Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cease94 Active Player

Hey, great job with the revamp managed to get loads of my league mates back cuz of it and they like what they see.

no doubt still need some tweaks regarding healing and pvp, regarding tanks how ever i would like to touch on atomic

i would like to kindly request 2 things done, 1- revert back atomics' melee powers to hitting 360 degrees ( as the reason for changing it to cone line of fire was that we got countered a lot by any add who just block any where near us which is not the case any more as the combos don't neither counter or get countered)

2- even the dmg dealt by the first combo and the 2and combo as it doesn't make sense for a power that cost 200 hitting for say 600 for example and the exact same power (2and combo) hitting for 2500 note those numbers were actually tested, say for example i only have 400-500 power left in my par which is hard 2 measure in combat this will lead to me not being able to get to the 2and combo which means a serious loss of damage as the 2and combo is supposed to make up for the weak first combo this example happens a lot.

again thanks to the dev team we appreciate the hard work :)

EDIT: just noticed its a bug report thread, there is however no thread to discuss powers sadly.
  2. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Maybe I'm just nice lol
  3. cease94 Active Player

The problem you are facing is fixable by having more skill points while specing into might u also get a % of power, worked for me
  4. eanur Well-Known Player

I do get what you are saying and I do spec fully into might (maxed out that line) but that's not the main point I was making. More talking about giving us an strong range move outside of combo's similar to geigar blast.
  5. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Hello,

It is intented healer can not heal Brick ? ( apparently celestial consume soul can only heal him the other power doesn't work )
  6. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Ran through USr JFAr JFAe as a league
    we had a rage, earth(me), and ice each solo tank the regular raids with no problem what so ever. Each tank did USr without hallways being closed. In the regular raids we ran a 1115 set up.
    Tanks are in a very good spot at the moment.

We had rage, earth, and ice solo tank JFA elite up til last boss on last boss we had 2 tanks due to getting phased. in Elite raids we ran the 2222 set up
    Once again we experienceed no problems. JFA elite is actually easier now than it was with AM's.

We havent had anyone test fire or atomic tanking in these raids yet.

All of our tanks are fully geared with 330+ skill points
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Question, do ya think every tank out there is going to be fully geared with 330+ sp? Ive had no issues ice tanking. But i think the viewpoint would be skewed a little because of the gear and sp amount u guys have. Maybe try running those raids at the suggested cr with the same as sp as your cr. Thats what i was planning to do this weekend to see how content feels. Run it at max cr and sp, suggested, and minimum. There is no sp requirements but for suggested id do the cr and sp the same # as your cr. Minimum id do the same.

Being way over geared for it imo doesnt accurately reflect content or the players. Yes i know many at end game will be 200+ with a bunch of sp. My league is like that too. But isnt content supposed to be easier once u get all the gear and have near max sp? Maybe u disagree and thats cool. Just saying i see it a little differently. I would expect content to not be that tough being 201+ with 330sp+. Im not speaking about elite either because well elite should be tough regardless.
    • Like x 1
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I tanked it as earth with just 200(im just too lazy to feat hunt anymore). I didn't feel like i was doomed beyond the healer struggling for power. Any time I died it looked like the healer was out power. I only felt imminent death when the skulls popped. Even then Gemstone shield and soothing sands with my regen shielding mod saved lives. This is the first time I felt a full gemstone shield was worth it more often than not. I don't think any tank will really struggle with survivability at recommended cr since a lot of our stats are not percentage based. I think the biggest learrning curve will be for healers in the revamp in my honest opinion.
    • Like x 2
  9. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

elite wasnt challenging at all we went through with a pretty flawless run.

i dont think most tanks will reproduce the same results as me if they are pugging im running with my league i think everyone in the run had over 300+sp 198+cr and were a league we run together alot so our coordination is amazing in raid runs. Point being i think everyone is going to produce different results and different opinions were on live there are far to many variables i mean i think most people here who have posted in this thread used all there gear and all there skillpoints so why shouldnt i do the same?

Granted if we were on test still i would 100% agree to testing at suggested 190cr(and we did that on test) but i dont think anyone is running it as a full 190 group on live i dont really think the community would even pick up a 190cr even though stats are what matter.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

That is true. I would doubt anyone is running it at 190cr lol my bad on that. And i wasnt saying dont do what u were doing. I simply asked a question on your thoughts about it and gave an opinion.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. I tanked JFA and felt ok as ice. Never felt in any real danger of dying unless the i went around a corner away from the healer or they were out of power. Ive seen some healers doing pretty well and some having a really hard time. So i agree again about your view on healers. I dropped my healer for now. Maybe switching my munitions toon to water. I say maybe because i found a pretty good munitions pftt loadout yesterday and its been doing some good damage and i dont ever come close to running out of power.
  12. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Only issue i had with earth if if brick dies(which seems to happen more) i often come close to death trying to resummon. Aftershocks 10/10 tho
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

See man, I dropped brick back in 2012 and never looked back lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I do think some tanks will struggle at t5 though. Boss fights became a completely different game at that tier. Especially when you have to hit your breakouts for Lex's attacks. Waere they even balanced to account for tanks not having 2?
  15. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

I never ever ever brick tanked. Like why in the hell would I depend on a Pokemon to keep me alive?
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Happy feet have always wrecked tanks at tier its no big deal role or jump out.
  17. krytine Loyal Player

Atomic power cant remember the name but you do a foot stomp to knock down adds and then do dots for as low as the damage is you should also make it a pi razing applicator or up the damage by 50%
  18. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

But an attack that strong should have a tell... no tell should not equal one shot.. that's all I'm saying.. example: "omg skull above happy feet ahead" rolls out of way...
    • Like x 1
  19. krytine Loyal Player

It actually has one the lengthen it does 2 or 3 stomps
  20. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

to answer your question no most tanks are not fully geared with 330+sp. I randomly qued a GOMr run just to see what kind of players are out there and how theyre doing with the revamp. The pugs in there were in there for over 2 hours stuck on second boss. The whole group was 198+cr GOMr suggested cr is 175. This just goes to show that regardless of being over geared some people are just not competent players. The revamp just dropped majority of people didnt play test there going to struggle for a while the point im getting at is a good portion of my league played on test so we were already ready for live. My veiws are there to show that content can be completed fairly easy once people understand what they are doing again.

I can say that rage, ice and earth tanks are good i cant speak on fire and we just had a guy switch to atomic today so were going to see how that fairs in content i expect it to do pretty well.

ive notice alot of people are complaining about earth PET tanking i have successfully tank through the raid JFA and USr using a brick tank loadout that made me feel far more durable than jackhammer (and i hate pet tanking)
    loadout
    brick, fortify golem, totem, earthen grip, gemstone shield, hardlight shield

this is a very unconvential tank load out as it does not have a group immunity however the survivability was excellent brick never died once through out the run i rotated between hardlight shield and gemstone shield i reapplied fortify golem every time it came off cooldown i only used totem during boss fights and the large room that is full of ads i would say running through the hallways replacing it with epicenter would be good but it is nearly essentail in boss fights. Breakout trinket is also a must have for this loadout(should be running it as any tank honestly)

for earth AFTERSHOCK tanking
    jackhammer, gemstone shield, epicenter, hardlight shield, earthen grip, soothing sands
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.