Dev Discussion Episode 31: Spindrift Station (8-Player Raid) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

I tend to agree with your general sentiment.

The obvious question has to be asked as well.

If they want the raid buffed so it's "mega face melting, cannot be beaten by anyone but the 1%" what do they think is going to happen to the structure of the game?

The reason these people are so disconnected is because they don't seem the realise elite content is a carrot/cash cow for more than just the 1% and until that is realised they aren't going to be happy.

The developers are making money off elite content, making it "face melting" is counter intuitive to their business model.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This is why we need survival or something like it, just a brutally difficult arena that gets updated with every episode with no story or progression beyond “You want your *** kicked? Enjoy!” Something like the Hercules colosseum in Kingdom Hearts, or the Monster Arena in FFX, or the battle-whatevers in Pokemon. That being said, elite raids should at the very least be comparable to the raids from the “good old days”.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

The good old days were simply different days.

The game was structured differently. When I say that I mean gear and progression.

DLCs were different let's take paradox and nexus for example.

The raids provided best gear (all rng of course) some gear was even hidden behind doing paradox in a certain manner I.e ravager when done out in the middle gave rings, oppressor gave face mask.

At the start of origin crisis there was aquaman inspired vendor gear people strove for first by running small content because by and large most people weren't running nexus without it.

The best raids remained dox and nexus.

The trigon DLC then came out but did not replace nexus and dox, it did however provide some better vendor gear to help players progress more towards nexus and dox if they hadn't already got there.

The difference we have now is that each subsequent DLC is expected to completely supercede is predecessor.

The trouble with that approach is that players see that DLC as being the window of relevancy.

Players attitudes are that they're gearing up for the current DLC and not the next DLC.

People are looking at it incorrectly because they're not seeing the progression for what it is.

They think they're gearing up the current DLC when perhaps what they should be considering is that they're actually gearing up for the next.

This approach is far more in line with the developers current gear model which offers are structured discount etc an actually encourages good players to start at elite not start at normal if they're capable of doing so.

Any alternative suggests that a player doubles their grind.

Why would you buy a full priced normal set of gear followed by a full priced of elite, that's nonsensical.

The problem with a few of the people in this thread is that they're not seeing the progression model for what it is and in fact their spamming of replays at the start of a DLC window is skewing both their experience and perception of difficulty.

You're skipping to the progression point of comfort prematurely and affecting your experience as a result.

I'm sorry Britteny but you're an example of one, you're entitled to do so (replay that is) but you also have to bear in mind what you're actually doing.

With the progression model in mind you have to consider at what point you're considering something easy and also balancing that with personal capability.

No one's asking for dirt easy elite content btw but you do have to recognise and appreciate that elite content is targeted at a spectrum of players larger than 1%.

With that being said there is going to be a segment of players at either end of spectrum not completely content.

Those who find it too easy and those that find it just that bit too hard; with the majority being in the middle ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Crew Nation......Wait, isn't that the leading league on Xbox?
    Well, I heard it's full of OP people with sticks up their butts LOL. Seriously that's what people say when they are mentioned lol it's hilarious. But no, I have a few friends in there who have their toons in my league. But back on topic, I think it's just silly to give credit to Xbox's overwhelming amount of randoms the same praise and accomplishments of a highly established league. Let's be honest, the vast majority will probably never be able to beat even the adds on the elite. The same goes for DWF ;)
  5. Brav Well-Known Player

One thing on the First Boss that I Noticed is the Bombs Tend to Glitch the Character/Screen when Trying to Defuse it. I thought it was just me but it Happened to a Couple of Others in the Group and it also Happened More than Once. It will cause a Jitter/Screen Jump which Resets the Load thus having to Move your Character and Try Again. This can be a Huge Problem, Especially in the Elite Version since you do Not have Much Time to React to the Bombs.

