Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

So here are the 3 different helmets from the vendor. They look very similar. And look very similar to the gas mask+combat helmet we already have in game.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The stormtrooper respirator helmet is the one from the open world collection.
    • Like x 2
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'm sorry but for the amount of time needed to get them the could of done a better job on the styles.
    • Like x 7
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Don't apologize...you are spot on.
    • Like x 8
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

Nothing rewarded here is worth the grind to me but like everyone else i'll need to do it to progress my main , I agree 100% with all the guys here regarding the rewards and the grind associated with it giving a false perception of content longevity.

EDIT: Just looking at the fact it will take 7 months to get a full set , if that truely means no DLC for that period of time , a lot of people are gonna walk , especially when the DLC is sub standard in content amount for that time and won't have a 7 moth life span before we get fed up of it.

I am all for a grind in an mmo but holy **** this is absurd.
    • Like x 6
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

1114 for the 8 armor pieces for the feat, which means a hair short of 8 weeks to finish that. If you don't care about max CR, you might end up just going for that and keeping purples for the rest. But, lol, surprise surprise, purples are only worth 173 this time. I bet Time Capsule gear will be 174 though.
    • Like x 2
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

If that happens im getting TC gear for my alts. Will grind a set of vendor on my main and unlock the style feat and buy vendor gear at half off on my alts.

I really really hope the vendor gear stuff is a bug tho. I cant see how it will make sense. Cause we know after this dlc its another large event. So grind this dlc for 6 months to then be clamped? What? :confused:

I think many of us would be fine with a much longer grind if there was enough content. But dailies and 2 alerts and 2 weekly raids is just not enough. Remember when AF3 vendor costs were revealed? Some were unhappy and others concerned. But at around 3-4 month mark most people i know were very bored with that content. The repetitiveness of the content has to factor in. So i cannot understand why the same model would be used but pushed even further.

I also question the timing on this if it itsnt a bug. Holiday weekend and most are off work til tuesday. Idk if the dev team is. But then the dlc goes live on thursday. Doesnt leave a whole lot of time for changing anything does it. But i want to hear an explanation before i make a judgement.
    • Like x 3
  7. marsologe New Player

Wow, just wow with these prices... This isn't fun, it looks more like a chore.
    The devs really need to reconsider the prices.
    • Like x 4
  8. IamINC Dedicated Player

Really hope this gets clarified one way or the other ASAP , i'll probably follow the same routine you in regards to alts because if this is the price I wanna know why it's so dam high and what the thinking behind it is and i'd ask that it is seriously reconsidered ,even more so when you consider the modding process for this tier as well.

I like the overall look of the DLC aesthetically , it looks real nice but , I know i'll be bored around the 3-4th month mark of grinding especially with being clamped so often going forward as you touched on. Makes no sense to me :mad:
    • Like x 3
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

K, so actually it looks like the helmet on the vendor is not the same as the one from the collection. I'm too tired to post screenshots right now, so you'll just have to imagine the difference in your head.

Vendor: Stormtrooper's Air-Purifying Helmet
    Collection: Stormtrooper's Respirator

Difference? The respirator has a longer tube out the front, lol. That's it.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I got to 3 months, finished the style feat, and just basically shut down. I started grinding seasonals on alts for money to buy TC stuff instead, lol. It seemed more rewarding. I still haven't finished the Olympian make 12 generator mods feat because I can't bring myself to run UT or the open world stuff anymore. I'm just running the raids once a week and that's it. I can't stand it.

And this DLC has me even less excited because for some reason I don't feel like I'm even playing DC. Not sure why, but it's like you don't really see any superheroes around you that you recognize, lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i did expect prices be higher... by around 10% maybe o_O:mad::eek:
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

does that mean that the blue gear has the new style this time? thats AWESOME!
    considering how rare the purple gear was, however: could they not be both be new?
  13. Perdition Committed Player

these prices has gone through the roof.. even a helmstyle will cost you 350 marks.. and for what? just because it has a feat lol? not even gonna discuss the pricing of the OP collections. okay u get more marks a week, true. but why did everything even the collections went up with them? do u guys really expect us to run AREA51 (and the re-used alert) and maybe the tiny new environment for 7.5 months?
    • Like x 5
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I just wonder what stuff will be in the time capsules? It's almost like they aren't even trying on stuff in the episodes any more .
    • Like x 5
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Its probably one new style in the episode one new style in the time capsule.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

is it reducing prices for all pieces for alts too?
  17. Cyro Committed Player

Honestly with this grind we better get a double coin weekend every 2 weeks. What people dont realize is that not only do we have this grind but summer event will soon be coming out so theres that and they may just make another big event like starro to make even more grind. Further more they also want us to test stats on top of THIS grind?!? If this is the case not only will i never test stats anymore due to the grind on live but i will also be dropping sub and just running this as a prem.

This - this is not ok, no...just no. Thats my feedback - no.
    • Like x 6
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

we didn't know how long AF3 would last, so grind was kinda ok at first.
    but now, we know that there will be filler content in form of timed events.
    sure, we can get more marks this time, but the grind is just to much...!
    • Like x 3
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

i am burned out just by seeing those numbers... 7 month? must be last DLC before game shuts down ...
    • Like x 8
  20. DynamiteGal Active Player

I don't normally post much on the forums. I've been playing for 6 years. But when something like this happens, I have to speak up. These prices are far to high and out of control. Plain and simple. I won't detail why because others have already done so.

But to further explain my disappointment and feeling about this DLC, continue to read this post as if hearing it from Sophia from the old TV series "Golden Girls".

Picture it. DCUO. 2017. A brand new glorious ship arrives at the dock. The Titanic. (new dlc). People come from all around to board the glorious new ship. (players) They are filled with hope, love and excitement over the new ship. The ship is full to it's maximum potential with all those boarding. The ship departs and the voyage is underway. Love, hope, and excitement still fill the air. Then suddenly, without warning or reason, the ship strikes an iceberg (high gear prices and extreme grind). The people panic. There are not enough life boats for everyone. Only select people are able to board the lifeboats. Most of them from the upper class. (those that have the means to spend replays like running water). Help isn't coming quickly or fast enough. The ship sinks. Only a few survived. Their hopes, dreams, love, and excitement all gone.

My HEART sank when I saw the vendor. Not just because of the grind. Not just because of the prices. But because the game I love has made it impossible for me to love it the way i once did. I love my characters. They are a part of me. All 11 of them. But i love my main the most. This tears my heart out. I can no longer give my most favorite of characters everything she needs. Each toon will bear a heavy load.

The load is heavy and so is my heart. Please, for the love of your players and your game, don't keep these prices this way.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.