Dev Discussion Episode 39: Convergence of Unmaking (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The shadow curse mechanic functions correctly but eurgh, really? Another 4 months of being killed by schmuckheads who probably have to be told in real life that their shoelaces have come undone? Thanks. I can’t wait to be added to more ignore lists. Keep this stuff in elite if you want but I’d really rather it stays there.
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Some more Feedback/Bugs
    In the Eye of Ekron fight, the cut-scene in mid-fight is really really really annoying. It's nonsense too.
    I mean, the boss fight doesnt actually change after cut-scene (beside MC)
    But you can do it here as in 3rd phase (30% health). (Disappears for 1sec)

Mordru
    - The platforms are really really buggy. (you fall through them sometimes, bcs some visible grafics are not real)
    - The main platform, where the boss fight is, is sometimes broken, before the boss even starts.
    - Mordru begins the fight once he is visible. No time to explain tactics.
    - You're getting thrown down VERY often, even if you're as close as possible to Mordru, are you forcing us to level augments to level 23? The adaptive augments used to be a help against beating bosses. But being forced to level them (like at grail) is just bad...
    - And ofc the "naked" form, but i guess thats well known

Edit:
    Eye of Ekron's Laser is "invisible" sometimes (very often)
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

(Elite)

First fight

What Could use a Buff

-Trigons ball throw should be randomized

As it stands right now as long as your moving or jumping up and down the ball is extremely not likely to target you. The ball targets the person most stationary and ignores players moving around. (To easy) to manipulate and bypass. Making the ball shot random brings a little more challenge to the fight.

——————-

Second fight

What Could use a buff

-The mechanics in this fight are way to easy the laser beam should be a one shot for elite (it should be mandatory players run around it)

What needs fixing

During second phase of the fight he sometimes wipes the group right off the rip There’s no time to react

—————————

Third fight

What could use a buff

-I actually like this fight I don’t have anything to point at here but what I can say is please fix the boss automatically starting the fight when nobody has attacked him
  4. Stranger Well-Known Player

The Feat "Superfluid" seems to be first attempt. (We did it at 2nd attempt, 100% done, but didnt drop the feat)
    when we ran again, we dropped it. But was 1st attempt :c
  5. DamageControlPS Active Player

It is not, we got it on like 5th attempt in the raid last night.
  6. Millbarge Developer

The following changes should now be Live.
    • Resolved an issue where the player's gear would be visibly missing following an armory swap.
    • Resolved a case where an intermittent disconnect could occur during or following the Modru fight.
    • Mordru's Wild Magic Curse no longer has an effect on Player Pets.
    • Mordru's Devouring Orbs should now keep players in place.
    • Eye of Ekron should no longer perform Gaze of Ekron after a reset.
    • (Elite) Boss damage have been adjusted up slightly.
    • (Elite) Eye of Ekron will now use more Gaze of Ekron locations.
    • Fixed some combat log reporting for Emerald Empress during the Emerald Eye of Ekron fight.
    • Fixed an issue where some players would not get returned to Mordru's platform when falling.
    • Mordru's Abyssal Impulse should now do damage when he is giant.
    • Players should now be able to rally on platforms that are closer to where they need to be.
    You can find the complete list of changes here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-november-10-2020.312440/

-Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  7. Vicious Well-Known Player

Working on the raid now. Tons of changes. First impressions so far:

1st boss: Fight is a lot more enjoyable. Made it tougher on tanks and made it more intuitive for the others with them adding a skull alert before the fireball. Still gotta be on your toes because adds are tougher to deal with now and there's more purple flame fields.

2nd boss: Tons of bugs here. Right off the bat, there's two cutscenes in this fight and the fight starts immediately out of both cutscenes. Unless the tank reacts within a split second of the cutscene ending, people are almost guaranteed to die here. He also has an attack where he creates a big red circle and lands on it. Often times, the hitbox is bigger than the danger field here. And finally, there's a pretty big bug with his Line of Sight attack, which is often invisible. You have to be diligent to listen for it and see him spinning or it'll one shot.

Second boss also kills people a TON outside of the room. If someone dies and is sitting outside, they're almost guaranteed to die at some point. Sometimes back-to-back-to-back. First boss does this too quite a bit but its ridiculous on second boss.

Will add 3rd boss thoughts when we're on it.
  8. Vicious Well-Known Player

^ Another potential bug at second boss: the rotating cone attack he does is supposed to be blockable. 9/10 times I'll survive it (I have both head mods) but there's a few buggy instances where he'll one shot through the block.
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Thanks for listening for the feedback.

