Economy fix idea. (Opinion)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Controller Devoted Player

I get that.

For ME - I've already spoken on here several times that the most I've had on MY main was like 1 billion 72 thousand...and that was for a few minutes only. I then promptly spent maybe too much on collections at the start of Metal Part 1.

Metal Part one (back in early September?) was when I spent that money and went back down to where I am now - which is right below 500 million.

If I recall - the Metal Part 1 TCs didn't even drop until Mid August. Was this glitch happening then?
  2. Controller Devoted Player

I agree with you there - but in the event of a full cash wipe I believe there will be a few multi-billionaires that will suffer and that is too bad.

These will be - in some cases - League Leaders who give some of their money to their league mates to help them throughout the game.

That will be unfortunate but collateral damage.

I am speaking of the few HONEST ones...that word "HONEST" is hard to judge with the issue at hand, admittedly.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

There is no "IF" about it, lol. That denial has sailed long ago, it's confirmed by the Developers and they didn't temporarily restrict us and take down the broker just for the giggles. So yeah, again, there is no longer any IF's about it, the issue is out and it's clear as daylight to anybody but those who purposefully would want to ignore it.

If they did so after the exploit went on and the crazy inflation spiked so obviously that the blind could see it, then it was not a lot of honesty in said earnings. Whether somebody was totally clueless or not is irrelevant because everybody would say they "had no clue" to get off the hook even if they were guilty, it is still earnings made that should never have been made in that type of inflated, spiked up amount were the exploit not to have been present. No amount of spending justify dozens upon dozens of billions made with the presence of said exploit, it is still excess money that needs to be pulled out of the economy down to a certain point to stabilize the situation. Just because you spend doesn't automatically give you a "get out of jail"-free card from potential shady activity.

There's some players who to some degree will be collateral damage in the event of any form of cash wipe, that doesn't mean it doesn't need to or shouldn't happen. This isn't a small issue, and wipes/restrictions/caps aren't the sole solution, but a part of it, that is important to actually fix the situation and prevent the economy from being tanked.

It's odd and irrelevant in the manner of which you pushed it, painting up the picture of the poor, mistreated few mil-having spender being unjustly wiped, where in the current situation and suggestion a lot of us push is targeting something far more severe than that, being billions up to trillions due to exploiting, with rare items hoarded away from the rest of the playerbase and prices being forced beyond current broker limits further excluding the rest of the playerbase, causing those 2-300 mil you want to keep mentioning to be turned into mere pocket change in the current situation of our inflated economy.
    • Like x 2
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I posted my original questions like that because - for SEVERAL years on here, now - there have been noted disdain towards TCs and those who've spend money on them.

This has - seemingly - boiled over towards this glitch and I believe is a PART of it.

Make no mistake about it - this "Glitch" has just NOW culminated into what it is now. It has been building towards this point for the last few years, the way I see it.

With nearly EVERY single TC introduced folks complaining about feats being attached to them....folks wanting them gone...folks complaining about the RNG attached to them....folks labeling others as Whales that spend money on them.

I get ALL of that.

With WHATEVER happens next week - I feel there will be FEW winners and MORE losers. I believe the GAME will survive.

As long as the GAME survives that is all that matters..................right?
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Or make it Account Bound. That way you can still use a broker mule to buy stuff for an alt.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Little of that claimed disdain is being pushed in a lot of the threads and posts on this subject, yet said suggestions are being angled differently by some of you for some mysterious reason.

The claimed issue you're pointing at is a fart in space compared to the real issue of billions and trillions that players actually wants a solution for.

On that note, do you think the game will survive if a lot of players are left alone with enough in-game money to sustain a decade and rarely have to worry about actually spending real money thanks to that? If you're as concerned about the poor, loyal spending customer as you claim to be you should realize exactly where people are coming from with certain cash wipe/cap/limit-solutions and how important it is to get rid of as much excess cash from the economy as possible for those of us that actually pay.
    • Like x 2
  7. Controller Devoted Player

At the VERY LEAST - these said players you mentioned will HAVE to have AT LEAST Legendary Membership to even have access to that much money. That alone costs $15.00 per month.

