Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Looks like time to wake up 30 mins before server restart lol.
    Seriously, though, since this is an episode I'm not worried (I thought the collection dropped from bosses, but was mistaking with the OP ones) we'll get the collection eventually.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea its not a huge thing. Im just curious to the reasoning to do a 16 piece collection cause we have never had that before. And then put it in the open world where the most players will be. It ends up being more RNG when the feeback from people has mostly been we want less RNG. But we end up getting more :confused:
    • Like x 3
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Some more base items. And the vit special forces plan. For anyone who is interested in the vit stat and new base items. I really like the stasis tube with the guy floating in it. Pretty cool.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Perdition Committed Player

Wauw, the needed materials do not justify that tiny stat increase, guess they stay with those prices then?.. baseitems look cool though.
    • Like x 3
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

So last screenshots ill be posting. Here is the stormtrooper exhaust back which ya get from the briefs in area51.
    [IMG]
    And the stormtrooper mask that took me 3.5 hours to farm. Grabbed over 500 collections in both open worlds combined before i finished it. Gotta love that RNG :confused: I dont like that the the colors are the same for the helmet and the mask. The combat helmet and gas mask we already have looks better imo because of how the colors work. Not a bad style tho.
    [IMG]
    Oh 1 last pic below. Would be cool if we had an aura like this. Ive seen some stuff in test files and really hoping the next auras have this look.
    [IMG]
    And again just posting pics of rewards nstuff for people who are interested.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thank you for running around for 3.5 hours, lol. That's some serious collection farming.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it's outside world content, if it was raids only be a lot worse.
    • Like x 2
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

The collections spawn all over the place. Both open worlds. I got down to missing 1 piece and it took 1.5 hours to get it. Sgt Rocks bandolier or something like that seems to be the rare one.

Im still confused about the other collections. There is 3, 2 are 50 pointers, 1 is a 10 pointer. I got a gold collection today from the alert and the reward icon looks like shoulders. But there is no indication these are OP items. The feat titles and descriptions say nothing about OP items. There is also 2 other helmets for style. Maybe those are briefs or a collection in the raids. I only ran each raid once and skipped all off that stuff. I wish we were informed on this. Plus this episode is going live a week from today so im wondering when we are gonna see the gear on test.
    • Like x 2
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Agreed that we should get another style which should give feat points of course.
    And the 30 ninjas feat part doesnt' sound easy so yeah should be at least 25 feat points.
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

Question : Clemen-time Soda feat needs us to create all kinds of colas there are? I'm asking coz it's only saying : a variety pack of enhanced soder cola...That means we have to create : Energy ,Vitamin,Nutri, all natural, bulldozer , flex and nitro?
    or just 3 of them or a specific number?
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

A variety pack has always been one of each of the different types.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

How can we test things like the AOJ Generator Mods; if we don't have them to test?
    The Olympian Generator Mods never gave Prestige; and they never got fixed.
    I just assuming the AOJ Generator Mods will be similar to the Olympian and thus are already broken.
    Pleas fix them so they grant Prestige from Day 1; instead of Day Never.
    • Like x 6
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I havent tried the feat yet so it could be easy i guess. But we have both run the raid and grundy is like stompa. Waiting to kill 30 means the fight will be much longer which means avoiding those lunge/leap 1 shots he does for a much longer time. Imo that is worth more then 10 points. But its only a suggestion. Maybe once it goes live we realize there is an easy way to do it or once ya gear up it isnt hard at all. Only time will tell i guess. But there is an awful lot of 10 point feats in the episode.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

What I think would be nice. Put the vendor prices back to how they should be. Every raid in the game until AF3 gives 10 marks and costs 87 replays to do it again. That used to be fine until AF3. Inflating the vendor prices devalued badges. Replaying a raid for 10 marks when the prices of vendor gear doubled is a kick in the face.

Why have the badges not been adjusted or raids pay out double. Of course that's not gonna happen.

Here's an idea. If you want to make the grind longer, and not devalue replays. MAKE MORE STYLES!
    • Like x 6
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

Amen.
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Amen ! :)
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

Eh, they've never really had a proper system for valuing the difficulty of a feat. There are 10 point feats out there that are harder than 50 point feats. They just slap a number onto it and ensure that overall there isn't too little or too many feat points available.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. Wish this would be reconsidered. 10 point feats should always be the easiest and so on. Makes sense right? Turning 1 feat from 10 point to 25 is only a difference of .15 in sp. Maybe im wrong but it doesnt feel like that should make a difference at all. There are some feats in the alerts and open world that are 10 points that look to be a lot easier then that raid feat. It feels like that raid one will be more difficult to accomplish.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

So the mod prices are excessive to say the least so how about once we get the last mod feat for the new content we get a reduction in the cost to make mods, this would benefit alts and would prompt people to have more than one role
    • Like x 7
  20. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I don't like any of the "rewards" in this episode. The fun is gone from the loot/rewards in this game. This latest episode continues the trend.

One of the jobs of a game developer is to make the game fun for everyone so that people play it. There's different levels of fun, and for me, it's being able to get loot, it's why I play games of this kind. There should be different levels of loot in a game in order to add variety to the game. Boss loot. Mission reward loot. Vendor based tier progression loot. Farmed loot (exobits/collections). NPC/trash mob/regular enemy loot. DCUO's got everything down pat, but for some reason, not the last one that I listed.

One of the biggest things for me was that regular enemies in the open world and inside instances used to drop loot (cash, R&D items, base items, green and (sometimes) blue gear). This is what normal MMORPGs do, they are progression based games driven by loot. Now, we have to wait until completing an open world mission or killing a boss in an instance to get any kind of loot. What's so bad about this you say? You're still getting loot, it's just centralized now onto the mission NPC, you say? It's bad because this makes the act of doing an open world mission, not fun, and to be frank, really boring (especially with these new missions where you have to kill 400+ enemies). Alerts and raids are now a monotonous grinding race to get to each boss for any loot (people just ignore the content that the devs worked hard on and just race to the bosses).

When regular/mob enemies don't drop loot, it makes the game feel very monotonous and increases the feeling of the fighting being a grind. Enemies dropping loot helps to "spice" things up. It adds variety to the game, by adding another dynamic layer to the game which entices you to enter battle with the non-boss NPCs around you. There's a level a excitement that you get when you would go into an alert/raid or just fighting in the open world and waiting to see if that regular enemy you just fought would drop an item, and to see what that item would be, even if it was just cash or trash loot, you would keep going, just to see if that next enemy would drop something. By removing loot dropping mobs, it also removes a layer of interactivity and engagement factor from the game. If I'm standing in the open world, and the enemies don't drop loot, and my mission is replay locked, there is literally no reason for me to be attacking any enemies in the area, there is no reason for me to even be in the area, and there is no reason for me to even be logged into the game. It also stifles broker activity and the crafting market in the game. Besides exobits, the only way to get cash and crafting ingredients now, is through the replay locked missions/boss. As a whole, it stifles my character's progression unless I spend more money on replays. This is not an attack on replays. I have accepted replays being in the game and use them on occasion and have found other ways to have fun with the game besides being able to repeat missions, but these latest changes have gone overboard and the game has removed another layer of fun for me, and I'm sure lots of others are feeling the same. But this...this is just not fun and has pushed me to consider dropping my subscription.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.