GU39 Preview: Proficiencies

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

In general the PvP community does not like "outside interference" that adds a "gimmick" to the experience. So I assume this is the reason for Proficiencies not being allowed in PvP. Even stuff like equipment mods have been questioned whether to be allow in PvP or not in the past by some of the PvP community. Buff trinkets are still frowned upon by some.
    • Like x 1
  2. 6000Degree New Player

These kind of people are the same that are popping out here, that want everything without any kind of work.

To make 10 mod VI for example, you need 180 bytes, 10 fe vi, and access to projects. If I use a bunch of my play time to get all that's needed, because I care about PvP, it's only right that I have an advantage versus who does not care enough about PvP to find and buy everything needed.

For proficiencies, I am buying and stocking in bank since now items worth 1000 MoV each, which means 20,000 prestige each. So I am playing PvP, working hard to get as many marks as I can, but can't get access to the prize?

If they do like generator mods, that you can get only with PvE marks and drop only in PvE istances, then it's ok to keep bonuses in PvE only. But by the very moment that PvP contributes both by wins/loses and by marks, then it should get access to bonuses too.

Remember, after everything is bought in the league hall, the only use for prestige is for proficiencies.
  3. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

that would be me, the solo player thats never been in a league, or thats joined 1 and doesn't like it b/c it interfere's with running with friends.

BUT I've done good on my own. almost 137sp and CR106 (and fully moded mind you) :p
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

With 25,000 prestige per unlock and 13 available it requires 325,000 prestige per month to unlock them all. Putting that in perspective (with maybe wrong math):
    • AF: Strategos waist (92) style is worth 45 MoF or 18,750 (p) prestige upon de-materiazation.
    • WotL1: Wardens Tailsman Trinket (90) is worth 18,750 MoT or 1,538p upon de-materialization.
    • Completing 1 raid at level with any Toon is worth: 305p
    • Completing 1 alert at level with any toon is worth: 206p.
    • Raids: it requires 1,000 raids (at level) per month to reach 325,000p
    • Alerts: it requires 1,578 alerts (at level) per month to reach 325,000p
    • (92) Waist gear: 17 of them or 765 MoF
    • (90) Trinket: 211 of them or 3,956,250 MoT
    What I propose is that the following be considered, to aid small leagues and individuals.

Scale the proficiency stat unlock cost
    Have each unlock cost more as they are purchased (similar what is done with league bank space and earned prestige).The first 2 could be 5000p and the next 7500p... and so on, scaled so that a complete unlock is still 325,000p Overall the cost is no different, however smaller groups of players and individual players will be able to unlock more per month.

If there is any intent to be somewhat fair, there is no down side to this proposal. However, I fear the intent is to encourage players to join a big league (like it or not). The Stat bonus is the carrot and the stick to many.

summarized from here https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ant-a-real-league.210527/page-51#post-2671360
    • Like x 3
  5. Forced Penance New Player

Just using Zinbik's numbers:

325,000 prestige per month cap

Not including any of the content to be released in HoP1
    Not including any dematerializations
    Not including any lair prestige
    Not including any PvP

Just using content currently in game, each person who stays loot locked on t5 and t6 using no replay badges would generate

15600 prestige from the current T6 pve content each month
    11625 prestige from the current T5 pve content each month
    (numbers for T5 might be off, I haven't slept yet and pulled the number of alerts, ops, etc from memory)

Generating a total of 27,225 prestige per month, just by staying locked on all current in game content each month.

That is only 12 people staying locked on current content to generate 325,000 prestige a month. The only question is how severe the diminishing returns between soft cap and hard cap will be.

Even just hitting soft cap of 250,000 per month will get you 10 out of 13 bonuses and will take 10 people to reach it by staying locked.

It isn't hard for 10 people in a league to be locked from content. Even easier with more people.

A soloist, with their league of 1, once they have their hall built, will be able to afford 1 bonus per character they keep on locks just on content value alone and not including any of the above disclaimers.

My math may be wrong, but it doesn't seem very unreasonable to me...
  6. realTREDD New Player

pve=fun but no change to content or surprises
    pvp=fun and constant changes and surprises based on real peoples decisions and skill level
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.