If Possible can you Adjust the Range Allowed for us to Recognize and Interact with the Bomb so that our Character doesn't have to be too Close/On Top of the Bomb. I think a Couple to a Few more Inches should do and Help Prevent that from Happening often. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Happy® New Player

all this argue make me laugh every time i seen it :D since time capsules release this game become only fashion game people stay on watchtower and show off materials each other and raids are just too easy becasue people on forums always crying about raidso_O but i find a solution for it play another game because dc never gonna be good again :D

i really want to see some challenge like when we finish SM r20 or any other SM highest rounds we finish world first or lot of world first hard feats we get back in days that was fun maybe you guys will thinking im show off but my purpose is definitely not to show off my point is there is no any good thing we can rage for it in game :(
    (sorry about my bad english)
  7. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So today I decided to keep company with Mera and Arthur during the first Spindrift cutscene and unfortunately I had to stay there for the whole Manta fight LOL (combat mode), well yea, pretty awkward but the balcony seems nice.
    I guess it's a bug right? :confused:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yeah, that probably shouldn’t have happened, because it puts you up there during the cutscene and then back down on the main floor when it ends so you can start the fight...
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Omg that happend to me to my poor troll lol smh but yes when I was hanging with them to and it happened to me to bud.
  10. UnderMined New Player

I didnt realize the amount of resets changed the difficulty, in-game.....I also had all of last years event done with left over spores as well as spent $50 million in game cash to buy several of the shoulder collections. Still, doesn't change how ridiculously easy content has been since DWF and especially this event, i mean episode....Adding one new raid added soooo much content, it's most likely not taking anyone months to finish this cake walk event, i mean episode.

I quit playing during AOJ so finishing this event (episode....) early now allows me to focus soley on that content to caatch up but again, I was unaware using replay badges effected difficulty.... #logic
  11. UnderMined New Player

Next episode will be the Antimonitor in January, Im betting, lmfao. #tooeasy
  12. UnderMined New Player

Disagree, how many groups would use the full 87 replays to reset the 1st and 2nd bosses only in DWF and then the exact same for DWFE?? Lasted longer on Xbox but saw a ton of groups on PC/PS doing it too. LMFAO, they still made a ton off resets and most groups werent beating it, "devoted forum player" ftw!
  13. UnderMined New Player

Mechanics arent very dfficult, regardless of the league. Players understanding of mechanics and their power is all thats needed, some take longer to figure it out than others. Yes, CN has some ignorant, selfcentered ***** but most the league is good people, shame they get tossed into a generalization because of a handful of players. There are a few established leagues on xbox and the problem isnt the elites are too hard, the problem is why take the time to learn SSE when you can just spam ttbe in 15-20 minutes with simple mechanics and with little to no reason or incentive to do much more than just tank and spank the easier, quicker raid.

Like Oly over Gom, JFA over US, Pan over Esc, Ttb over SS, and so on. It's spam the easier of the raids because why not finish 2-3 runs of one compared to just once of the other raid??
    • Like x 1
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

This thread seems to be bout hitting eachother below the belt the hardest! Let’s get back on track and care not who uses replays or is 240, or runs elite everyday. Tell them what’s wrong with the content...quit bickering! Thats why leople dont write on these things cause someone is always looking to bite off someone’s head!
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It's just about context, it's one thing to report bugs and things not working as intended, it's another to just come in and go "oh my gawd, this is too easy"; even more so when you spammed your way to full vendor gear on day one.

feedback needs perspective is all, with that in mind you may now proceed back to your regular viewing ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Yes? You get it. No one knows the mechanics. Nor seem to have any interest in learning them. It's Tank and spank quickly before the mechanics wipe everyone out. This is the underlying problem.
    • Like x 1
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It’s also why I refuse to put Sacrifice into my loadout. Ever. In TTBE: “Sacrifice is an 8-man shield, use it so we can ignore the tentacles and keep burning Aquaman!” No it isn’t. It’s a 7-man shield. That *doesn’t* shield the caster. And that *does* immediately transfer *all* aggro to the caster. There’s a *reason* it’s called ‘Sacrifice’. And I guarantee, nobody in any of those groups would rally me *or* pull the aggro away from me (if I do manage to get the timing right and cover my own backside with Blessing in time) because that would take away from their idiotic scorecard chasing in an elite instance.

This isn’t even considering the fact Celestial’s SC generator is a DPS power that’s useless to healers. Unless they fixed that in a hotfix and I missed it somehow?
    • Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Stop being so selfish. Can't you see how important it is to be #1 dps on the scorecard? They even made a whole new UI for it. Lol. Sarcasm. :D
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but this instance event version doesn't get the team buff like the other event instances do. This is especially problematic since you can't force a role queue, like normal and elite can.
    • Like x 1
  20. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.