Dev Discussion Episode 39: Convergence of Unmaking (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Convergence of Unmaking Raid.

Please leave any feedback, issues, or bugs you find. When leaving feedback please note which difficulty you were in.

-Millbarge

Known Issues:
    • The Feat "You're a True Gem" can not be completed at this time. This should be resolved in the next hotfix.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How are you supposed to avoid being pushed off by Mordru? Blocking does nothing. Bit of a tangent, but why do we even have a block button anymore? Every other attack is programmed to ignore it these days.
  3. ACLife Active Player

Can we have a forward advanced portal to the last boss?
    • Like x 4
  4. Yaiba Committed Player

Mordu can push you out of the map, it happened to me twice.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

First of all good job with the Elite raid especially due to covid with lock-down and limited ressources.

This elite raid has been already solo tanked (all 3 bosses) with wonderverse stats 320ish cr and no augments, and beaten by multiple groups.

Overall this elite raid is mainly about the groups movement (excluding the tank since hes immune to many one shots so its easyier) but especially as ice Tank its very easy id say. So it is difficult for DPS , heals and trolls thats why most people will struggle to pass these bosses.

But i hope for future elite raids we can see maybe something like the raid Paradox wave had where we can pick the difficulty (get all side bosses out at once) we want and get increased rewards for doing so because you can see that it takes alot of groups just a few trys to finish the hardest content with previous dlc gear in less then a few hours after the DLC got released on live servers. And most people wouldnt be able to finish it ,because it is difficult i dont think its easy designed by the way. But i hope what i said there with a similar system like paradox wave had to satisfy the ones who are really looking for a bigger challenge since players could decide how many Bosses / difficulty they want and also keep people interested further in the endgame content.

The first boss fight is really good overall it does put pressure on the support rolls if its solo tanked its a good difficulty (with wonderverse stats) And the emerald eyes are a good difficulty and will be fairly easy once people gear up and it will be even easyier for Tanks with higher cr. Like i said the emerald eyes and the trigon boss are both solo tankable with around cr 320.
    This boss fight is difficult for the DPS,heals,troll since they have to dodge the fireball and be carefull about the Tentacles so good job with the difficulty for DPS,heal and troll but i think they should have maybe abit more time to react before the fireball hits them. the Tanking difficulty is fine here good job with that on the first boss.

The second boss is the fight that needs more difficulty for the Tank its too easy in my opinion,Maybe add the emerald eyes from the first boss into that fight.
    But very good difficulty for DPS ,heals,trolls.

The last boss also too easy for the Tank again its all solo tankable with previous (wonderverse) DLC gear.
    For DPS,heals,trolls its a good difficulty this elite raid and it ofcourse should not get harder for them.

One thing i wanna say is that overall in elite raids you guys do a very good job in making elite raids difficult for DPS,heals and trolls i hope this could be applied more to the Tank or Tanks aswell. People mostly just use 1 tank for elite raids since the threat for the Tank isnt large enough. I think theres almost no Elite raid that needs more then 1 Tank. I cant remember the last boss fight where 2 Tanks were needed False idols elite first and second boss is probably the only one from the last few years where 2 Tanks were needed and i hope we can see some changes in this topic aswell.
    Thanks for Reading.
  6. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Brick hopping or jumping isn't my thing. I already dislike this raid like South Gotham maybe i am not seeing the first brick. Perhaps Mepps can pull me aside to let me practice brick hopping because i am just confused about this raid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

For whatever reason, 2 people (that I know of) in my group did not receive loot/renown from last boss. One was down, and one was still alive in the boss room when we finished and got the loot. They are not loot locked from it either.
  8. DamageControlPS Active Player

Can’t believe you released the worst elite raid up to date? What happened to challenge this raid is literally a cake walk. Unless there a significant buff there will be no one playing in 2 weeks time.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I can't stand that hopping bit either. My little "hop" barely makes it, and then I fell through. Best part is, I didn't die, I was alive "underneath" the boss fight.

