Fighter's Guide to Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fighter, Feb 27, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

Arc has a long cast time, but can be clipped with Surge, Cap, eGen, Galv, and Ionic Drain. Surge's cooldown is half that of Arc, so you can clip Arc with it and then hit it again before Arc becomes ready for reuse. I use it very regularly as it's a great tank heal and I really love the animation.

I haven't had the opportunity to solo heal Nexus. I don't get to run it often. I'm not in a league (was in a small one) and have definitely hit my threshhold with PUGing things lately (driving me batsht crazy). Did you know there's a league out there with a tank who barely uses powers and a healer who barely uses weapons? ugh! I digress.

I do love the mass heal that Ionic offers. It definitely should be used to clip a burst heal though. It's hard to pull that heal off in Nexus. I joined one group recently and was actually asked to put it in my loadout. That was kinda cool and went well.

My loadouts for Nexus are:
    Surge, Cap, eGen, Arc, Galv, GT
    or
    Surge, Cap, Arc, Ionic, Galv, GT

And... let us never forget the awesome group shield afforded by the CC Healer Trinket. It's a shame that the cast is so much work and that it's easily interrupted.
    • Like x 1
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

I personally i won't use this.. as electric healer i need to save up power, even for T5's.. not all groups are perfects (i mean for trollers or dpses or tanks), even running with leagues you should keep a well range for a good (or perfect) healing..

This loadout is kool by its own way, due its max healing.. but always take care of power.. that would depend on each player...
  3. Fighter Well-Known Player

When the Sons of Trigon DLC came out I switched to Celestial then 3 weeks later I switched back to a electric. I missed it too much and I found that I heal a lot better as electric. Currently I am 99cr with 123 SP. I have all 86 gear with restoration health expert in my blues, restoration and precision expert in my reds and straight restoration expert in my yellows. I have 87 dual wields. When speced fully into healer stats I have 4225 restoration.

I am used my usual large heal loadout in Parafox recently. It was electrogen, bio cap, bio surge, galvanize, arc light, invigorate. I keep electrogen up at all times. When casting it on the tank to specific person I follow it up with bio cap. I use bio cap and bio surge as needed to single heals. I also clip bio surge with galvanize when many people are taking heavy damage. This way I get a big group heal with HOT and a single heal invade one person was out of range or needed more heals. I use arc light to heal tank or melle folks and clip it with bio surge to cancel the animation. I am also using galvanize when electrogen is at about 9 o'clock to keep my HOTs up.

Anyone else try Celestial after bring Electricity? What did you think?
  4. blklightning New Player

I was electric and I do miss it dearly. There's just too much fun to be had as celestial for me to switch back quite yet. I may go back, but not for a while.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Same. Once I got a good loadout and got the combo timing down, Celestial has been so fun. I do miss Electricity, but I think I'm Celestial until the Sorcery revamp and perhaps beyond.
  6. Crescent Owl New Player

I recently switched back after playing as a tank. I miss Electricity too much plus it fits my toons name better Lightning Liberty. I've been playing as DPS but may spec into Healing once the Armories come out so that way I can spec into healing as well. I do want to try Arc Lightning and Ionic Drain together and clip Arc into Drain that sounds like it could do some great heals? I am trying out a different load out for DPS right now its...
    Wired>Tesla Ball>Arc Lightning>Electrocute>Electrogenesis>Electrostatic Bomb. It is a different load out going to test it out tomorrow and see how it works in raids. Its more of hitting multiple enemies instead of focusing on single target DPSing. I wanted to try something different.
  7. Fighter Well-Known Player

I has not tried arc with drain. Let me know how that works and if they clip well together.
  8. Fighter Well-Known Player

I updated the top of the guide with my T5 raid loud out and rotation.
  9. zBlueFlashz New Player

Hey Fighter I just found this load out and I want to try it out. What do you think are the three best weapons that will work with this load out?
  10. Fighter Well-Known Player

In my opinion your weapon choice is not so much what works with a certain loudout but more about what will get you SC charged and what will allow you to heal at any moment. Weapons with range attack charges like 1 hand, staff, duel wield and 2 hand are not good choices. They lock you in animation and take too long to get SC charged. My top 3 weapon choices for healing are bow, riffle and hand blasters. And the skill point trees for bow and riffle I got straight down to the flurry shot and mortar. I do the same with HB but i also get the side kick move too. Its very clippable!
  11. blklightning New Player

Pulse beam, from HB gets fast power regen. For a while, I was really enjoying Trick Shot (bow). Spam that attack and my counter would skyrocket. Now that I'm Celestial, I rely less on my weapon.
  12. zBlueFlashz New Player

O

Ok so Bow, Rifle and HB. What about Martial Arts? I've heard some people say it might be good for healing.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

I've used Bow, Rifle, HB, DP, and MA. Found all to be good for power regen using ranged combos. Bow is Flurry Shot or Arrow Storm. Rifle is Surprise Volley (lunge attack) or Rolling Barrage alternated with Flip Burst. HB is Pulse Beam. DP is Slip Shot alternated with Jump Shot. MA is Shuriken combos. You can melee heal, as well, but it's generally more dangerous.
  14. blklightning New Player

Of those, MA doesn't have the SC and power regen innates.
    Oh, I used to love tank healing as electric. So fun when in a pinch when running w/o a tank, or when the tank goes down. Could hit galv a few times and pull enough aggro away from the downed member. Haven't quite figured that out for Celestial yet. It's not much of a kiting powerset.
  15. zBlueFlashz New Player

Ok thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try MA and see if I end up sticking with it.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

True about MA, but you can rain down some shurikens, which regenerates power pretty well. I used it in my waning days as Electricity.

As for healer tanking as Celestial, you might try Consume Soul. ;)
  17. blklightning New Player

Thanks. It's more the speed and mobility of things. With electric, I can kite, AoE taunt, and burst heal all at the same time. For Celestial, I feel I'm locked into combos. Suppose those tanking times would just mean less combos. Just use more power for the casts. hrmmm...

Guess I'd actually have to be running more content to see how that works. Decided to go leagueless again. So hard to find enough people in a league online to run group content. What has happened to DCUO and why is it so dead?
  18. Fighter Well-Known Player

Super speed was made for electric healers!
  19. Fighter Well-Known Player

I just updated the guide with my survival mode loud out. I will try to post a video later this week of some SM footage of it is action.

What loud outs are you all finding works well in SM?
  20. blklightning New Player

I use a similar loadout, but drop eGen for Group Transducer... though I'm going to give Invigorate a go and see how that fares. I'm digging the Bio Charge PI.

eGen seems remarkably unimpressive now. I don't see the HoT as being worth it. May give it another go, but it's too risky to get on the tank and I don't really see it ticking on anyone else. :(