Favorite quotes

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lara, May 27, 2021.

1. Lara Committed Player

“The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.”
  2. Lara Committed Player

“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.”
  3. Lara Committed Player

“When it is obvious that goals can’t be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.”
  4. Lara Committed Player

“Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world, and in many ways, it’s the first step toward learning something and getting better at it.”
  5. Lara Committed Player

“Life is very interesting… in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.”
  6. Lara Committed Player

“I think if you live in a black-and-white world, you’re gonna suffer a lot. I used to be like that. But I don’t believe that anymore.”
  7. Lara Committed Player

“I don’t believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels, because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It’s a mean thing, life.”
  8. Lara Committed Player

You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damned red velvet cupcake.”
  9. Lara Committed Player

“A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.”
  10. Lara Committed Player

Be nice to people on the way up, because you may meet them on the way down.”
  11. Lara Committed Player

“I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.”
  12. Lara Committed Player

“The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.”
  13. Lara Committed Player

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”
  14. Lara Committed Player

“I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.”
  15. Lara Committed Player

“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
  16. Lara Committed Player

“There are three things you can do with your life: You can waste it, you can spend it, or you can invest it. The best use of your life is to invest it in something that will last longer than your time on Earth.”
  17. Lara Committed Player

“You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.”
  18. Lara Committed Player

“In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.”
  19. Lara Committed Player

“We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.”
  20. Lara Committed Player

“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”