Fighter's Guide to Electric Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fighter, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Slado Active Player

The awesome thing about electric healing is there seems to be something for every play style, and with enough practice, all the powers can be used effectively. Cases in point Galvanise: absolutely amazing for group pvp IF you stay in range; Arc Lightning: great heal for the power IF you don't need a heal on yourself.

I love seeing posts like this where there are so many different powers mentioned and they are all viable for different uses. I remember the first month after Electric was released and there were a ton of "this power is garbage as a healer power" and "I'm going back to nature" threads. Thumbs up to everyone that has taken the time to really play with the power set and pass along what they have learned.
    • Like x 2
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

It's arguably the most complete powerset for healing and DPS. Don't see them changing much with the eventual revamp.
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Your info on galvanize isn't quite right. It won't make a line of heals getting stronger to the tank it will just heal everybody in range for a large amount and increases with the number of people in range. Everybody gets the same heal.
  4. blklightning New Player

I'm actually gonna try a few of these, too.

I don't think I understand Extended Supercharge though. In a game where the cost of SC's are not a stated mount like powers, but are a percentage of the total pool... what's the point of having a larger pool if I can still only have 2 invigorates AND it will take longer to fill up the pool to get the 2nd one?

Also... what is the size of the pool before the mod. And... other than increased damage, what are the benefits we'd rec'v when the pool reaches 1000? Where IS 1000 anyway, cuz I don't know how big the pool is to stat with.
  5. Zeikial Committed Player

This is awesome for pve not so awesome for pvp, as for the chest I would also recomend the one mod that gives you 800 power, core strength for healers never made much sense to me, as your precision is really low, and your still not going to get any damage bonuses. Even if you modded with precision and resto, your still not going to get over 400 precision, you wont be doing much damage with 300 precision and no modifiers
  6. blklightning New Player

Which is the mod that gives 800 power? They're a little confusing in their descrptions of that they actually do. Like I wrote above. I don't qutie understand the benefit of the SC mod.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

That mod DOES increase your supercharge pool. The descriptions in the power and skill trees were written when the SC pool was constant. They need to be updated. The starting pool is 1000 "units."
  8. blklightning New Player

But, when all SC power consumptions are a percentage of the total pool, why would the size of the pool matter?

A pool of 1000, means I need 500 for my 50% SC. A pool of 1350 means I need 675 for that same cast. Also, aside from damage out bonus, what are the other +'s to haveing full SC?
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

You missed my point. SC used to be a set pool, so the powers were listed as consuming a percentage of that pool. Now that the pool can be increased, the percentage cost is no longer accurate. A 50% SC always costs 500 units, for example, regardless of the pool size. Therefore, a larger pool gives you more SC opportunities.
    • Like x 1
  10. blklightning New Player

AHA!!! The first person to explain it and have it make sense. Thank you, sir!

Now... do I want to use the Extended SC mod or faster regen mod? hmmm... will try each out.
  11. Zeikial Committed Player

Its the chest mod, called reserve tank, gives you 800 power onto your pool, my power with this mod is at 3020 something like that
  12. Fighter Well-Known Player

After the update I redid my SP. I have 103 SP and got both chance and magnitude then put the rest in to as much Restoration as I could get. In full T4 gear and 2 yellow mods that are resto and power instead if just resto: my base Restoration is 2328. What numbers are you all getting with what gear, SP and mods?
  13. Quagmire New Player

Lately I have been using Arc lighting cancelled out with spot heal or any other heal you want. Been working GREAT! Got some big heals off of arc lighting!
  14. D3STROYERofTANKS New Player

For my pvp loadout i have 3 debuff on my loadout for tanks when im doing

1v1 2v2 4v4 5v5:
    wired, bio-capacitor, Tesla blast, invigorate, electro burst and galvanize

8v8:
    wired, bio-capacitor, ionic drain, invigorate, electro burst and galvanize
    THE DEBUFFS ARE:
    WIRED
    TESLA BLAST
    ELECTRO BURST

15. D3STROYERofTANKS New Player

With my sp and mods my resto is 2668 cause i use DW from farris aircraft which has the highest resto in game i also uses the neck from there it also gives the highest resto. i uses focused resto white mod from base with increase resto by 100 and something.
    For my mods i use: RESTO 4 - YELLOW
    RESTO/HEALTH 4 - BLUE
    RESTO/PRECISION 4 - RED
    I HAVE A 149 SKILL POINTS MAYBE THATS WHY MY RESTO SO HIGH
    BUT STILL I ONLY HAVE 4 PIECES OF NORSEMAN GEAR
  16. Zeikial Committed Player

I have gone away from using the focus resto neck, while it boost your resto by 192 or 197 something like that, its only good until you get hit by an add, then your resto resets to what it would be without the neck, you will get the boost back after 10sec, and the cycle continues. I believe a lot of players just have to say hey look at me and my inflated resto. Trust me when I tell you are always taking damage in raids alerts duos. I am currently using the one that gives you 7400 defense when blocking or something like that. Altho I do have all me resto innate's and gear is fully modded with resto rings and resto innate's, im still at 2445, if I cant heal you with that then maybe I should just find another role
  17. Fighter Well-Known Player

I am waiting for the new DLC to drop before I start using my mainframe mods again. I can run any content right now just fine without them.
    • Like x 1
  18. mikeycorleone New Player

Hi good guide, helped me alot when I started electricity healing. One thing I realized is that elec heals is not one that tops the healing scoreboard when paired with a nature or sorc heal that knows what he/she's doing but I like it cause of its burst. When u are called into action its an unforgiving place and just a split second late on ur heal could mean a dead teammate which is why I like it XD. Definitely challenging healing with tho I never tried the other 2 heal powers to compare . Just like to add that if u time Ionic drain its very effective. I usually pay attention to the boss's red skull and pop it, when done right them green bars pop back up. P.s : I'm not one to go out and top the heal scoreboard but more to power in heal out ratio. And I would have arc lightning clipped with ionic drain for harder raids like PB just my 2 cents sorry if a bit lengthy =)
    • Like x 1
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, Sorcery and Nature are able to have essentially continuously running HoTs, which usually puts them at the top. Electricity's burst can really prevent a wipe, though. I like that the different power sets work so differently. As Electricity, I love running with Sorcery or Nature.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fighter Well-Known Player

I recent solo healed Nexus. My loadout was Electrogenesis, Bio Cap, Bio Surge, Galvanize, Arc Lightning and Invigerate. I had about 3750 in Resto with the Home Turf mod. I tried to stay in the middle of the group. I kept electrogenesis up all the time. I used galvanize when electrogenesis was at about 9 oclock on cooldown to keep my HOTs up. Then I used bio cap to keep up the 35% and bio surge to heal whoever needed it the most. I also used arc lightning but not very much. I found that the cast time was too long and I could hit bio surge 2-3 times and get a better result. Plus arc only hits those near the enemy I hit. When using bio surge I know exactly who I am healing. Then I used supercharge when several people went down to keep those up who are picking them up and then getting those up asap when they revive.

What other experiences are you other Electric healers having in the T5 raids?