Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. rival exe New Player

I think he means the census API, which the devs DID create.
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

If you believe your skills outmatch your CR, you have an issue as you are underestimating the game. Don't think because you can do some things you are above those who are higher cr than you, don't think your personal skill is all you need, don't expect the game to always the bare minimum to always be enough. You may have survived some things, but the time will come when your skill wont be enough, when that times comes it will be your CR what's missing. Yes I do need to know you CR because it's a group thing, and everyone should know full well who they are playing with, you are not alone in a group, and if they believe it's best for you not to be in it because of your CR, it's not because they don't believe in your skills, it's because they know the game doesn't care about skills, CR is more than just a number, and just like a 107CR with 70SP can do a T6 raid, so can a 103 with 180sp, but there are things where the SP is meaningless, and so your own personal skill for which we have no graphic to go by, so we have to rely on CR to determine if you are ready for the content or not. BTW I never once ask for CR, never, and still I get people with high CR on my groups, so no I wouldn't ask you for your CR, but if it happens that you end up dying more than others, it's sure isn't because you don't have skills since you yourself said you are good enough to do things at a low CR.
    • Like x 1
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

Oh and that will get you killed as some bosses like to target the players furthest from them.
    • Like x 2
  4. rival exe New Player

Nope no issues at all. I know what I know from playing the game and having the results as evidence. If you're not as good as me that you can't complete an instance being "undergeared" then that's your issue, not mine.

Nothing you have said has proven you need to know my CR. I have made all my groups without asking people for their CRs. I didn't know their CRs and we still completed all of them. Proving, you don't need to know CR to do a raid.
  5. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

The name of this thread made me think that your CR should show your current CR for the gear you are wearing. I know my dps CR is higher than my healer CR atm but I don't know by how much, so saying my CR if i am in my healer stance is a bit of a lie. Don't really agree with the OP though. For many reasons probably already mentioned before me
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As rival mentioned.... wrong.

My Troll had more survivability as a fresh 100CR then most DPSes with 106+CR.

More then once did I have to carry a higher CR DPS in the T6 Duo because they could not stay alive to the end of the fight.
    Heck I have Bastion in my duo loadout just to try to keep them DPSes alive. Them or the Healer who do not heal and play as a DPS.

When OC was first released... I was one of those able to finish the raids.

But pretty soon.... people would ask for Expert mods to run the raids.

Even though I had already run it.... I already had some gear from it.... I was excluded from runining it because I did not have any Expert mods yet.

After a while... I had to buy some Expert mods so that I could run the Raids once more.

What is BS is NOT the minimum CR.... it is the made up requirements of the player base.
    • Like x 4
  7. RSL New Player

i'll say it again. all you kids who think CR and SP aren't important, that you should be able to run all content smoothly with the bare minimum CR. all you guys have to do is form a group shouting that you take anyone, regardless of SP and CR, and you should have a full group in no time. the problem is you know full well such a group will fail and you need experienced, skilled players who bothered gearing up to get you through things and it pisses you off that you no longer get a pass. prove me wrong.

love,
    me.
    • Like x 3
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For the record, I've never said that CR and SP totals aren't important, just that people sometimes put too much importance into numbers that can be easily misread or misinterpreted. Also, I've never said that content runs at minimum CR are smooth or easy. I know from first-hand experience that they can be rough, especially if you don't pay attention to your surroundings or just make a simple mistake. But completing a content run at entry-level CR is possible.

As for the rest? I've never asked for a pass. Ever. The absolute most I would ask for is a chance to learn. But between the people who insist on playing the "you must be THIS tall" game and the immediate assumptions by some that everyone who isn't as geared as they are wants to be carried, there really isn't that much of a welcoming environment to learn and any chances that DO come along are very few and far between.

The worst part is that it becomes a part of a vicious circle. Higher CR players for whatever reason refuse to team with lower CR players and teach, leading to players who don't know the content as well, leading to those players causing problems when they DO finally raise their CR to levels deemed "acceptable" by the higher CR players. All it would take to break that particular circle is the willingness to teach, but too many take the "it's not my job to teach" stance, and things simply stay the way they are. Never changing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Octantis New Player

This Skill vs CR war is well past the point of beating a dead horse. One is not more important than the other, and having one over the other doesn't make you a good player. They are two halves of a whole. I don't get where people were told otherwise, and perpetuating it is even more disgusting.

It needs to stop.
    • Like x 8
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately, as long as people try and equate actual ability with easily misread/misinterpreted numbers, I have the feeling those discussions will keep happening, no matter how sun-bleached the bones of that particular dead horse become. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is another step in the commodification of players. Forgetting that what makes an MMO interesting is that every run will be different because there are different players involved. Decades of traditional playing have convinced people that plugging numbers into slots will result in success. Displaying CR and SP reduce organic players to tools in the box for people in LFG. I wish we could turn it off, but we won't and I accept that, if not like it.
    • Like x 1
  12. RSL New Player

wasn't addressing you in particular there. this is completely a mentality in the game though.

also fwiw the people asking for high CR are more often than not those with LOW CR.
  13. Crimson Jonni New Player

i'm on the fence. on one hand i dont see anymore harm than what we've already gotten, but on the other hand i see potential abuse. But my true question is, Why do we even need such a thing? A quick inspect to see a players gear gives you a rough estimate of the cr they are. if i inspected someone with full modded vestments, it'd be easy to gauge that theyre probably 103, if theyre mixed with 90 and 91 theyre probably in the 104 range, 92-91 105 range and ect, you get the point. it seems kinda pointless in all honesty
    • Like x 1
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've resigned myself that playing ability and social skills evidently outweigh a series of numbers based partly on luck, partly on skill, partly on having friends who have a boon of the previous two.
  15. Saami Loyal Player

Think of the bright side.
    You do good with lower cr than average for LFG shout = ppl start to notice that maybe high cr isnt necessary.
    • Like x 1
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

i've always been an advocate of judging based off skill, and this past dlc has made it painfully obvious that skill is indeed the deciding factor in how well you do. would not believe how angry i've gotten based off of assumptions made by looking at gear. ran zamaron two times the first day and saw a tank and troll with 110 crs so i assumed theyd be good, but boy was i wrong. tank didnt know how to do anything, he literally didnt block or pull once. just lunged at the adds and died everytime. and the troll with full 96, modded in Might VI expert, dominace and health and might and power in every socket, pot tick of 270 at 110 cr. i was disappointed. only because at that high cr and at tier 6.5 you should have a basic understanding of how to perform.
    • Like x 6
  17. chmegma Well-Known Player

"Remander

Not going to get a toggle for this, just like there won't be an opt out for the census data. "

the last i saw, an option was still on the table. has mepps said anything different?
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

This is what they're talking about:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...n-pc-test-game-update-43.227834/#post-2930833
    • Like x 2
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I started reading this thread.

Sadly I found the same circular arguments about CR not being visible and opting out of the census data.

Well....I guess that serves me right for expecting a new and constructive topic of conversation in Gotham :(
    • Like x 5
  20. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

• Like x 1