Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Hero Alpha Well-Known Player

You can queue for the instance that has always been good enough for me. I see people asking for way higher than needed CR all the time and not letting people join teams. If someone hears I am a celestial "battle healer" they automatically think I suck even though I can heal anything in the game well. So I do understand why people would want their CR hidden, it would hurt you in the long run though like someone mentioned where if you are asked to show it and don't, kick.
    • Like x 1
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Agreed 100%. People made it sound like the app abuse was running rampant and I never saw it. Never saw someone say they were checking stats when forming a group, never saw any smack talk in shout or LFG, etc...

After a week, people will forget it even changed. If you don't meet the requirements of someone forming the group then you can get into another group or form your own. This is all much ado about nothing.
    • Like x 4
  3. eanur Well-Known Player

if a person shouts for someone 106+ for a raid and you join and it shows your 105 then all the negativity aimed at you is of your own doing. It does not matter if you know you can do it quite easily he asked for 106+ not 105+. Likewise if it shows you are 106+ and then the group is still being negative towards you its either you are doing something wrong or the raid leader has a problem with you he should not have you have the cr he asked for he should put up with what he has.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

The only problem with this is the "equipped combat rating" will not be accurate stat wise for players that have Prefabs. Essentially a player can be full 97 gear with expert VI prefab mods and very high stats, yet a player in full 95 gear in V mods with much weaker stats can have a higher combat rating.

Prefab mods need to add to the "Equipped Combat Rating" if they already don't. No reason I should have stats of a cr111, yet have an actual cr of 104. I mean, the top prefab mods cost 5,000 MoV, that takes forever to earn, let them have some use. If you make it so prefab mods don't affect equipped CR, even more people will stop PvPing.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

At least you've tried, and I tip my hat to you for doing so. I'm talking about the people who don't even bother trying to teach.

However, running across the occasional stubborn person doesn't mean you should stop trying to teach if the opportunity presents itself.
  6. chmegma Well-Known Player

"Mepps

We do think the positives here far outweigh the negatives, which have already been discussed at length in the app-releated threads. Right off the bat, with being able to see *equipped* combat rating, you and others will be able to track how you're doing in your off-role and remind people they've got their PvP gear equipped when they drop into an instance (or vice versa). "

that is all well and good for those that wish to use this.

you need to ask yourselves this business question:

how many people will stop giving you money if you add an option

vs.

how many people will stop giving you money if there is not an option.

i can only speak for me, but i know that i will not continue to support you if there is not an option to opt out

again just my thoughts, but i cannot imagine people quitting if you do give this option.

it hurts nobody to let those of us who do not like this to opt out
    • Like x 1
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

DONT get me wrong but if you don't want to show your CR , that means ur been pugging group and Lieing about ur CR...... THIS IS THE BEST FEATURE IN THE GAME . Now we all can see players truth and no one can lie or denie about their cr anymore
    • Like x 5
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Be sure to vote with your wallet then.... I'm voting with mine by continuing to subscribe through these changes because I think they're a long time coming. I'm fine with it being there and asked my league about it and every single person said "took them long enough".... I agree with them 100%. The number 30 by my name has been useless since I could join a raid. At least the CR number will change and be a more accurate reflection of my toon. Also it being the equipped CR is good because I may be 110CR in tank stance, but I'm definitely not close to that in DPS stance.

Even if there was an "opt out" you would still get looked over by the guy making the group asking for 108+ players. If a guy is that worried about stats to request a 108+ group only, do you think you'll have a better change getting into it at 107CR or at ____CR ??? If anyone is that hell bent on stats, they're not going to take along someone who has opted out. Eventually they'll likely see "whoa, a 104CR toon just smoked some 108CR toons" and then next time he won't be so dead set about the CR requirement.
    • Like x 3
  9. Stark23 Committed Player

Drop in the bucket.
    • Like x 1
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Almost the same experience with any of the people I chatted with about this. Then again the majority of the people I play with understand the importance of CR as a guide not a definitive measurement.

Most of our league runs there's a flexibility in the roles. If we wipe we look at who might change roles to better add to the chance of success not just wildly kick people left and right. I've been a long requester of Equipped CR for this reason. Now I never suggested that it had to be public but the fact that it is seems superfluous to me given the ability to see this sort of information via the API and even more so before by way of inspecting.

