Equipped combat rating needs a toggle option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rival exe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

To be honest, I no longer care too much about the data being available - not because I haven't seen any misuse, but because lag and time issues mean I'm not in a position to raid...thereby making it a non-issue from my perspective. I can't be APId and kicked if I'm not attempting to join groups.

Anyway, this whole thing was handled badly from the start, and at this point I probably shouldn't be too surprised by the lack of a final response from a green name.

A green name saying "We have considered the arugments from both sides and have reached a decision. Stats will be visible via the API and in-game (Soon tm), and there will be no opt out developed" would do it for me....although a final word on the inclusion / exclusion of the more contensious play-time data would also be appreciated.

Once something like that happend, most of us would happily put this issue behind us and move forward (be it to other games, or continuing with DCUO).

Although this issue would probably be added to the regular schedule of posts...probably somewhere between the "increase the cash-cap" and "DCUO is dying" threads.
    • Like x 1
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

That is what it'll do as well from what I can see. It'll be shown what is currently equipped, so if you're in troll stance it'll show troll cr, if you're in dps stance it'll show dps cr, if you're in PvP gear it'll show PvP CR, etc...
    • Like x 1
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Have you tried the new content? So far it's been all smooth sailing for me.... Sorry to hear you're having those issues. I only really get to run stuff on Friday and Saturday nights myself since I have no time to play during the week very often.
    • Like x 1
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Have done the duos and challenge...had a crack at the alerts, but that didn't go well, but that was due to the group make-up and inexperience with the new content more than anything.

Anyway, a small baby means my game-time is variable - and there's no way in hell I'd put somebody else's enjoyment at risk because I may need to afk to change a nappy or something (not to mention the horrible lag I get on a semi-regular basis in raid instances).

Still...I'll get there eventually :D
    • Like x 3
  5. rival exe New Player

That can already happen without the need to display CR and I've seen it. Players don't care though, not for the lack of CR display but because they're ignorant. But it looks like devs support the ignorance.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking into several things that might improve the kicking situation outside of keeping players ignorant and guessing, and this has been discussed. I can't weigh in yet on what's possible there, but we appreciate the feedback.
    • Like x 3
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Can people stop complaining about seeing stats in a video game? I love DCUO so, ITS A VIDEO GAME!

When the game starts displaying your SSN, real name, address, phone number, date of birth, weight, height, sexual orientation and skin color, then come talk to me. Until then, they're meaningless numbers in a video game that SHOULD be displayed.
    • Like x 8
  8. akaivy Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

This could be said about a lot of things here on this forum. ;)
    • Like x 4
  10. Unrevoke New Player

Ok, so on test, I took out all my synthetic VI mods and replaced them with VI EXPERT mods. I GAINED about 300 precision, but my combat rating went down to 105 from 111. So to recap, I lost 6 cr while also gaining 300 precision and nothing else changing besides that. My character became more fitted for the raid, yet in the eyes of everyone else, I'm "undergeared" due to the simple number besides my name.

My actual CR was still 111 so i was able to run the new T6.5 content. If I joined a raid, I would for sure get kicked by every unknowing player that saw that my CR is 105.

My solution: Allow prefab mods to affect equipped CR but not actual cr. This will still not allow players to skip tiers with prefab mods, since entering content is based off actual CR and not equipped CR. Just allow Prefabs to reflect to the group actual CR . This will show the group a better estimate on REAL stats. Like I said, no reason that I should gain 300 precision, but go down by 6CRs.

Please give this some thought before releasing this feature
    • Like x 1
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Thanks for keeping us updated.
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I like the fact you cannot kick someone immediately, you have to wait a few minutes. But you can excuse yourself immediately if you are not in combat...
  13. EP Ice Loyal Player

Unless something has changed your CR will stay the same even if you deleted all of your gear. The devs implemented this a while ago after people "mistakenly" kept deleting gear. Again, unless something has changed your CR will remain the same.
  14. Jamie New Player

You are talking about something else. The new display will show the Cr of the gear you are wearing, not what you have achieved. If you remove all of your armor I believe the system will simply show level 30. It may show a Cr of 0 though. The new display is dynamic as it is only based upon what you currently have on.
    • Like x 1
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

Ahhh, I see. Thank you for the info on this.
  16. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Prefab mods were designed for PvP gear and that is why their item level is the way it is. If they affected your ECR, they could affect your CR, because CR is based on the CR of your best gear. If you're so worried about this, get normal expert mods and put them in your gear. Honestly, I think it would be best if Prefab mods didn't affect PvE stats at all.
    • Like x 2
  17. Unrevoke New Player

But that's not the issue at hand, you're going off topic. The issue is that a person with better gear and mods shouldn't have a lower equipped CR. Not allowing prefab mods in PVE gear is a different discussion altogether. The fact is, they are allowed.

Prefab mods shouldn't affect actual CR for getting into content. But they should reflect in equipped CR since the whole point of equipped cr is to show the group who is best geared for their role.

And Equipped CR and actual CR are not the same number or do the same thing. That's the reason I was able to run WOTL2 content on test server with equipped cr of 104, but actual cr of 111.
  18. Solmes202 Loyal Player

While I agree with you, the DEVS , and many players do not. This is a fait accompli and there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do about it
  19. Franew New Player

I agree. It's a choice that many of us appreciate and many others don't understand. However, to that end, many of those who appreciate a choice find it difficult to understand why there is even a debate. It's a vicious cyclical thing. Rawrr. I personally can conceive of no reason why we shouldn't have that choice. It isn't a statement that it's wrong to display the CR, no developer angst. It's merely to ask for the choice to display or not display, just like one has for titles or gear/clothes. There are many and varied reasons why one would want the choice to toggle it off and on. It doesn't hurt anyone to do so, so why not simply add that element of nothingness back as a choice? It makes the game less enjoyable for me...why exclude those of us who feel this way? These are rhetorical questions, by the way...