Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

???
    I added up the gear costs in the screenshots above (minus the ring as it is not pictured) and a full set (again, minus rings) was 1,510. If you get 143 per week that's 10.5 weeks. I don't know the cost of a ring, but if you add them in it will bump it up to another week or two. Not sure why you think it's 20 or 28 weeks. When I say full set of vendor gear that doesn't include the 3 new OP items.

Edit: calculations slightly off as I was made aware after posting this that the hands were also not in the picture, so they are not factored into the calculation.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah I get what you mean. We'll have to wait and see what happens with other major events in between episodes too, if they include OP items. That being said, I feel like we're getting too many OP items now. Before we know it we'll have a full set of OP gear spread out between events and episodes. OP items should be something special, not things that we're getting multiples of every year, in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

So not only have they not stayed true to their word about the af3 and starro op items now this grind is astronomical. And imagine if you don't want to play the same old crap content everyday and you fall behind. This dlc has the vibe of a year long dlc. Gives them time to finish the revamp I guess but after the past year of minimal content which lacked any real substance to get another filler dlc with the same grind is going to be the nail in the coffin for dcuo. I don't see how it can withstand the massive drop in active players this dlc will bring about.
    • Like x 6
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

I never agree with this guy but he is spot on. Way too many op items. Never thought I'd say that but there should be 1 per dlc and that's it. We just had 3, yeah 3, in a limited time event. Only for us to turn right around and have to replace them. Crazy. Just crazy.
    • Like x 6
  5. Proxystar #Perception

ok let's use your figure. 129 per week

Head 170
    Shoulders 155
    Chest 185
    Back 125
    Hands 95
    Waist 110
    Legs 185
    Boots 95
    Weapon 200
    Trinket 80
    Ring 60

Total 1,460

Omnipotence Collections

Craddocks Ectoplasm 575
    War Wheel Schematics 720
    Time Machine Blueprints 435

Total 1,730

Other Styles attributed towards feats (compulsory really)

Allied Soldier Helmet 350
    Stormtrooper's Helmet 300
    Stormtrooper's Air-purifying Helmet 250

Total 900

Total Grind 4,090
    4,090 / 129 = 31.7 weeks
    31.7 / 4 = 7.9 months.

edit: Correct math
    4,090 / 143 = 28.6 weeks
    28.6 /4 = 7.15 months...

it's time for the misinformation to stop Jafin, this is a ridiculous, what it indicates to me is we're not getting a DLC for another 8 months and as a paying subscriber that prospect is atrocious!

now granted, one of those collections might be just a style, but this is the exact poor communication problems we've been complaining about for a long time continually repeating themselves.

and I'm not even counting the extra grind if you don't have OP gear to skip.
    • Like x 12
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I counted the OP items an there was 3 or 2 not on test atm the Helmet an Face an the cost of those. Other then 2 outsid emissions, 2 alerts an 2 raids it's not enough to keep doing it every single day in an day out it gets boring fast for me anyways can't speak for anyone else. Soo about Destiny 2 :D:p
    • Like x 3
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Misinformation? I clearly said that I hadn't done the calculations myself and that Trex said we were getting 129 per week. I posted it because Maxwill said (in error, which he said after I commented) that we were getting 143 per month. I was attempting to correct misinformation. Jeez louise.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

above post recalculated using this math too
    4,090 / 143 = 28.6 weeks
    28.6 /4 = 7.15 months...
    right cause it's so much better
    This is still a sick joke and tbh it's the price we're paying in my view now for "best gear in vendor".

There's no glass half full with this nonsense.
    • Like x 11
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I honestly don't know why you're coming for me. I clearly said that I am also of the opinion that prices should be lowered. I never said anything to even indicate "oh these prices are fine guys, stop whining." Get a grip.
    • Like x 1
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OK The Time is NOW for the Community to take a Stand and tell the Devs These Vender Prices are Overly Inflated, They MUST be Reduced
    8 Months of grinding this content with no replays to complete the sets..NOO.
    • Like x 13
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Cost/Benefit?
    That's the big question.
    What is your breaking point at which you say Blue/Purple Gear is just fine?
    I can't see running this on a bunch or even a couple of Alts.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Because you're making comments like these; acting like this isn't "as bad as it looks" it really is as bad as it looks -

these prices are ridiculous and you know what I think they're staying this way, they weren't altered last time I have zero confidence they'll be altered this time either - very disappointing.
    • Like x 6
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Yep :)

And yep :)

If we'll wear the previous op item it will lower our cr therefor less damage out and more damage in.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm sorry that your perception of my comments was incorrect.
    • Like x 4
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah what should I say that I was planning to run the dailies and weeklies on 4 or 5 characters...
  16. SilkyPawz Bunny

That is so true nothing will change didn't with AF3 an doubt with this new content no matter how much people protest, because people who want to level ASAP an use replays to get that ugly GCPD style... smh
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

There's no perception here, you were sugar-coating it. I'm not out to target you, I'm just pointing out there's no sugar here, these prices are truly horrid all around.

The grind any way you look at it is 7 months just for one set of gear - that is heinous on every level, every level.

There's no silver lining here, this indicates to me there's no meaningful intention to release permanent DLC for at least 8 months or they're basically saying to us once again if you want to dual role, stick with purple or spend replays.

where's that guy that recently just said this game wasn't pay2win...
    • Like x 9
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

And I agreed that prices were too high, but of course you decided to come for me anyway because hey why not. I was laying out one fact, not intentionally sugar coating anything.

I'm not getting into any P2W nonsense here with you. This is the Episode 28 rewards thread, not the senseless bickering thread, and I have no intention of derailing it for your enjoyment. I'm sure you'll reply, go ahead, but I'm not entertaining this ridiculousness any longer.
    • Like x 3
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The other thing is, how are we expected to stick with this DLC day in day out for just over 7 months running just the same content over and over - how is that at all "engaging" this is why this "sporadic, indeterminate" dlc isn't going to work - we need to go back to 3 monthly DLC and drop this time limited event stuff.
    • Like x 4
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The screenshots don't have gloves either. I'm going to go check right now for the total for the gear set (the pieces that grant the feat for half price).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.