Yes - such players do oftentimes manipulate the economy for their own selfish ends. I get that. I also get that this issue has ballooned over the last few months or so culminating to what it is now.

And YES - I have been concerned about those who are calling for actions to be taken as well. Have been for the last few years. Have displayed this concern by helping / giving stuff away to the point where it limited my OWN in-game money.

Been there, done that.

I am certainly NOT the tone-def miser on here. Have already given more than enough blood sweat and TIME to this game and some of its players.
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why do I consistently see a-lot of people coming to these threads and come in with the "Oh I've earned my money legitimately!" "Why are you punishing the few that made their money legitimately?"

Let me be clear on this: Nobody's accusing anybody of having illegitimate funds, or if someone is: Take that with a grain of salt. The only people who've determined who earned their money rightfully and wrongfully are the dev team. Us folks on the forums, won't ever know who's guilty or innocent; so stop acting all defensive about it.

If your in the clear, good.

If your not in the clear, it's not our problem.

These threads are being made so the Broker can return to being a functional auction house for everybody, right now it doesn't do that because the wealth of players in-game whether earned through legitimate or unlegitimate means; is too big which means a small amount of players control the broker, what they put on their, and who's buying said items.

Nobody's going to look at a Phoenix Mat for 999 Mill and say "Oh I can afford that" or "Oh I'll break the bank to buy that". The broker should have a reasonable price, and reasonable demand. The demand is great, there are plenty of items; but the prices are absolute trash.

I've heard players say "I've worked years to earn my 3.2 bill" Why would you even have that much unless you want free-reign over a public auction house? Oh right, that's what this boils down to.

If you have to be a whale to be apart of the economy, then it's broken. There should be other means to have a way to get the funds to buy the items players are selling, and unless you get a rare blue from a TC that's really valuable; that's not happening.

The Economy in DCUO needs more though, a simple cash reset and maximum cash cap isn't the permanent fix to these problems.
    If you're talking about the economy in DCUO as a whole, the overwhelming majority of the economy is controlled by the broker; so that means there needs to be other ways of getting in game revenue.

So on top of what the OP Said, I would highly recommend increasing the cash pay out for missions; the cash payout for selling plans, and make exobits worthwhile again.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not very profitable if a majority of the playerbase that through legit means can't keep up with the economy and decide to quit.

Players will always try to manipulate and control the broker no matter what, always have for all these years, but not as bad as it is currently. The excess cash needs to go, items from exploiting hoarders needs to be taken and that's a start to stabilize the mess we're in. In the future they will probably start to look at more userfriendly ways to implement items, or at the very least have way more userfriendly droprates on their TC-releases and the like to further prevent this current situation from resurfacing in similar manner.

Well since you're not, then again, some form of cashwipe/restrictions/caps/limits given the current situation should be an easy concept to comprehend the need of in our current situation.
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You are so wrong with this it isn't even funny. I can't speak for everyone, obviously. In my circle of 50-60 regular players, the majority of the ones who are against a wipe in any form are either, the ones with only a few hundred million, or are so-called "legit players" who now have tens of billions from taking advantage of the broken economy over the last 3-4 weeks before trading cash and broker were frozen. The ones who spend money on TCs and had a few billion in the bank before the glitch really hit mainstream are the ones more likely to understand the economy, are most upset by what happened, and are a lot more welcoming to an idea of a wipe.

As it stands right now, all that real money spent on TCs, detectors, etc, to make money has already been made all but worthless. The glitchers and economy exploiters now hold all the rare and useful items and were asking for literal billions just for half a stack of nth caches. Overnight, people who spent time and money to make a comfortable 3-5billion, weren't so comfortable anymore. Cash wipe, or not, it's all wasted real life money. If they don't wipe anything, then having even 4-5billion is practically worthless. Nevermind the glitchers themselves who have trillions of cash plus easy hundreds of billions in items, there are players out there who took advantage of the broken economy all of a sudden were able to make over a hundered billion in 3 or 4 days.

