GU39 Preview: Proficiencies

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

And I will say this again. This is a MMO. Done.
    • Like x 1
  2. Forced Penance New Player

ok, over something like TD, if you do 5,000,000 damage, you would put out an extra 150,000. Still not significant in the scheme of things where even the healers and tanks usually have over 1,000,000 in damage out.
  3. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

And that's a big difference to a lot of players. Trust me, I get your point, but the scoreboard watchers will notice this bigtime and be very unhappy about it. This WILL make a difference in who tops the charts, and we can't pretend that players don't worry about and analyze their performance on a daily basis.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mick Nugget New Player

This.

The people claiming these buffs are negligible are the ones getting them.

If, on the other hand, these buffs were instead for people without leagues, well this thread would be 1000 pages long.

But let's be realistic, that would never happen, and in an MMO, it makes sense that that isn't happening. But if these buffs were for soloing outside of a league, None of the posts about these buffs being "negligible" would exist.

Disclaimer: I will be creating and joining leagues to to get my buffs, overall problem solved. Doesn't mean people's claims that the buffs are negligible are any less false.
    • Like x 2
  5. realTREDD New Player

do not apply in pvp.:(
    whats the point than pve is trash.
    • Like x 1
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I have mixed feelings about the percentile bonus' so I will leave that for the time being. I'm generally for it but can see how they have the potential to create even more divisiveness in the community.

That aside, I really like the idea of some proficiencies that are not combat based. They did mention that they plan to add more, so hopefully some will be in that milieu.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drakonicus New Player

If you think that pve in this game is "trash", i would advise you to find another game.
    • Like x 3
  8. realTREDD New Player

y? i started for the pvp and i continue for the pvp.
  9. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

This^ is what I'm saying. By all means, add more, but do away with stat boosts because they affect combat directly in a mmo that is NEVER EVER going to see the entire player base in leagues. When you play this game you are playing it with the world (a nice chunk of it anyway) and the world is not a nice place overall. There will always be more reasons to avoid or leave a league than join and stay in one. Loud music, profanity, smoke breaks, etc.
  10. Drakonicus New Player

Because this is manly a PVE game, whith some PVP. If you like the PVP, thats awesome, but,while is a important part of the game, is just that: a part of the game.
  11. realTREDD New Player

"dcuo is whatever you want it to be"-mepps
    • Like x 1
  12. Drakonicus New Player

Quote "PVE is thrash" to him, see what kind of response you get, if any
    • Like x 1
  13. 6000Degree New Player

And, as part of the game, it should not be left out.
  14. Drakonicus New Player

I never said it should be left out. I am just questioning the enjoyment of someone who thinks "pve is trash". And, as a part of the game, not everything should affect or be influenced by PVP. just as not everything in PVP should be affected or influenced by PVE.
    • Like x 1
  15. OGM_Madness New Player

If they ever do go through with adding more proficiencies, I DO hope that it is possible to gain and maintain them all.

If we have 20 proficiencies, but can only choose 13, this MAY cause leaguemates to leave and join DPS-based leagues or Troll-based leagues, etc.

"Why go for extra dominance, if I'm a DPS? I'll just get all the damage-related proficiencies & if you want the vit bonus, go make a troll league."

I don't want the leagues to break due to these proficiencies, so I hope that they are reasonably maintainable & if we get more, that we get to keep them all active, to avoid issues.
    • Like x 1
  16. 6000Degree New Player

However, we will be able to gather prestige with PvP, but don't get the benefits of our efforts...
  17. xXSUPERDAVEXx New Player

Wow none of this matters its just different ways of boosting stats for the dedicated long term gamer vs the newbies that just started and rank up to quick without a league all this will do is make survival easier if its still out and shorten the finish times of all content it wont matter unill they add league battles and or events contests were people can view some type of leader boards. The only way it will help in pve is if it is the only way the new content will be beatable is if you have so many league unlocks but highly doubt it. Just another number to throw in the mix now leagues will be able to boost scrub players with no gear through content cause they will have those stat bonuses for just being in league all this is being said with the current info out there but who knows this may be what games leading up to
  18. xDEATHnTAXESx New Player

Not my words, but one of my concerns.
    • Like x 1
  19. True Zen New Player

Awesome. League members need this. perhaps people will discontinuing leaving a league. perhaps... but all in all I can't wait to try this out. thanks.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Devs please dont do away with the stats boosts. This community is never happy no matter what u do and the people posting here are a small % of the player base. Alot of players know if any1 needs these stat boosts to complete content they have bigger issues.

This all comes down to a simple decision, either join a league or pug. Both have pros and cons. Players should make their decision and deal with what comes with that instead of QQing on these forums and thinking the game should be tailored to them.
    So sick of seeing the "this isnt fair" threads or posts. Guess what, life isnt fair, deal with it. You make a decision then deal with good and bad that comes with that decision instead of pointing fingers.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.