Dev Discussion Episode 31: Spindrift Station (8-Player Raid) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. If anyone has a video, or description of how the door glitch is happening, please send me a PM. A possible fix for it should be going out with the next hotfix, but since I've only heard a report of it happening, but no detailed steps to reproduce the issue, my patch may or may not solve it.

As for the Morgwar 'Aquatic Surge' attack, in Elite mode it should be really deadly unless blocking. And if you're blocking it may still be deadly if you're low on health when he fires it off. That attack generally speaking should do more damage the larger he is as well.
    But if something is not working correctly with it, please let me know.

I appreciate the feedback and help in tracking down issues!
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You're using fortified assault and expecting extra protection while blocking. Time for a trip to the lair vendor to switch that mod to fortified blocking ;)
    • Like x 4
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

so what? a tank should survive blocking a skullattack no matter of what neck mod he is wearing if at 100% health
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps, depending entirely on overall stats. however regardless if he is trying to mitigate as much damage as possible while blocking he is using the wrong mod.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What would be the purpose of the fortified blocking mod if that were the case?

First we'd have to know what kind of tank you are, what other protections you had available, etc.

Or are you saying an ice tank should be able to survive a one-shot without any shields as long as they're blocking? Or an atomic tank should be able to survive a one-shot by blocking? A fire tank? Without fortified blocking? Rage, blocking but not attacking, without any defense buff?
  6. Ekart Committed Player

On main fortified blocking, alt assault. Wrote it wrong. :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Crisis averted :D
  8. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

if you want a challenge you and the entire group should take some of your gear off & have fun at it.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Do you think they’re going back in there at all? They got all their feats and renown while they were complaining. These requests for buffs are meant to affect everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is it intended that the iconic npcs get obliterated by Black Manta? It made sense in the Ultraman fight, but I just don’t think Manta should be able to defeat Aquaman and the Flash with just a couple of blows.
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

This post is just.. Full of logic and arguments.
    The elite raid was supposed to be for the "elite" players, yet it's just a replay spam raid like the other ones. All i can see in your post is a lot of rage from someone who couldnt beat it, if thays the case, stick to normal, if not, sorry.

I believe that even if britteny's group took pieces of gear off they would still beat it. There is simply no feeling of new gear and new episode when everything is pew pew, the devs made this episode a simple joke, even with all the feedback of the raid being too easy. If they think only the casuals matter for the game, then fine, but if content continues like this, they are going to lose really loyal players, like in the past.
    • Like x 1
  12. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

IDK about this, there's people who avoid it as it is now. If I didn't own a league I'd probably never get into spindrift normal, event or Elite. Players on the xbox just don't like it or something. It rarely ever pops for normal neither for the event. But then again, I see an awful lot of new players running around on the Xbox. Maybe everyone working on low content helping them out. Idk
    • Like x 1
  13. UnderMined New Player

People cried and whined over how hard DWF was and then again with DWFE so they start making KCT, OLY, OLYE, GOM, GOME, JFA, JFAE, US, etc. and people cry its too easy. Imo, I wish every raid was DWF hard at level. The Doomsday fight for the Superman anniversary needs to be DWF at level hard, imo. I mean you are doing the death of superman Arc, he NEEDS to be hard!!!!
  14. UnderMined New Player

I get PUG groups for SS reg all the time on xbox, it's easy. Xbox server has beaten SS elite already too (Crew Nation) and its rather pointless, imo. Since all the DWF crying the games been Wizard 101 easy. The one easier elite that takes 15-25 minutes to beat leaves no reason to go into the harder of the two except for feats which most people can wait for.
  15. UnderMined New Player

Im 240 CR already, have been for 2 or 3 days now. By far the easiest content to get BIS. Let people cry, start making end game challenging again!!!
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

fortified mod is for turtling playstyle aka fire tanking etc... for mobile tanking playstyle one is using assault, no matter of what neck mod a tank is using most skull attacks needs to be mitigated by additional blocking.

what kind of neck mod one is using should not be a requirment for surviving one skull attack
  17. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

We actually run this almost daily, so, wrong. But thanks for telling everyone how we play, because you totally know what we do every second of the day.

Secondly, I've been leaving actual feedback and bug reports. It'd be nice if the people that posted in this thread did the same, instead of leaving posts like this, which provide nothing but showing how little you actually know.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, but that's just incorrect. Simply blocking (in all the examples I provided above) does not mean you should survive skulled one-shots. If you tell me you also have a shield equipped, brick out, have aftershocked your gemstone shield to the max, have your tanking defense buff to the max, and still get knocked out, then yes, I agree, that's bad.

But if you think just blocking is some magic bullet against damage, you either haven't been tanking very long or need to do some more investigation into how your powerset works. This is elite, lol, not an alert with a healing buff. All tanking powersets have a shielding power and mechanics to either buff your defense while not blocking or barring that, the fortified blocking mod that requires no attacking to boost your defense while blocking.

What tanking powerset are you, btw? That might help give your feedback more context.
    • Like x 1
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I didnt realize your continued statements of “oh it’s so easy” was a bug report or constructive feedback. My apologies.

As for what else I know, there’s no need to make this exceedingly personal; you’ll just run to have it moderated as quickly as possible. But I think by now the development team should realize who is making them money and who isn’t.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Congratulations on using replay badges, that is the only way you can be 240 by now, so you are not the benchmark in terms of setting difficulty when you make the active decision to replay the content enough to trivialize the content for yourself by shortening months of natural progression into days.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.