GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

I don't agree with the drastic reduction in prestige earned from MOV and MOF, I think you guys reduced them too much. In all honestly these values were the only redeeming quality of this horrid prestige system and now they are just as bad. I think you should increase MOF to 100 and MOV to at least 5, possibly 7.
    • Like x 7
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Question

Are you saying we can convert our MoTs into prestige? I mean most of us got nothing to spend it on :p

So 65k * 0.082 = 5330 prestige for the league?
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

So, a cr 102 will be able to get full prestige from anything T4-6, and 25% from T3 and 10% from T2.

That seems reasonable-ish.
  4. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I somewhat regret getting to 106 now
    • Like x 2
  5. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Based on this, I'm assuming that The WW and Circe solo final bosses are of low CR? I've never bothered to look, but I've been getting only 7 Prestige for them these past two days
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah, I thought they would be giving 73 to be honest. 7 isn't worth it especially if you finished everything and already have near fully MoF.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Can we bump up Valor to 10? 1 seems pitiful small and this just feels like a giant cash grab for replays.
    • Like x 3
  8. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

I'm just guessing. They don't make money off of PVP ya know? No need for Replay badges when the thing is on automatic replay.
    • Like x 6
  9. Ebon Angel New Player

Thanks for this information.

My question is, why do the members of a group, 2,4, or 8, get different amounts of prestige?
    For example, TD alert run, 1 person got 206, the rest got 51. This was a league run, no loot lock, all t6 geared.

Will the Hotfix address this as well?
    • Like x 1
  10. PlatypusMessiah New Player

Hey Zinbik,

How much is the prestige reduced between the soft and hard cap? How much actual prestige does it take to reach the hard cap?
  11. Rayel1970 New Player

Hay zinbik I had 82 marks of fury went to the war room traded them in so how much prestige should I get for my league?
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

That's not how you get prestige.... in fact you just wasted 82 MoF on tokens of merit. You can't donate stuff yet
    • Like x 2
  13. Ebon Angel New Player

I think it only counts if you do it in league hall. Hope hr clarifies this...
    • Like x 1
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So buying a 1000 valor gear grants your league 20k prestige if you demat it.
    But if you cash in the valor it self you get 4k.
    Do you guys actually think this through?.
    Just burned over 3k valor for nothing..
  15. Bobburt Committed Player

lolwut

I was sitting on 245k worth of pvp gear waiting to be dematerialized. This dumb...*ahem* nerf... brings that down do what, 24k 12k?

Actually, at least on Test, you can (could?) donate tokens of merit for prestige. No idea if they changed it, though. But yeah, still need that league hall.
    • Like x 1
  16. Michael Grid Well-Known Player

I hate this system for Prestige. HATE!

I find it complicated and frustrating.

It just boggles my mind that a character that is 1 month old can actually earn MORE prestige in a league than a veteran player who has had a character for 3 years. I wish that before queuing into something, the amount of prestige that I will earn by completing the content is clearly displayed beforehand. I don't want to run content and find out in the end via the Loot tab that... oh, hey... I got jack squat for prestige for doing this.

Zinbic, no offense, but the algorithms and the math to determine Prestige earned does not seem fair. Prestige should be award for everything in this game. And some of the prestige awards seem very lowball to me. If given a decision to donate a base item to the league for 1,2, or 3 prestige OR to just keep it for myself, I'm going keep it because 1 prestige point does not seem like its going make a dent towards the 125K we need to even start up a league base.

The same with Dematerialize or Salvage. It seems clear to me that I will only have true value of salvaging gear towards my salvage feat for certain pieces. The gear that I could never salvage before away... only delete , purchased with marks, will be the only things I dematerialize.

I do not like the fact that Prestige is not awarded in some cases to certain players because of their cr. All content should always award some prestige.

I just think the system should award Prestige the same way marks are awarded. Its simple, its easy, its clear.
    T1 content pays out T1 level Prestige... TO EVERYONE. T6 Pays out T6 level prestige to those who can run it. This reverse math thing and diminishing return system is just bad in my opinion.
    • Like x 9
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Sucks huh. Countless hours of farming and turns out a T1 can earn more then me.
    4k Valor. One hundred wins...guess what that equals to 8k. How much can you get for walking into 4 bases? 2k.
    Seriously...
    Take down the servers and go back into the drawing boards.
    • Like x 3
  18. Mermaid Dedicated Player

The 81k weekly cap sucks. We can earn up to 60k in one day.. I really hope you consider that change.
  19. ez7 Troller New Player

Are the weekly caps per toon or per league?
  20. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

I think these number are to high. what about leagues that have lower numbers of members and actually want to keep it that way. 125,000 for the cheapest league base, really?! and what are the themes of these league bases as well? why don't we get bonus prestige for running with league mates in content? its going to take along time to just get a base and even longer to get it up and running. this process has been made into a full time job...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.