right in on a boss (usually) just to arctic gust away, so my healer and controller in the group is over worked half to death. Avalanche was our best ranged ability. We had two decent ice abilities to use in our dps loadouts. Avalanche- which was meant to be used for much less damage but could be used from farther away, and Arctic gust, which deals more damage if you want to take the risk with it, as its range was much lesser, and you had to get up close and personal with it. Why would you even take our best ranged ability (Avalanche) and put a 3.5 second cool down on it so it wouldnt be cohesive in a loadout, BUT NOT change Arctic gust? Please fix Avalanche. It was intended to be used from a distance with less damage, and not with the long cool downs you now have it set at.
    • Like x 1
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

please remove stoneskin visual effect.. it look horrible... and i dont really need a visual que to know if stoneskin are on or not just as i never need to know if i have damage absorption or not back then.. i know it by heart..

anyone who claim that they need a visual que to tell if stoneskin is currently on or not is a terrible aftershock player...
  18. Requake Dedicated Player

I believe it heals based on damage you do and is capped by your dom/resto (or at least this is how it used to be)

Also can you stop spamming (read trolling) every thread for your one request? It's bothering me and I'm guessing everyone else too, if it interests people enough it will receive the necessary action(s).
    • Like x 1
  19. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

I agree they really messed avalanche up, and the best power on there is useless because it takes an hour to cast. Artic gust is still the main power to use after all this revamp. I don't mind the IE form but they should make Avalanche cool down like AG because the Dps power as a whole is under performing.

But good in PvP until our shields get nerfed so I will be taking advantage of that today.
    • Like x 1
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Regarding Atomic:

Mind you I haven't been keeping up with the revamp so most my knowledge comes from last night.

The aura we receive from combos the description only gives what it does for tanks and gives no mention of it for dps nor is it listed in active effects when the aura is on in dps role. Is this essentially no longer user full for dps? If so any reason why we still get the aura in dps role if it's not even actively working.

And

if their is no longer a buff in the aura for dps why is the only buff atomic does get only for weapon attacks?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.