Great changes for the Elite raid, by the way i hope the feedback i gave was helpfull for the upcoming future elite raids when it comes to Tanking difficulty as i said before Dps,troll,heal difficulty is very well made and very highly skill based sometimes even too difficult :) but there was a lack of Tanking difficulty for alot of Elite raids compared to the difficulty for other rolls(tank is supposed and used to be the hardest one thats why it has such insane survivibility in this game right?) this one definetly isnt one of them due to the first boss and i hope we can see such difficulty in the next new dlc Elite Raids and beyond aswell.
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Sorry that last message was meant for you millbarge! :) i replied to the wrong person.
  11. BloodIust Active Player

So where is the note informing the tanks that adds have a delayed pull time in 1st boss very helpful smh
  12. zNot Loyal Player

It tells you before they spawn a few seconds earlier why are you complaining? Do you want them to instantly spawn when the game informs you and then you will say they spawn too quick? I dont think that you want that,i think you would probably complain about that if that was the case and if they spawn instantly.
    They tell it to you in advance which is good! Whats the issue?

People like you confuse the devs if you cant pull them its your fault not the games fault dont look for excuses.
  13. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

Why Did a tell get added to Trigons ball throw? Takes away some of the thrill of the fight

Would of been sweet to leave it as no tell for elite and a tell for regular
  14. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Any chance you have any video examples of the elite raid showing how easy it is? Probably better for the devs to see what you mean if you show them instead of just posting on here.

Glad you got it done with ease but I wouldnt just start asking for the elite raid to be buffed think of everyone and their skill levels.
  15. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

Honestly Elite feels like a nerf than a slight buff.

Some possible options

-change 1st boss and give the adds a timer to kill them off Or the adds will still start overlapping..
    -remove the tells
    -Higher health pool for adds

Idk the elite still seems easy imo
  16. BloodIust Active Player

Lol so them being immune to a pull 10 seconds after the notification is intended? Before update i would pull as soon as they spawn and they would come to me now there is a time frame after spawn that they are hitting but cant be pulled thank you ver much. Have a good day
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Why would i have to show it? To proof our „ „succes“ Theres plenty of youtube videos who do it very easy its not something special im not feeling special for doing that so dont get hurt by this its not a flex :) also im not the only one alot of feedback lines up with what im saying if you lack basic understanding of this topic you dont have to say something. The devs got great knowledge aswell and can tell if someone is speaking facts or just lies.
    As a side note to you if you havent understood it : this is supposed to be the most different content in the entire game many people dont enjoy easy stuff and the devs know that aswell.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

They are not pullable but aggroable i think they cant be stunned now thats why you cant pull them that was the point of the hotfix i assume to make them immune because you could just stun them before the hotfix and basically stop them from doing what they are supposed to do (doing damage) which made them harmless ( before the hotfix).
  19. BloodIust Active Player

We 2 tanked and i 360 pulled ontop of adds and they still hit groups so they srent aggroable until after 5 6 seconds which is annoying why change it
  20. zNot Loyal Player

We ran it 2 times and we had no issues i dont know what problem you guys had. You probably were slow which i dont get you used 2 Tanks and you get a information from the game telling you they will spawn a few seconds earlier and you still didnt manage to aggro them? See thats your fault you guys complain and look for excuses. I can show you guys a video after the hotfix where a tank is solo tanking it with just cr 320 and 2 healers how come he had no issues? And what excuse will you guys have now?

Please look at this video devs i hope this is proof enough that these people are just crying because they have no skill this tank is below! The previous dlc (wonderverse max cr is 321) cr wise and he can solo tank it so devs you can see that some people try to make this game super easy please dont take their feedback serious. They say these adjustments are for individual players which is wrong they litteraly are such low skill they cant dodge simple mechanics and then want it adjusted so they can finish it they want the game so easy so they are happy for their own individual benefit despite the fact that there is a regular version they still complain in the elite version about difficulty is there something else i need to say? Its really sad that you guys waste devs times with this and the reason i reply is because i dont want them to get manipulated by people who have litteraly no clue about the game and spend barely any time and dedication into the game and want to talk about the content which is supposed to be the hardest in the entire game.

Lets not forget the fact that openworld bountys are replacing one elite and regular Raid which means we only got 1 Elite raid so less content for skilled players and this little bit is what these no skilled people want to make easy so they can finish it please devs dont listen to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.