Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

1 shots are a glitch they were all removed.
  2. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

one shots are not a glitch random. happy feet has a mechanic that when he jump he stomps and it will kill you. the one shot that were removed were from ads inside the raids that would randomly one shot people without any indicator like some of the ads inside dwf for example and some of the rifle ads in US for example the medic did an attack that would one shot tanks ive seen it hit a rage tank for over 100k to kill them(pre-update). Mechanic based one shots are most definitley still a thing.
    since revamp i havent experience any nonmechanic based one shots
    • Like x 1
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

Another example of mechanic based one shots: The bombs in the last boss of the Ultimate Soldier raid.
    Or the Warrior, when he pulls you in.
    • Like x 1
  4. krytine Loyal Player

And just to clarify the attack we are talking about isn't a one shot it is multiple attacks that happen that you can get away from if you stay in the blast area you will die thats all
  5. Mr-Somes New Player

I have a suggestion for Earth Tanking. I think Reinforce should have a tank role effect. Defense would be nice seeing as how the name of the power insinuates the idea of something like stone skin. Though I would also not mind having it do rooting,knock down or stun. I got a good name for rooting if you need one...cement shoes lol.
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Random one shots were toned down but avoidable ones still exists
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I disagree completely. Fire seems perfect to me. Not squishy, not godmode either. One thing is that you didn't max out your healing crits (most important thing for fire) first. 100x health is good, all mods health or mixed for bonuses. Your loadout is good, immolation gives a lot of protection during the first seconds tanking a new group of adds. You're attacking the adds that are on fire to build up your defense right?
  8. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Last night i did many run in JFA and US normal for testing.

Earth cr 201 / 341 sp

I tried both style Jackhammer / Brick active tank.

Tank with Brick: I think it's a bug but Brick don't receive heal from healer except consume soul (i didn't found other healer power working with pet for the moment). So the problem is here Brick have really low HP even i put totem for heal him and use fortified golem he can die very quickly. But the time where Brick is alive the tanking is great.

Conclusion: Brick not receiving heal and low HP.

Tank with jackhammer: With tanking style it more stable because i didn't have the probleme with Brick but i am feeling less tanky than with Brick. Of course Jackhammer is great for controling add.

Maybe i will add more feedback later it was my first night test. I switched Earth to play with Brick but for the moment i can not play with him. I hope tis problem is not intented because finally i have no choice to play jackhammer.

Thx dev for reading and sorry for my english ^^.
    • Like x 1
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Yeah I made sure to set everything on fire but still..
    Tbh, I dont think MArts is a good choice for active tanking I had better results with 2 Handed later which seems to CC right away while MArts is just slower. I wanted to try MArts first cause it has nice variety of melee and enough ranged attacks but nah.

I thought about maxing healing crits instead of doing any Resto/Domi SP allocation but then I thought that until 20x both Resto and Domi give quite nice bonuses. Plus Resto and Domi increase Immolation and HL Shield's damage caps unlike healing crits. Guess I tried to make Fire tank to work too much like Ice. The difference between my main and second account is about 100 SP which I really felt in a negative way. Fire tank is the one that needs and can use so many different things so player really cant afford to lack SP.
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Even revamp im pretty sure brick only received healing from allied heals and not group heals.
  11. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well, seems like there are some good points. and it seems, some people are still missing the point. SP MATTERS NOW...go get some.
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, I mean you can play around with SP freely as much as you want. Personally i didn't think the minor increase in resto (since our gear has none) was worth sacrificing more health and basically twice as much healing in from your powers. But each play style is different, so definitely go with what works best for you. Like you, I didn't include a SC in my loadout and I honestly don't miss it. I guess I could pop it in on a boss fight or two if it's full, but there are a lot of options now.
  13. Mr-Somes New Player

Posted this on discord also about Reinforce.

@Mepps I keep missing the dang office hours to mention it but the Earth power Reinforce,its animation is a tad slow for clipping in rotations. Is it possible if you could check it out and speed it up a tiny bit or maybe give the power an knock down effect on cast? When I use it in rotation I get hit a lot and juggled around unless I stay at a distance. Sorry if I am bothering ya,hope you feel better.

Mind you I am focused in Weapon Expert.
  14. Savynaa Well-Known Player

The same probleme with crystal every day Crystal died in alerte. And no before they received heal. For exemple before i did not need the totem the healer was enough himself to keep brick alive.
  15. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Totem still trash absolutely trash, the pet heal needs to scale with dom
    • Like x 1
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Just practice more the game has changed, ive had no problem pugging but they do take longer. And its already been said op items are getting looked and in line for a buff
  17. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

There aren't suppose to be any 1 shots they said they wanted to remove them all so if you find any it's a glitch.
    • Like x 1
  18. MyHeadIsBurning New Player

Hello all,
    Stat Revamp is lovely, I am really enjoying it, thank you Devs for making this happen.
    But there's a little problem that begs fixing - maybe PvP is not your primary concern at the moment, but I am reporting this anyway.
    Atomic Tank combos (Thermochemical Explosion and Atom Splitter) are Overpowered in 1v1 situations, especially in Superpowered specs. Since combos aren't counterable anyone, it's impossible to prevent Atomic Tank player from refreshing quark-gluon aura and healing himself and at the same time dealing damage by combos.
    I am atomic myself and tested today in 2v2 arena - dps + heal couldn't take me down no matter what and my combos were strong enough to defeat them both.
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Once again it was random one shots, not avoidable ones
    • Like x 1
  20. kraptastic Well-Known Player

It's a one shot mechanic from the raid. He jumps, lands and dances on your grave all you have to do is pay attention and move so he doesn't land on you. It did the same before revamp. I would move, wait for the dance to end and move back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.