Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacedog Loyal Player

Hit me up in game next time you see me. I can help.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If he is on at the time we are on I'll bring him in the group.
    • Like x 1
  3. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Earth is by far not the top in dps damage jackhammer is fine and was tested before revamp even hit live server and was adjusted. You just need to up your game and get good if you being out dpsed.
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Telling someone 2 up their game against a dps only spamming jackhammer? lol please tell me more because so far jackhammer is the only power with zero game and skill. Sure, they can't jackhammer harder raids or survival mode in the future. But US and JFA and everything else is not hard. Doesn't mean jackhammer is fine. You don't see melee rage spamming away like that do you? Rage at least has skill.
  5. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

I cba reading the previous 7 pages but maybe someone can fill me in here

As a rage tank using fortified assault and severe punishment, remorseless recovery or redirected rage i gain 60% extra defense but if i was using fortified block i only get 10% extra defense and nothing else seeing as the 3 abilities i listed are for not blocking.

The same can be said for earth as jackhammer gives 55% extra defense for not blocking... can someone tell me why i should use a block tank now if not blocking is better?
  6. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

the problem with jackhammer isnt how easy it is to use or that it gets melee damage. The problem with jackhammer is you recieve melee damage at midrange distance. The AOE on jackhammer needs to be adjusted making it a true melee move and i think if that and that alone is done that people wouldnt say its as great. Give jackhammer the range of tectonic break earths other melee move but this move is true melee distance.
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

Rage tanking

i would like for without mercy to have its power costs reduced to 100 and its cool down reduced to half of what it is now to match other powers of its type and class. it doesn't feel real tanky hitting it only once every 3.5 seconds. it should be a spamable power to be real tanky.

Fervor or enrage. don't quite understand these yet but just for simplicity sake can all powers a tank would use pulls, shields, rage cancel, rage reduction, breakout apply these effects.

As far as battle tank attacking we are extremely limited if we want to use powers as our main attack. At least three powers are already taken with must have powers and as high as 5 with a pull and a breakout. this leaves potentially only one open spot for an attack options. this seems a little out of balance when compared to other tank powers. I would like to see either outrage or revenge have its power cost reduced in tank mode to 100 and the cooldown reduced to be able to spam the attack with its self. the attack strength should be lowered accordingly as well. this at least gives us more of an option that just using weapons or frenzy.
  8. Pher Active Player

Jackhammer is over powered, many people see that, even if you don't.
  9. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

I have A Earth Dps and my Nature hits way harder, about 2k a second harder with the same might.
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Considering that nature hits about 5k a second harder than every other power...

11. Ichiro Loyal Player

Rage

I would like to see rage crash cancel added to at least one more range power to allow greater variety in range load outs. either frentic bombardment or rage blast. preferably frentic bombardment

If dreadful blast no longer has block break ability why is it still vulnerable to interrupt? Interrupt needs to be removed or have block break added back in. I thought interrupts were removed from combos because the counter abilities of the powers were removed.

Rage bringer. I don't know if it just me but the animation is different. now it seems the adds are pulled straight similar to lasso where before I remember the power having an arch pull to it. If it did have an arch pull I would prefer that be put back the way it was prior to revamp.
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the cooldown on frost blast gets stuck sometimes. It's supposed to start once the frost blast animation is done. Sometimes the cool down timer won't start for a few seconds.
  13. Yaegermeista New Player

Is anyone talking about how Atomic Tanks are ruining PVP? They are absolutely over powered in the arenas. No power can beat an Atomic Tank in Tank role 1v1 period. Even 2s it takes both people on the opposing team to try and kill them. More times than not, you just focus on the other person. You'll still lose the match if it's anything other than Batcave. It doesn't help that a lot of people are switching because it's an automatic win regardless of SP or gear. I really hope a developer sees this post and looks into it.
  14. Deathmike Devoted Player

Could we get the CC effect on Lacerate back, at least in tank stance? Thanks.

Deathmike out.
  15. triplem assault New Player

The problem I see with atomic in pvp is the damage the combos do. You can use your skill points to spec superpowered, staight might and power, and as well as mod your gear that way to making yourself a dps with tank benefits. I'm an atomic tank myself but I'm spect all dominance and I'm easyer to kill than if I was spect might and power. I believe the problem has to do with the gear which is bascically dps gear because the stats for the gear dosen't really support the roles such as controllers, healers, and tanks. I like to think gear is what gets you half way there, your super suit from which you can improve, using skill points and mods to cover your weaknesses or improve upon your streghths. But with the current gear, I find myself using both mods and skill points just to get the base of my role made, leaving no room for improvements. If they bring back the role gear, atomic tanks would still be just as hard to kill and maybe even tougher but their combos would do significantly less damage.
  16. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

Hahah Then you should up your own fighting.
    I am an Atomic tank and play a lot of pvp atm.
    It's an easy win against players like you. :p
    But I get beasted a lot by GOOD players. ;)
    So far I had some real challenges against gadget trolls, Sorcery dps and Elec healers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.