Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Can i ask why its "extra choices"? A f2p player wouldnt be getting those rewards because they arent subbed and/or dont own the dlc. But subbed players and owners of the dlc would get those rewards anyways like they always have before. It seems odd to call them extras when they are the regular rewards subbed players and dlc owners have gotten for the last 4-5 years. Or am in misunderstanding how this is working?
  2. vespa neo Active Player

Pleae make gears cost 50% less on alts after we complete the full set and feat on one of our toons like how it was introduced later in AF3.
    • Like x 1
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think they are being called "extra" solely because people that don't own the episode can get there loot cache (which normally has a chance of dropping those items). But the devs only what members or people that bought the episode to get them. It does seem like an odd choice of words, but I'm not sure there is a better fit either.
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Spord,
    do you guys plan on addressing the ridiculous amount of materials it takes to craft these mods that give such a small gain and offer hardly any progression via skill points or is the feat bugged?
    • Like x 3
  5. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

How much are the feats worth for getting the OP items? I'm hoping there is a feat?

And I hope that we can get more clarity on them as time goes by, but just for now, there are for sure only 2 OP items? Cause I do remember that they also said there might be 3... I'm I use curious lol.
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. This is meant to limit rewards to people getting free access (either through the clamped area or later during open access). In the past, the only way to access a new episode was by buying it or being a member, so it wasn't an issue then.
    • Like x 1
  7. spord Developer

Currently the feats are not set correctly. The create 5 and create 10 feats are not giving the correct amount of feat points. It should tier up like Episode 27. The materials needed are based off of how many pieces of content and their subsequent rewards are available and will therefore be different than Episode 27. Basically it should take roughly the same amount of time to complete.
    • Like x 2
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank you sir. That puts me a little more at ease :).
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

the feat for collecting all elite parts of Blackhawk style is a 3 star feat, is that intended? elite style feats gave in the past only a titel and no points.
    • Like x 4
  10. spord Developer

No that is not intended. Thanks for the report.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

can you plz tell us what exactly are the two OP items ? for which slots? and whats their cr ,184?
    • Like x 2
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Id love to hear the explanation from them. Thanks for trying to explain it tho. But when u say they only want members or people who bought the dlc to get them well that leaves f2p players and premium players who didnt buy the episode. How would they get those items then? By trading for them? Buying off the broker? Ok i didnt see anyone say the items cant be traded or sold. And member and dlc owners have always gotten those rewards in the past by subbing or buying the dlc. So how can whats been the normal rewards now be extra rewards?

It is an odd choice of words. And there are a few reasons why i asked the question. Not gonna go into the details. But imo there is only 1 way this makes sense and sometimes not answering a question speaks a lot louder ;) Really hoping im just misunderstanding it.

Im also curious about the explanation of the crafting materials being more for this episode compared to episode 28. Yes there is an extra alert but there is no solo or duo. So the amount of drops from the instances is the same as AF3. Now i havent run the dailies yet. So if there is gear drops and crafting mat drops from those then i understand and it makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

My issue here is again with the drastic increase needed to craft, lets just start with the Essence Purifiers we went from only having to need to buy 1 for 5 MOV to now needing to buy 12 for 1 piece of Gear that's 96 MOV for 8 pieces of gear. :eek:
    • Like x 3
  14. Aeon Stormcaller Active Player

Do we need to get all the fallen god gear for the feat before going too high in cr with new content?...it would be nice if ancient coins could get moved to drop for everyone so we aren't forced to remain at lower content to complete the feat...I know afiii has been out a while but I've only been playing since January.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

So looking at it tonight with the rewards from the Loot Cache. It seems the first Option that pops up to choose Plans/base Items IS the member choice and once you choose, you get the Equipment Box. The Equipment Box will be the reward all of itself for Free and Premium Players.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, Ancient Coins are not bound by content relevancy, only Marks of Victory are. I asked Mepps this a few months ago and he confirmed it to me. You will get Ancient Coins from AF3 content regardless of your CR.
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Cr 186 is the Entry CR for Ep28. As long as you have that you can enter. Needing the Fallen Gods Feat isnt a requirement for anything involving Ep28. Most players will be entering Ep28 with 190-192 CR so they'll even be above the Suggested CR for Alerts and Raids.
  18. Aeon Stormcaller Active Player

Thanks!...good news as it looked to be part of content relevancy as I read it.
  19. Perdition Committed Player

If u say that they are supossed to be roughly the same, why did u guys went overboard with the purifiers then? From 1 to 12 is not roughly the same in my eyes. It takes us 5 marks to buy 1 of those. Not to speaks of the essences. U need to salvages 26 greens/blues just to get 1 essence from it. Purples give like 4 i think? But we all know their droprate. Till this day i still havent seen Gorgon slayer back drop for my main... most rewards ive seen so far are baseitems, focus elements and plans. It looks that this dlc is designed to replay with that pricing for mods.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ully Committed Player

I would also like to know the reasoning behind this increase. o_O
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.