GU39 Preview: Proficiencies

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Leagues are receiving a significant number of updates to improve their functionality and add collective advancement! There are so many new systems and features that we'd like to make sure everyone can start understanding how they all work and come together now, rather than waiting till they're on Test.

Proficiencies are bonuses that may be purchased with Prestige that apply to your entire League for 30 days. Current Proficiencies include:
    • +3% Damage Out
    • +3% Damage Out when below 30% Health
    • +1% Critical Attack Chance & Damage
    • +3% Healing Out
    • +1% Critical Healing and Power Healing Chance & Magnitude
    • +3% Healing Received
    • +3% Power Received
    • +5% Health
    • +5% Power & Supercharge
    • +3% Might & Precision
    • +3% Dominance, Restoration, and Vitalization
    • +3% Control Resistance
    • +1% Out of Combat Power Regen Per Second & +4% Out of Combat Health Regen Per Second
    Quick Facts:
    • All of these are purchased at the Power Core Console within the League Hall.
    • A League can maintain up to 10 Proficiencies if they are reaching the point of diminishing returns on their Prestige earnings each week.
    • A League can maintain all 13 Proficiencies if they are reaching the weekly maximum Prestige each week.
    • Proficiencies do not apply in PvP arenas or duels.
    • Like x 40
  2. Lady Thren New Player

THIS is an epic idea and Im loving it! Great job!
    • Like x 1
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Leagues are going to be even more awesome now! :D
    • Like x 8
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

yea this is awesome, loving it :) and it encourages people to be in a league even if its a league of 1 :p
    • Like x 4
  5. ChaosInternational New Player

"does not apply to PvP", league halls made me go from six to midnight, now I'm back at 6. =[
    • Like x 1
  6. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

ok now this is a good thing helps everyone in the league esp for raids
    • Like x 2
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

thats not really a bad thing. think of the solo player who isnt in a league versus a player that is maxed out from his league's accomplishments.
    • Like x 11
  8. OGM_Madness New Player

Given that this is the one feature that will affect players the most due to Stats increases:

Could you emphasize what "reaching the point of diminishing returns on their Prestige earnings each week" & "reaching the weekly maximum Prestige each week" means?

There is nothing in the Prestige thread that mentions a Prestige cap. In order to avoid problems between our different role players, it is in my best interest to keep all 13 proficiencies active at all time, and I would like to know how can this be accomplished.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Very cool!
    • Like x 1
  10. ChaosInternational New Player

Well, that's just unfortunate for them. Being this is an MMO, lone wolves know their occupational hazards, they don't get my pity for not having a supportive league.

Then again, I could be jumping the gun, there may be PvP specific proficiencies on the horizon. But, given the current trends of dcuo, I won't hold my breath.
    • Like x 5
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

i hear ya. what i think is really happening though, is pvp arenas and/or duels are being simplified so its just skill vs skill, or at least as close to that as they can possibly get it. unnecessary stat bumps would unbalance that.
    • Like x 3
  12. ChaosInternational New Player

Stat allocation is relative to a players skills, knowing what you need and how to apply it in combat.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

ok. well just keep getting disappointed then. or........ try to look at it another way
  14. ChaosInternational New Player

Sure, the glass is half full. Time to top it off.

I've been excited about new features before only to get horribly let down. I was utterly stoked for WM and now I'm probably the player most for removing it entirely.

Like I said,current trends, these ideas sound great in theory but when it comes to execution and application, there have been many shortcomings as of late.
    • Like x 1
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

They did talk about it a bit in the thread:

This is the way I take it: (all numbers are hypothetical)
    -You and your Leaguemates can earn up to the Prestige Cap of 400P a week (1600P a month)
    -It takes 100 Prestige to activate a Proficiency
    -Once you have earned 200 Prestige in a week, you start to gain less per instance. (25% less at 200, 50% less at 300, etc.)

In other words, if you and your Leaguemates can push past the diminishing returns, you could have all 13 Proficiencies (1300P) and 300P left over for other purchases, but it will be more difficult/time consuming to fill that gap.
    • Like x 1
  16. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

so if the min is 10 and max is all 13 then which 10 are worth it more I would say

• +3% Damage Out worth
    • +3% Damage Out when below 30% Health not sure
    • +1% Critical Attack Chance & Damage worth
    • +3% Healing Out worth
    • +1% Critical Healing and Power Healing Chance & Magnitude worth
    • +3% Healing Received worth
    • +3% Power Received worth
    • +5% Health not sure
    • +5% Power & Supercharge worth
    • +3% Might & Precision worth
    • +3% Dominance, Restoration, and Vitalization worth
    • +3% Control Resistance not worth
    • +1% Out of Combat Power Regen Per Second & +4% Out of Combat Health Regen Per Second not worth
  17. Notangie New Player

When new content's difficulty setting is being determined, will it be set with these buffs in mind or not. The leagued players that claim they want challenging content will be running around with constant buffs while puggers would be playing with their straight stats.
    • Like x 3
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea already was discussing which 1s are worth it and which are not with my league and we hit on the same 1s u did. The 5% health 1 is the least appealing imo. If your health is around 7000 then 5% of that is what 350? As a tank it might be worth it but idk. If your at 10k as a tank your talking 500hp. Doesnt seem like enough to make it worth it imo. The control 1 too is the 2nd one i think not worth it. But we will probaly get em all and see the difference in having/not having them.
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

10 is not really the min, it's the normal amount that a typically active league should hit. Keep in mind this is also with the understanding that they aren't front-loading their prestige spending on things like the banks and statuary. I suspect leagues will have to be a combination of strategic as well as thrifty to maximize their prestige spent.
    • Like x 1
  20. Pandora Demon New Player

I know the very last proficiency and maybe the below 30% thing might be less useful because the last one would barely help if you don't have a healer or troll( more useful if you don't have troll), and 30% thing would barely help unless you don't have a healer or he's just to weak, or bad. But these are nice, and I'm just putting this out there if a league needs to cut down on proficiencies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.