At the end of the day I think a lot of this will level out as people get more and more clear on the idea that they didn't need someone at CR 106 to beat a T5 raid because they'll actually see the composition of the group not what they report to be.

As always though there will always be people who use this number to exclude others, but really these are the sort of players who've been excluding and kicking since the game's launch. They've always been prone to behaving this way and the addition of a new feature or lack there of would likely have little impact on their *************.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I'm not going to get into whether this is a good thing or bad thing, because to be honest I don't really care (my theory is the population on EUPC is low enough for people to try and tolerate each other :) ). But as a theoretical compromise, would it be unreasonable to have it so you cannot be grouped with people on your ignore list? So if someone kicks you for reasons you don't agree with, you just put them on ignore and you never have to deal with them again. Its my understanding that you can currently be grouped with people on your ignore list (unless that's something that changed and I missed it). Then add walk-ins for all content and there shouldn't be an issue anymore should there?
    • Like x 1
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You can be grouped with people on your ignore list. I make frequent and liberal use of the ignore function and I've been queued a number of times with people I've ignored.
    • Like x 1
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Oh...right. I've been pugging and lying about my CR.

Hey - thanks for pointing that out! I'll stop that right now, and my opinions will magically change.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dragonlibrarian New Player

I thought this would be a thread about there being a way to see your current equipments cr, I am disappointed. It would be nice to be able to see what my offrole gears cr is.

*edit* guess it is after all lol, only read the first page before commenting.
  15. RSL New Player

i'd say none of us are paying [or playing] so that every single horrible player we come across we are obligated to teach. we're all playing a game. just because i've spent my time learning [which includes forums and web posts and videos], doesn't mean i'm required to stop playing and "teach" everyone that i come into contact with. i dislike this attitude and putting the whole blame back on experienced players for wanting to play rather than stop and "teach" someone who many times will not listen at all.
    • Like x 4
  16. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Prefab Mods are MoV purchases, not MoT/MoF purchases and therefore should have little to no effect on PvE CR, just as PvP gear is disabled in PvE content. CR is based solely on item level PvE mods have a higher item level than the Prefab Mods.
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I disagree...

I believe all players gear should be shown along with SP and CR...instead of making me inspect you, it should be given to me so I know who I am runnign with....

Here is why....

I ran breach and the DPS had the CR to run the content but did crap for damage because he had a 52 gear equipped... he died every few seconds...not sure if he was doing an experiment or accidently had his gear deleted. I had to go DPS so we could make it thorugh the instance and endedup kicking him before the first boss due to his his less than 50k in damage...

If you need better gear, run T3, T4, T5 and eventually move onto T6...

I even stated before we started that the player had the gear, they did not talk to the group...I hate kicking players but come on...don't expect not to be kicked in this instance...

First off, showing gear lets me know if it will be a fast run or a slow run...If I see all other players are like similar to my toon in 95/96 gear the content will be quick and painless....if the other players are in 85-90 gear, I know it will take a while and I may excuse myself as I may not have the time to make the run....
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To me it's one of the better ways to help the community grow, it doesn't require any extra work on the part of the dev team and it can be done a lot quicker than the dev team can act.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned a player loses any real right to seriously complain about other players not knowing anything about the game if they won't make even the slightest the effort to try and teach them.
  19. Dylan Top5 New Player

Logic though... You're telling me that I can be better geared and have better stats than another player in the raid, but the only difference is that my three digit number is lower because I used prefab mods? How is that logical for finding the best player for the job?

I get that prefab mods don't give a CR boost, but that's mostly so pvp players don't skip lower content by having access to t6 mods at a low CR. And unlike pvp gear in PVE content, prefab mods are not disabled in pve content, they still offer the same stat boost. Grinding 5,000 MoV for 1 mod takes much more time than grinding the exos for the same level mod as well.

I understand that prefab mods shouldn't factor into the players CR so they don't allow players to skip content. But "EQUIPPED" CR is a different story, they should display into equipped cr, so the raid group can identify who is best for the job.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm trying to picture the best, worst and most indifferent this could play out. I'm willing to watch it play out.
    • Like x 3