Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

New DLC is out and i'm back on DCUO (turns out I didn't lose my legendary it was just a bug) so I can't help but wonder into Gotham to keep up with whats going on, but then you get drawn in.....
    • Like x 3
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Does this also works so that i can see my tank role (off-role atm) too?
    If yes it would be really nice.
  3. Saami Loyal Player

CR. edit dont work for me some reason.
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

It will work like that. You'll be able to equip your tank set of gear and the CR you have from that gear will show up where your level is know. It's on the test server now, so it should be out before christmas.
    • Like x 3
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Sneaky people and their posts on the weekends... LOL

No stats needed, it's been said its intended, and will likely show the remaining stats and SP during inspection when the new UI comes. On top of which SOE is making their own official app, so all the current info we see will be seen just as easy by those who use stats to define who they want in their groups...

Get used to it people. I know, I know, change is scary and this hadn't been in the game from the beginning; but just like the app, it might be a little crazy the first week but then everything calms down after the "new" wears off...
    • Like x 7
  6. RSL New Player

you don't know how many people i've tried to explain mechanics to that reply "it's just a game, shut up and play" like they don't need to learn anything and it's just fine to button mash. most veterans can probably back this up. free to play brought a level of player that does not give one #$%^ about being good at this game. it's free. they have no money. mom/wife is cooking dinner so they're here to waste time.
    • Like x 2
  7. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

tbh i dont see the problem besides there are other methods of finding out peoples cr
    www.wavedox.com
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

I mean your leaguemates can see it, why cant the rest of the world. They should just change your lvl to be your CR once you reach lvl30.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sarcasm Committed Player

Bad idea I love the fact we'll see peoples CRs , okay some will get kicked some won't . I surely won't I don't care most of the time if I'm carrying someone no prob for me, but if someone ask for your CR just say it whats the problem ? Thats like asking how much health or defense you have . #Don'tChangeCRUI
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

That's whats being done if I read the GU notes correctly.
    • Like x 3
  11. guardzman New Player

To kick or not to kick seems to be a dilemma in this game . Speaking only for myself i can remember being an overweight kid and not being picked till last or picked at all sometimes. I remember reading comics and imagining myself as the hero depicted in them. The next time you are thinking of kicking maybe give someone a chance to "prove" themselves. Maybe be a hero in more ways than one in this game .
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do think the positives here far outweigh the negatives, which have already been discussed at length in the app-releated threads. Right off the bat, with being able to see *equipped* combat rating, you and others will be able to track how you're doing in your off-role and remind people they've got their PvP gear equipped when they drop into an instance (or vice versa).
    • Like x 13
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

sadly I went into a T6 with someone using a piece of PVP gear, you need to just remove the gear and sent it to the bank whenever you enter an instance so people will finally understand you can't use PVP gear in PVE instances.
    • Like x 1
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

I still believe things should have a minimum CR requirement, and now a minimum ECR suggestion, right under the dominance part.
    • Like x 1
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

the devs should not need to babysit players who can't learn the basics,pvp gear in pve not working is old news and the game tells you you have pvp gear on and it will be disabled as you enter so its not the devs fault people are too stupid to read
    • Like x 3
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The game tells me I have PvP gear on when I enter the Watchtower even though I'm not wearing any. The notifications are a bit haphazard at best...
    • Like x 4
  17. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

You say "Right off the bat" as if that positive is game-changing. Is there anything else that will justify giving such a potentially negative tool to the community?
    • Like x 2
  18. eanur Well-Known Player

It will only be 'potentially negative' if you treat it like its 'potentially negative'. If you don't give people reason to negative at you about your cr then people wont be negative. And if you feel people are doing so then leave the group or if you made the group kick the person who is being negative towards you.
    • Like x 3
  19. Kal~el Committed Player

Like you said the devs gave then access which means they helped create it. I do not know sore so I will give him the benefit of the doubt he did not intend for it to be used this way. However, how could he or the devs not see that is what would happen? Especially with all the threads about seeing other players stats and people saying they would use thus to kick people.

A little short sided on their part.
    • Like x 1
  20. Stark23 Committed Player

Here we go again, huge uproar about the apps and everything calms down when the new wears off. Those apps have not impacted me one bit, and I have a feeling this is the majority. Although none of the naysayers would ever admit, it's probably the same for them.

It's a good addition to the game.
    • Like x 5