There's too much cash out there now. Just wait and see the prices of new episode stuff that is going to be asked for if it is made traceable and money trading/broker is put back to normal with all that cash being left in those accounts. You have 2-3billion? Not enough. If all money is left as is, you're going to need at least 10billion if you want those new OP catalysts, collections, etc. Don't even want to think about the next TC either. Because we all know drop rate reduction is definitely off the table for these items.

It's like you guys think people are suggesting a wipe and that's it. Obviously that isn't going to work. But a wipe should most definitely be a major part of the solution.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Despite the fact i hate time capsules, i disagree with you 100%

1. We don't know how long this has even been occurring, however you can tell by by historical pricing of capsule items it can't have been the whole time.

2. The time capsules didn't create the glitch, the time capsules don't create money or certainly not in excess, the money is created through the normal means of playing the game.

3. It was obvious to anyone that there was an issue and that it was likely an exploit, only the incredibly naive in my view were denying it and demanding proof, the proof was everywhere.

4. If you then loaded up on capsules to sell during what was obviously a money glitch then you were taking advantage of the situation and i will not believe you ignorant of it, to suggest a person is ignorant of it would be borderline idiocy.

There's no innocent people just making money innocently in the inflated economy that occurred especially towards the end.
    • Like x 2
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Problem was too many "legit" billionaires were created with this glitch, anyone who sold a neon mat needs their cash wiped too because by the end they were selling for 10bil+ the devs don't have the manpower to go through and remove cash on every account that sold a neon in the last month :( if they want to cash reset to 1billion that's fine etc, the cash reset is just to get rid of the outlier accounts that have the power to control the economy
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Some of us did provide math that would support the early inflation numbers, in fairness - math that also indicates that going forward, regulation may not be a bad idea.

In further fairness, I also got banned for saying "let's actually go glitch hunting" when it became obvious that those numbers were beyond the original math. Because "sometimes I'm wrong, too" and "direct action produces answers". Which isn't a point I'm going to belabor because I'd rather not get banned, again.

That aside, entirely.
    ^this.

How many people were cackling with glee as the inflated prices meant they could finally charge multiple billions at a shot? I'm sure I'm not the only guy who saw trade channel regs brag about price fixing.
    • Like x 1
  14. Controller Devoted Player

To your 3 and 4:

You CANNOT speak for EVERYONE.

To be honest I WAS completely naive of ANY issue going on with the inflation until I read the Forums, here. ...just in early December. Even THEN - I rarely spend THAT MUCH time in the forums and even LESS in the game.

I chose to run in a SMALL league - free of Drama - and have a rather small friends list. My Choice.

Neither do I have globs and globs of HOURS to spend perusing the Broker....checking on inflated prices.

This game is a HOBBY of mine - not my LIFE.

To further add to my naivete - when I purchased 20 stabilizers for the DMC's in early Dec I only got ONE rare. Got a bunch of dupe collection pieces, lower level stuff. I sold that rare for 58 million (can't remember which one it was). Even THEN - I vividly remember UNDERCUTTING the price on THAT collection - the most expensive one was like 80 million and mines was the cheapest at 58.

Thank me later.

I don't have hours and hours to spend online, either. I do my dailies on my Main Toon (Mace) and rarely even do anything on my Alts until the weekend. I average maybe 20 min each session during the week, a little longer on weekends.

At this point (as I have already stated Ad Naseum) - I fully support WHATEVER the Devs decide to do. I've already beat the dead horse (sorry PETA) about not wanting a COMPLETE Cash Wipe, though.

If I chose to depart this game over whatever choices are made this week don't you worry - I have ZERO desire to post here in the Forums a long diatribe stating my likes / dislikes with this game.

Even THEN my likes far outweigh the dislikes.

