GU 39 Hotfix: Prestige Fixes and Explanations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DR MAGICSTICK New Player

i am in a small league and this unlock level is CRAZY for small leagues. DCUO is telling us that we need to be in larger leagues. that is BS. let us donate gear and such for prestige points before league hall is unlocked. come on
    • Like x 2
  2. DR MAGICSTICK New Player

why not have an adjustable value for hall unlock based on number of members
    • Like x 2
  3. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Because then you'd get people breaking up their leagues, making small ones, getting a league hall faster, and then everyone joining back.
    • Like x 2
  4. unfunnyusername New Player

Solution: smaller leagues pay less prestige for their guild hall, based on membership. Guild halls have a set 'barracks' capacity based on their initial size tier. Expansion for additional members above that tier capacity costs more prestige and build time on 'barracks extensions.' That's how Warframe handles clan dojos.
    • Like x 2
  5. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I realize this isn't something that was probably thought about when League Halls were being designed, but this is going to cause some serious abuse within the community. I can see it happening already on both PC servers. Leagues are just mega-recruiting right now with what seems to be little to no intention to actually immerse these new recruits in the league. On the backend, I believe the thought is they'll "trim the fat" so to speak once the league hall is purchased. The way prestige has been implemented it absolutely favors leagues maxed out at 500 members. Especially those in the T2-4 range. Leagues that have been together for a while or leagues that are focused solely on endgame content are hindered as they do not have the same possibilities to earn prestige.

If this is going to continue to be the way prestige is earned, we'll make do. But, it currently doesn't seem to bode well for the community.
    • Like x 9
  6. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

question - im 106 cr , until now i see that the only thing where i get prestige is T5 / T6 mission .
    ( 700 prestige by day for one person )
    There is a why to get more ?
    I know there is a way when we get league base but we dont have yet the base
  7. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Complex. It seems like a lot of complication for it's own sake. What was the need to introduce bands into a system that already has been built on tiers?

I don't like that rewards do not increase with the level of difficulty-- it makes a statement about the game, something like: at CR30, fighting an archvillain within your tier/band of content is going to feel exactly the same as challenging an archvillain at CR100. Or, once you reach level 30, it's the same old thing ever after and your rewards will reflect such. An odd way to value content that supposedly challenges players ever increasingly as they progress through the game.

I'm still stinging from the reality that my leagues will be locked out of this content for months. We simply can't generate sufficient prestige to pay for the 125,000 hall purchase and levy for placement. As diehard Solo and Duo players, the next DLC is another empty one for us, which represents a massive challenge to leap-frog over it to access the subsequent DLC. With the changes to marks, I understand this is going to be even harder than it is now. I've been stuck in a constant grind in the Gotham Wastelands for months in pathetic desperation to hit CR100-- now, there is no prestige for 94% of the content we're running there, and what prestige we do earn is valued equally with what our lower toons will get. My desire to advance in this game seems to diminish with each update you make to it.
    • Like x 4
  8. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Friend and I completed T3 old Gotham Subway tonight. He was CR68 and I was CR63. We received 73 prestige each for defeating Penguin, rather than 84 as this post indocates (unless I'm misunderstanding the bands, which is propable). It looks as though this Duo is awarding the amount that its Solo counterpart is set to award. Same problem/different content, or different bug altogether?
  9. Kamjerzy New Player

WE NEED EU AND US SERVER MERGE FOR PS3/PS4 DUE TO LOW POPULATION IN THE EU SERVER
  10. 6000Degree New Player

If you wish a lagfest...
    • Like x 1
  11. BigEBomb New Player

The Final Boss of Nexus is CR 102. Therefore he falls into band 4 (CR 89 - 102) if your CR is 103 or higher you're in band 5 (CR 103-114) which means you only receive 25% of the 305 Raid Prestige.
    • Like x 2
  12. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Read the post again. The WHOLE post. You obviously missed a few things...
  13. TheLoneLantern New Player

I don't think that Dimishing Returns, Soft Cap, and Hard Cap is not enough. We need more obstacles. Here's my list: (feel free to add more if you come up with any good ones)

-Prestige earned decreases depending on how long your toon has logged in for the day. 0% prestige earned once that timer hits 20 minutes.
    -Prestige is reduced as your toon gains skill points. At 73 skill points, you get 0 prestige from at-level solo content. If you have more skill points than the prestige reward, the remainder is subtracted from your league's total. If you have 173 skill points, the league loses 100 prestige from running at-level solo content.
    -Prestige earned is multiplied (range: 0.1x to 1.0x) based on the colors used in the palette. Of the three colors available, the highest multiplier value is applied. The multiplier values are dynamic, meaning their values change daily.

You realize that PvP is dead, right? Even though the conversion rate was high, at least that would get people to fricking que up! Now, with the nerf, you basically verified that you want pvp to stay dead. For that, I thank you oh so much...

I apologize for sounding like a jerk, but I feel like there have been too many really bad decisions as of late, and I think that there has been lots of good feedback/suggestions that are going unnoticed. People are trying to help save this game, as it is going to circle the drain if changes aren't made, imo.
  14. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

This simple method for awarding prestige would be so much more fluid. Instead of just going over the top of one band into the next and losing many opportunities for full prestige, there would be a consistent group of content that would apply full prestige. All tiers of players would not have to carefully monitor their CR against band maximums to risk losing out on prestige.

