going WE report

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Dec 25, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

my thoughts about hybrid and clipping:
    splitting stats equally between precission and might+power is no real option. i guess maxing out might+power would be always the way better option, because you want to clip strong powers fast, wich drains your power bar fast and because power replenishing is more manageable the more power you have, super powered is giving you exactly the extra power you would want to do so... then, with modding might+precission, you do mediocre with both weapon and power attacks. not only that, but you also need to time your clipping with the cooldowns of your powers, wich additionally leads to some combos beeing to fast or to slow, leaving you with only a handfull of combos that are even capable for being used to clip with in the first place... please correct me if i am wrong about it, but does it even matter if you clip and play hybrid, when actually specialization on either weapon or power attacks appears to have the better results? not sure, maybe if you have 400+ SP's to max out might+power and at least 100 into precission, hybrid becomes a thing... on the other side, not being able to spend SP's into health leads to hybrids becomming basicly glass canons wich is allways a disatvantage in everyway. looking at the artifacts, when choosing two is possible, specialization is getting even stronger than now. right now, i think the hybrid playstyle is more like a tank or in some cases a healer thing...
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I agree totally. There is no way a shorter WM should be hitting for the same (damage per second) as one that takes more inputs and longer time to pull off. That way people have the option to go for long chain, far more damage, or short chain somewhat less damage depending on the amount of wiggle room they have.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Before, going full precision was the way to go (after all, you use your weapon combos more often than your heavy hitting powers), but I can't remember if that changed when they added power to the might stat. At the moment, even if you play hybrid, you're still better off going with superpowered just because the power regen is so much better than what you even get back from your weapons.

That's really sad, actually. Even as a troll, when I would clip every single power with a weapon combo, it was still better (for regen) to choose superpowered vs. hybrid. Shouldn't be that way, that imbalanced.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i remember when avair made a reply about the calculation based on activation time. it was in one of the many "buff electro" threads. we were talking about the time needed for setting up your DOT's with the AM electro was given back then. i said that the biggest flaw was that the dots needed to get stacked, while burst AM's killed your targets before you could even max out your potential most of the time. that was when avair came in and gave a hint at the fact they were working on the revamp, taking into account activation times for dammage. not sure if it was a missunderstanding, because we were not at all talking about weapons, but about the time needed for DOT stacking...
  5. L T Devoted Player

I think their damage is calibrated based on the animation time of the final attack more than anything else. I also there's a history factor maybe. Bask when am combos regenerated power the ones that regenerated well did a little less damage and I'm thinking some of them have reduced damage still even though the power is gone
  6. L T Devoted Player

I never choose superpowers for support roles and I never run low on power. As a troll it gets tight, but I much prefer to be active in regenerating power than just sitting and waiting on passive regen.

I've used Bow, Shield, and handblasters and done really well with all of them.
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I used the same for a while, never had power problems either, butttttt..... then someone told me, try it out with superpowered, and guess what?

Even though I still throw in the same amount of weapon attacks that I used to (helps build supercharge faster and gives me something to do) you actually have more power available as superpowered, even if you keep attacking as weapons. Crazy right? Of course, your experience might be different, maybe you have a lower ping than me and weapons work better for you, that could be.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, they explained it pretty well when we were going through all the weapons during the revamp. People were like, why in the world is the last hit hitting for less than the first ones?! and the devs replied it was because they only counted the amount of time before any one of them could be clipped. So some, like haymaker, have a really long animation but short clipping time, and do nowhere near the damage they should. But, they make the rules, lol. Hopefully they change them in the future.
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Yeah Haymarket was doing great until they needed the last hit of the combo just before release. They did the same with mega smash from 2 handed. I think it was PvP concerms... But strangely they left staff alone.
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

Curse you Double Post!!!
    • Like x 2
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

WE should have been made so that normal wep attacks hit far harder than Powers...i disagree
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

na, its just that as long as your weapon buff alone is going, then it should be equal at least.
    only with your neckmod combo buff, your troll buff and your two artifact buffs all activated,
    then i think you should be hitting waaay harder with weapons than with super powers.