GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinbik Developer

Hey everybody, it's time for Fun with Numbers! There are a few things I wanted to help clarify and new data I wanted to share. For those who don't like numbers or deluges of details, I'll start with a quick summary:
    • Some adjustments to Prestige values didn't make it from Test to Live. They will come in the next hotfix. Prestige from walking into your base was increased. Prestige gained from donating everything but Marks of Triumph was reduced.
    • After the next hotfix you will be able to gain full Prestige from PvE instances at a higher combat rating than you could previously.
    • Reminder: The Prestige you earn in PvE is attached to the same loot locks as the other normal loot you get from the final bosses. If you're locked out, you won't get Prestige.

Now for details! First of all, we made adjustments to a number of Prestige values on Test, but they were missed when the patch went Live. Those adjustments will go Live with the next hotfix. I never found the time to post the new numbers in the Test thread, so here are all of the final Prestige values:

Caps
    • Weekly Soft Cap (where diminishing returns kick in) - 62,500
    • Weekly Hard Cap - 81,250
    • Total Storage Cap - 400,000
    Base Walk In Values Per Thing
    • Power Cells - 19
    • Mainframe Upgrade 1s - 7
    • Mainframe Upgrade 2s - 9
    • Mainframe Boost 1s - 11
    • Mainframe Boost 2s - 13
    • Generator Mods - 8
    • Amenities - 8.5
    • Decorations - 0.3
    PvE Instance Completion
    • Solo - 73
    • Duo - 84
    • 4-Man - 206
    • 8-Man - 305
    PvP
    • Wins - 7
    • Losses - 3
    Tribute
    Sale value is multiplied by that number to get the Prestige value. Anything that would be worth less than 1 is worth no Prestige.
    • Cash - 0.00078
    • Marks of Triumph - 0.082
    • Marks of Fury - 69
    • Marks of Valor - 1
    • Marks of Legend - 11
    Donate
    • Decorations - 3
    Costs
    • League Hall Creation - 100,000
    • League Hall Location - 25,000 (default, Sea of Tranquility and Tycho Crater are 50,000)
    • Proficiencies - 25,000
    • Statuaries - 10,000
    • Bank Slot Row #2/Tab #2 - 25,000
    • Bank Slot Row #3/Tab #3 - 35,000
    • Bank Slot Row #4/Tab #4 - 50,000
    • Bank Slot Row #5 - 75,000

Secondly, I wanted to add some clarity on Prestige gained in PvE instances. Here are some quick facts:
    • No Prestige is earned from sub-level 30 PvE instances.
    • Prestige is earned from the same loot tables that award other normal loot from the final bosses, so if you're locked out, you will not gain Prestige.
    • The minimum combat ratings that determined when and how Prestige was reduced in PvE instances weren't quite what we intended. We've increased them such that you can now get full Prestige with a higher combat rating.
    • There is no penalty to Prestige earned from PvE instances with final bosses of a higher CR than you.
    When you defeat a boss that rewards Prestige, your CR is compared to the boss's CR to determine if there should be a reduction in actual Prestige earned. The system consults the following table (updated with the values that will be used after the hotfix) to place you and the NPC within bands of combat ratings:
    • Band - Min CR
    • 0 - 0
    • 1 - 40
    • 2 - 56
    • 3 - 80
    • 4 - 89
    • 5 - 103
    • 6 - 115
    That chart corresponds with the final CR for each tier and will generally be the CR of the bosses in each of those tiers. Remember that those are not the current numbers on the live servers, but the numbers going out with the hotfix.

Let's say I'm CR 106 and I decide to do the East End Regal Hotel challenge as a Hero. When I get to the end, I'll notice that the Joker is CR 80. As I'm CR 106, I fall into band 5, because I'm higher than its minimum CR of 103, but lower than band 6's minimum CR of 115. The Joker falls into band 3 because he's at the exact minimum CR required for that at CR 80.

The system subtracts the NPC's CR band from my CR band.

5 - 3 = 2

The following table is then consulted:
    • Band Difference - Multiplier
    • 1 - 25%
    • 2 - 10%
    The difference is 2, so the Prestige I earn is multiplied by 10%. As noted above, challenges are worth 73 Prestige.

73 * 0.1 = 7.3

That's truncated to 7. Therefore, in the end, I earn 7 Prestige for defeating the Joker. Had the difference in CR resulted in another positive number that is not found on the previous chart, I would earn 0 Prestige. Therefore, I would earn no Prestige for Tier 1 or Tier 2 content with CR 106, because their bosses are CR 40 and 56, respectively.

Were our CRs reversed (my CR being 80 and the Joker's 106), there would be no penalty as there is never a penalty for defeating a final boss with a higher CR than your own.

I hope that all of this results in less confusion, not more, but I fully accept the idea that I may accomplish the opposite of that intent. I will try to answer questions as best as I can!
    • Like x 32
  2. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Very detailed thread!
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Can you guys explain the reasoning behind nerfing so drastically PvP prestige earning? 1 MoV = 1 Prestige? The previous conversion is 1 MoV = 20 Prestige!
    • Like x 9
  4. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

Math!
    • Like x 1
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

Just so you guys are aware, this thread doesn't seem to be showing up on the Soe post tracker.
    • Like x 1
  6. DC-Doll New Player

Probably so ppl dont just keep buying and turning in pvp gear.
    • Like x 1
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

It's not like its hard work or anything. /sarcasm

Ok maybe I'm a little biased because I planned on spamming PvP for major rewards. I'll shut up now:(
    • Like x 2
  8. Patm82 Well-Known Player

did A&B and Nexus only got 76 Prestige from each
  9. DC-Doll New Player

Me too, but lets be real. I'm full pvp gear, maxed on marks and I rarely pvp. Can't be alone on that. Alot of people will end up just cleaning their pvp marks by buying extra gear and d'mating them for prestige.
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I feel guilty now. I fully planned on donating 23,000 worth of prestige via MoV as soon as my league got a base
    • Like x 1
  11. DC-Doll New Player

Yeah, by all means go for it. I sure will.
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That is nothing I had 80k worth of valor in my inventory well now its worth 4k. Walking into 4 bases gives 2k and countless hours of farming gives 4k.
    Good job devs!
    • Like x 1
  13. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Very informative and smart as always, Zinbik.

I don't usually like to kiss dev-***, but here's one for ya.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Any chance raids and base walk in can be reset to reflect these changes since there weren't in the update when it came out .
  15. Fleece901 New Player

I just want to know when will the league problem be fixed? I'm in the middle of alerts and my league member tells me that the league is down. =/ how are we suppose to get out prestige if this keeps happening....
  16. True Zen New Player

very detailed. I thank you for the specifics. now I can determine which content would earn more prestige faster, unlock the league hall, then slowly accumulate more at a steady pace.
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Well finally, weaker players cannot get more than the higher tier players. Was crazy seeing combat ratings of 70s get more than 3000 in less than 4-5 hours.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ace1 Dedicated Player

The marks of valor conversion is pretty bad now, in my opinion PvP should be a bigger part of prestige.
    • Like x 9
  19. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I got on my alt and doubled the amount of prestige I had on my main in half the time lol.
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Well, PVP doesn't get the bonus anyway. I think that part is fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.