There is not as much concern from large leagues because they can cap out no matter what their members are doing just by sheer volume. Smaller leagues absolutely need the opportunity to maximize their playable content to have hope of getting a league hall or the pipe dream of maintaining a few monthly proficiencies. In all reality, small leagues will eventually wind up with a hall, some statues, and a shared bank. Hmm...
    • Like x 1
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

This is my opinion and I just want to voice it. This was meant to be a league centric addition to the game. However, with the 'banding' the way it is, it puts leagues, like mine, in a major disadvantage. It also encourages league member not to help out their members. Here's my justification. I am in a helping league. We have no requirements for joining. We run all content to help get feats for and gear up our lower tiered members.
    Now, when I run a piece of lower tiered content I get, basically, nothing. The marks are great, but I can earn more on T5. I've got most all the styles and feats from lower content as well, but I still help out my league members. (Not every league is like that thought.) I was very excited by the idea of prestige being linked to the number of participants because it gave higher tiered players a reason to run with their lower tiered league-mates. However, with the current system their is 0 reason for any higher tiered player to even care about their lower tiered counter parts.
    What this content has done is driven a massive wedge into leagues (at least in the USPS anyway.) Now leagues are grouped into top tier and bottom tier; with the two groups having no good reason to interact with each other. In my opinion (again, all this is) this content has done the reverse of what was intended.
    We are a league, it shouldn't matter what we run, as long as we are running together! Wasn't that the point of this to begin with?
    • Like x 3
  16. IntraShadow New Player

So i seen the threads and all the chatter of how earning prestige is unfair depending the the tier you are in. I for one agree that earning prestige is unfair. So i gather some info on reason it would be considered unfair.
    Reference
    Band - Min CR
    0 - 0
    1 - 40
    2 - 56
    3 - 80
    4 - 89
    5 - 103
    6 - 115

Starting with Band 5 since it near highest gear(T6) and that band considers Cr 103-114 to be apart of this tier.
    Therefore Full prestige can only be gain from alert, raids, duo, solo with 103 cr bosses or higher. If the boss is in a lower band then you will either receive 10% or 25% of prestige. So listed below will be the content that is suppose to give fully prestige.
    Themyscira Divided
    Supply Lines
    Port of Paradise
    Assault and Battery
    Nexus and Paradox (bosses are 102 however are considered for full prestige due too multiple bosses.(theory))
    (Amazon fury solos don't count it 99 cr so it consider band 4)

Total prestige for alert and duo Daily- 367 Weekly- 2559 --- this kinda sad considering other tiers.
    Raids weekly(without replays)-900 supposedly, Some raids are still glitched and aren't giving correct amount

Now Future DLC Halls of Power add one alert, one operation and 3 raids. So the will make it better right? Eh
    Below will display prestige of current t6 content with new content.
    Total Prestige for alerts/op and duo Daily-777 Weekly- 5439-- Still pretty eh
    Raids weekly- 1800

Now for the other tier, the one i consider to be the best from CR 53 to 55. Why you may asked? Well because being that CR allow to be part of Band 1 and being Cr 53 allow you take course of getting fully prestige of T2 and T3. (T1 content is considered Band 0 cr 0-39.)

So here are content CR 53-53 can achieve fully prestige from:
    Solo: 8 - 568
    Duo: 8 - 648
    Alert: 10 - 2000

Total prestige for alert and duo AND SOLOS(lol) Daily- 3216 Weekly- 22,512k
    7 Raid Weekly: 1800 for the 6 and 2500 if you count SunStone Matrix.

So for my solution i would say to allow all tiers to gain full prestige from all Solo OR Duo, this would help the people in the tiers where they can't get much prestige for there league and it doesn't create a massive increase in term of prestige gain a week. Also when you reach the soft cap of weekly amount the reward of doing them could be lessen.

Doing all 18 Duo net you 1458 or all 17 Solo nets you 1207 daily. That seems fair because you will need to login everyday to run that old content. I understand some of you may say that it will be easy for high tier players to gain prestige however i will counter by saying the T1,T2,T3 duo and solo are easy in their respected tier. I run all t2/t3 duo/solo in less than an hour give or take at CR 55 with 46 gear no mods.

Second Solution change the percentage of the diminishing returns of running lower tier content. Therefore instead of 10% and 25% make it 25% - 75% or something a more fair since there's already a soft cap when you hit around 60k Prestige.

Last Solution reconfigure the "Bands" to make it a little accessible to run lower tier content.

If you think they will overpower big leagues, it won't since they already overpowered with multiples already achieving the weekly max amount of prestige. It will make it easier for smaller leagues that been waiting for league hall since it was announce so long ago lol.

Thanks for listen if you manage to read that wall of text and will like inputs of if you disagree or agree.
  17. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Definitely seems as if this DLC is focused more on the masses versus the quality of the League. As a smaller League, we're forced to recruit more individuals to come in so that we can even have a shot at getting a League Hall, but we're also shafted again since we're all currently T6.

The discussion from the community has been loud and clear, re-address this system of Prestige reduction based on Tiers, and also scale the LH purchase based upon the number of League members. At least have a clear objective for Leagues to recruit for such as: LH cost is 25K for Leagues of < 25; 50K for 26 >< 50; & 100K for > 51 members. The weekly cost to maintain the Leagues proficiencies should be adjusted to match also.

I completely understand that this will cause a few Leagues to reduce their size in numbers, but what added value do we have in creating all of these Mega Leagues? It's already insane as it is when you're managing 50+ personalities.

Give the smaller Leagues a chance to stay as they are, don't force us to simply invite the masses just because.
    • Like x 3
  18. RadarX Community Relations

We are going to close this to transition feedback to an updated thread. Please continue to provide your feedback here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.