Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Good catch, I didn't realise the hands weren't there. Thanks!
  2. Proxystar #Perception

This is a direct conversation about rewards and so were my posts and replies to you. I'm allowed to discuss it and participate in this discussion and reply to anyone's posts as much as the next person.

This is no personal attack on you. I was replying to what you were saying in your posts - if that was misinterpreted based on the way you chose to word things" then I apologise, but I can only provide feedback based on the words you choose to use ;)
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed. And it shouldnt take 12 weeks to get OP items either. Im just gonna state what i see with all of this. Its a dlc thats equivalent to quarterly dlcs but the gear cost is inflated to stretch it to a 6 month+ dlc. But there isnt enough content for it to be 6 months+. Replay badges get devalued with this too because now ya need more to replay more.
    • Like x 5
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I cant disagree with ya here. Perfect example of be careful what ya ask/wish for ;)
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

That's exactly it, you can't create 'quality content' by artifically trying to increase its longevity by pushing out the grind - because what they're asking us to do is grind this same stuff out day in day out for 7-8 months, when it's only a few instances.

It's like the new events, pushing us further and further into "replay badge use" just to finish within a reasonable time - our subscription truly just doesn't feel appreciated or enough any more...
    • Like x 10
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea my bad. Whats also not included is the 3 helmet styles. Which are 250, 300, and 350 marks. Collect all 3 is tied to a feat. The lowest one can be gotten thru the open world collection tho. But its still another 650 marks.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I understand wanting content to have longevity but that's just way out of line.
    • Like x 6
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

There was so much on the vendor and i ran into some pc problems when taking pics. Had to deal with that and forgot to include everything. Gonna hop back on test now and try and get 1 or 2 better ones. Btw it does look like the 2nd least expensive OP item is shoulders.

Plus like i said the 1 helmet can be gotten thru the collection. Not sure if there is an alternative way to get the 2 others.
    • Like x 2
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

It's not very often that we are the regular forum members all agree on something. But there's no justification for this. Even the Super great guy is unwilling to chime in atm.
    • Like x 10
  10. Proxystar #Perception

If you're talking about the collections they're all using the same existing "shoulder icon" which is also a "collection piece icon" from the recent starro event.
  11. xD25x Dedicated Player

See this is what the players asked for. Best gear in vendor. Exuberant prices. Longer lasting dlc's. Crazy grind. No more monthly dlc's. A dlc that lasts a year.
    • Like x 5
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok so pics that have hands and rings. The 3 helmets. And the plans.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Maybe it isnt shoulders then. My bad. Guess we gotta wait and see.

I hadnt even thought of the grind i would personally need to do with my 6 toons. Running 6 toons through this for 6 months or longer? Dcuo isnt my job and should never feel that way.

Looks like OP items are waist back and head. https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/867432993060728832 Credit maxwill here on the forums with the link. Thanks buddy :)
    • Like x 4
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

It's starting to feel like a job :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's so funny that I have some headphones on and the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" is playing. But not even that is enough to calm me down here, lol. 350 bonds for a single style is totally outrageous. Unless that's actually a collection piece for the world's most incredible aura that features Ambush bug floating around you with a halo or something, lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

You mean bonus currency month, I hope because that's crazy
    • Like x 4
  17. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

It's been like that since AF3, I mean the starro event was quite a grind too.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Correction on this. The helmet u get thru the open world collection does not count toward the feat for getting these 3 helmets. So to finish off this feat ya need all 3 from the vendor which is a total of 900 marks.
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Those prices need to be adjusted or they need to do a livestream/four post explaining why the prices have been increased so much . It look to me that given the increase over the AF3 prices this will more then likely be the only dlc/episode this year.
    • Like x 2
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

This ^
    It's really about time we get out of the system where the longevity is obtained by extreme grind
    The longevity should be based on engaging content, and difficult content.

We definitely need to go back to a DLC every 3-4 months not this.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.