Dev Discussion Episode 31: Spindrift Station (8-Player Raid) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Spindrift Station Event/Raid. Feel free to post any feedback, suggestion, or issues you come across.
    I will check this thread periodically and update this post with any changes.

-Millbarge
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

What's the deal with Manta's bombs in elite? Seems impossible to get enough to prevent the one shot chain reaction.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is not impossible.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Sure seems like it. Is it possible the live build is overtuned from what you played on test?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This might prove helpful:
    From the test server patch notes:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/test-server-hotfix-march-20-2018.295282/

Be sure to have your group spread out in a wide circle when it is time to defuse the bombs.
    • Like x 4
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The puzzle room is a nightmare in a pug group there's no way to tell when people need air and nobody has a clue whats going on . Not everyone gets to spend weeks on test so there needs to be better info for this stuff .
    • Like x 6
  8. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Disappointed that this raid is just too easy. We beat it with one person being 229, the rest 228 or below. The adds are still hitting harder than the bosses.

Manta needs to be buffed all around. His attacks still aren't hitting hard enough. I like that the bombs do raid wide damage and ignore shields.

For whatever reason, the puzzle room seemed easier on Live than test. I think the Asphyxiators and Warders need to be buffed.

All of Morgwar's AoE attacks need to be buffed. I don't think he's doing enough raid wide damage.

Overall, we waited 4ish months for this new content and we beat it day one. That shouldn't happen at all with an Elite raid. We should be struggling on the first boss with gear from the last episode. There is no need to grind for better gear to make the content a bit easier because we can beat it with old gear. That's super frustrating and just upsetting.
    • Like x 4
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

Our group still couldn't get past the mines but reading the posts above I'm very willing to try again. The Threat Below is incredibly easy on elite. TTBE needs a buff all around.
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Bug report:

On the puzzle one of the players in one of the rooms completed it but at the same time as the room flooded. The group got loot but we all drowned. We couldn't progress as every time we walked into the puzzle room, even with shields, we'd automatically be one-shot. So we had to re-q and start again.

Please fix :/
    • Like x 3
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This just happened to our group as well, but slightly different (Ink Rose, villain side).

The left room was successfully completed, and right side showed successfully completed as well (both were at 90% right before that). But I'm thinking we must have failed the right room or something because the person in that room (only them) was killed and sent back to start.

Everyone got loot, the rest of us kept on our merry way until we realized the door was shut and the person couldn't get through the door. Upon inspection, the right room was now door shut, 90% again, but empty, with no way to enter, reset the puzzle, etc. We had to disband and run everything again. Well, first we wiped. Then we warped rally. Nothing changed it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The key is to have about three people disarm mines around the middle of the chain (reg mode, not elite). Tanking Manta in center is doable and makes it pretty easy for DPS to stop a sec, grab a mine and keep going. Manta hit me hard as a 221 rage tank (223 in recommended I think), but as long as you're on your toes, it's doable.

Puzzle room, I could tank adds easily. First run on hero side we used two tanks, one on each side of room, no problems (though we kept failing because people were overcharging the air tanks.)

Second run, villain side, other tank didn't feel like switching, so I easily grabbed all the adds, no probs, soloing. I'm not saying make the amount of adds overwhelming, since this is reg, but you can safely add maybe double without overdoing it for most tanks, I'd surmise.
  13. Millbarge Developer

I found the issue and am submitting a fix.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Normal version of the raid that made it to Live is much easier compared to the early Test version. In the early Test version, literally dozens of NPCs would flood the puzzle room within a minute. Now, you barely get a couple of NPCs every wave. It is much more manageable in the current iteration. You still need good communication to clear the raid though.
  15. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

SPINDRIFT WILL NOT LOAD. AT ALL. I get the loading screen & the clock-timer SHUTS DOWN. LOCKS. SOUND WILL ECHO/REPEAT until I have to completely reboot my computer. This has happened SEVEN TIMES. At least with the Visitor duo, it takes THREE tries to get it to run complete.
  16. Vagrant Committed Player

Villain side seems bugged for the mines. We have tried everything we can think of. Disarming multiple bombs next to each-other in a row up to 5, bombs apart from eachother. Is there something I am missing? Still kills us every time unless we hide behind pillars which seems like an exploit.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You don't need to disarm them in a row. You have to prevent a row of five. So everyone needs to spread out and grab a bomb apart from each other.

Let's say there are 20 bombs total. You'd have to go 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - Disarm - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - Disarm, and so on.
    • Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I can't believe this raid made it to live with the amount of glitches the puzzle room has.

Successfully completed the room, got loot, one guy in the room died and couldn't make it past the door. Wiped. None of us got past the door.

Disband, queue again. Fight through first boss with no loot (loot-locked of course) successfully complete the room (plenty of time left, plenty of oxygen, talking in voice chat, swapping in tanks at 30%, perfect run, get the cutscene, and.... it kills us all and tells us we failed, even though we didn't fail and the text at the bottom confirms 100% completion for both rooms.

No one gets loot except one guy from one of the rooms. Walk back, happy because the door is still open! We can keep going to last boss right?! Wrong. You walk inside and get insta-killed. Disband again, call it a night. Waste of time. Big fail.

Raid is nice however. But I can assure you the company doesn't have many friends tonight, lol.
    • Like x 2
  19. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

It's not bugged. Shark Dental is correct, except you want to prevent rows of 3 mines as much as possible.
    • Like x 2
  20. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Technically both correct just depends on which version you're running. With normal / pug I guess it means room for a couple slackers :p.

"Manta's Mines now create Raid-Wide Damage after 5 in a row detonate (Normal Mode) or 3 in a row detonate (Elite Mode)."
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.