I hate the hopping. hate hate hate it.
  10. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

+1000. Fell down during the "platforming" bit and couldn't get back in time for the last boss.
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I wouldnt say worst but I agree that its wayyy too easy especially as Tank. But they had some issues due to lock-down i also hope they will buff the whole elite raid to make this raid more of a challenge rather then another speedrun for the next few months especially given the fact that it is the only Elite raid of this episode. The mechanics are fine but their damage output should be much higher considering our previous dlc gear and the fact that all 3 bosses are solo tankable.They should do it so hard for the Tanks that 2 are needed and add some mechanics for the Tanks on each boss fight but the difficulty for the DPS troll and heals is fine id say.
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Every dlc we have to ask for the same things....lol! Yes please do this as people will not get loot if they res and have to take that long journey back and the group beats it..
  13. zNot Loyal Player

In The Elite raid the first boss fight the emerald eyes should have much more hp this alone will make the raid more difficult because the emerald eyes die too quickly in Elite please fix this. I hope this can be adjusted. Overall the first boss fight is probably the one that got a good difficulty but trigon also dies fairly quick the longer the fight goes the higher the chance of someone dying so increasing the hp of trigon and the emerald eyes should be a simple fix.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There is no way to get the tankless buff in raids, so the “primary attack” from the Giant Shadow Gol-oops, I mean Shadow Of Trigon is a barely telegraphed instant kill. Just as lame as it is from the other two bosses with that exact same attack. Keep it that way in elite if you like, but normal should be a little bit more forgiving in my opinion.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To me this is the bigger reason. Although I'm sure some people can fall (not sure how though....it's like 4 jumps), the fact people will NOT flee (this is more for Event though) for fear of missing loot is a bigger issue.

BTW...this should be the same for these new OW bounties. The teleporter point closest to the fight should be the nearest rally point. If you flee you should not need to then double teleporter hop to get back to the fight...it encourages 'taking a knee' when knocked out.
    • Like x 1
  16. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Please im begging.
  17. Millbarge Developer

Rally Points have been updated - they should have unlocked as you progress through the instance. This should now be resolved (in the next patch)

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  18. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Finished the new raid last night, dc'd. When I got back on the mission for completing open world, alert, and raid reverted to needing the raid, and my gear from that mission was gone as well as the catalyst for the op item that dropped for me. Don't think I even got to keep my currency earned either, but not sure.
    • Like x 1
  19. Stranger Well-Known Player

This whole raid (elite) is a completely mess...

Trigon
    The "fire balls" he throws are totally random, rarely time to react. Plus if adds are there, you can't see the fireballs either
    Everything else here seems fine.

Eye
    EVERY Attack here has a reaction time for like 1 second (depends on where the attack starts at)
    Eye kills players through wall (when they stand outside)

Mordru
    Didnt see much from him yet. We had 1 try, and i mostly just saw the pushback-mechanic
    2nd try the "bridge" disappeared. We had no chance to re-fight
    The whole group got kicked out of the GAME (not the raid!) when bridge disappeared. (like 10min later)
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Raid looks really nice, and I did kinda enjoy the Trigon boss fight to some degree.

However.

This raid really, REALLY needed another week on test. One week to test an elite raid is just not long enough.

List of bugs I encountered today in the elite version, mostly nearer to last boss but not exclusively:

1. Sometimes when I died I couldn't be rallied, I would just die and that be it. No way of someone picking me up (this would the the first death in a boss fight in elite). - If need I will send an unlisted video showing this.
    2. If you switch armoury (especially near lb) you will be naked as a style. Not only this, but if you don't relog after this there is a good chance during Mordru fight that the game will crash. Many players in the group disconnected during this run and I suspect we weren't the only group having this issue by a long shot, I know several friend groups who have been kicked from the instance altogether. A lot of time in the run (especially near last boss) was players disconnecting or crashing from the instance, then re-inviting them back to try last boss again and hope no-one crash or dc. Its bordering on unplayable.

I really hope going forward (when or if we get to Episode 40) that elite raids get a bit more time on test, 2 weeks minimum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.