I will go away quietly and - like I've played this game since 2013 - FREE of drama.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Neither can you, however by looking at these recent types of threads alone there's dozens of players in favor of a solution to the excess cash involving some form of wipe/restriction/limit/cap and a mere handful in comparison that are against any form of "cashwipe". Go figure.

You can claim to be as naive and unknowing as you want, you can also spend however much you want, neither of them is still a valid excuse or justified reason to let players off the hook with billions upon billions they directly or indirectly earned due to an exploit being present causing ridiculously crazy spike in inflation over a VERY short period of time.

Reading this you shouldn't act surprised that anybody would want to let off a silent giggle at anyone trying to act all clueless about the current situation. As far as this whole "naive and unknowing"-act goes, you hinted in a previous reply to me whether "IF" there even was an exploit present, even with the Developers themselves confirming the current situation and going as far as temporarily closing down the Broker. You've been active in most of the recent threads on this subject, (including those that were removed) so forgive me if I like Proxystar may question just how naive and unknowing one could really be on this matter.
    • Like x 2
  16. Controller Devoted Player

OK let me be as clear as I possibly can...I thought I ALREADY had been clear but maybe not in THIS THREAD -

YES - those who have BILLIONS of dollars in game who've gotten it illegally should be adjusted / capped whatever/ I stress "THOSE" because I simply chose NOT to speak for EVERYONE. I am NOT a Dev.

Those with TRILLIONS? Sure - IF the Devs find ANY wrongdoing then SURE - fix it.

I personally don't care WHO "Silently Giggles" because the most I've had in this game was slightly over a billion and that was a few months ago with Metal Pt 1 dropping. I've hovered right below 500 million where I am right now.

I dare ANYONE to check my account.

My life goes on whether you (or Proxy) believe me. I certainly don't look for approval from either of you.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Im not speaking for everyone, I'm making an assertion based on reason and the understanding of a reasonable person, in layman's speak its referred to as a "reasonable person test"

What would a reasonable person do or think?

I would assert, as I've done, that a reasonable person would have looked at that broker and realised something was wrong, too deny such, is unreasonable.

Even the most casual of players knows 99 nth metal cache don't go for 1bil and by no means the limit of the absurdity and you also don't have to be a forum user to see the absurdity, that is an absolute cop out to avoid any personal accountability to have reasonable thought.

No i maintain my position that any reasonable person knew something was wrong and their continued use of the broker during the time was far from ignorant.

They didn't break any rules, so understand that is not what I'm saying, but ignorant they were not, even having a suspicion is enough to move that player away from absolute ignorance.

You would literally have to be living under a rock in the game to be at that level if ignorance to the extent where you never use the broker or participate in the economic side at all, ever.

If you're going to fix the system you fix it by fixing everyone, even if there is unfortunate collateral damage, does it suck, sure, but you won't fix it otherwise.
    • Like x 1
  18. Controller Devoted Player

Proxy -

As I've already stated -

In my limited time in this game lately- even MORE limited time using the Broker - I had zero knowledge of ANYTHING wrong with it. I've only looked for specific things...certainly not any "Nth Metal caches" like you stated.

Only when I read the Forums here earlier this month did I start to realize something was amiss.

I thought the Lex Luthor gauntlett was rather pricey but had NO IDEA it came from a glitch of money in the game - until I saw the comments in the threads here earlier this month.

I ended up paying slightly below 200 million for THAT collection piece. That helped to take me down from 1 billion.

A few folks have different experiences in the game than you. Perhaps you are the one living under a rock?

One more thing - for you or anyone else here questioning my motives - "IF" I was doing anything wrong then why wasn't I banned from the forums OR the game - at all?

Unlike some have already?

And I'm sure Mepps or the Devs will do whatever they believe is needed to fix the economy. That will be independent of you.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Wrong has degrees of extremity.

You can even be banned here for trying to solve problems. That's not a metric of consistency - whether or not you were censured for it. There are plenty of people who contributed to making it worse who are as free as you are. The measure of implicatable guilt seems very slim. The measure of ethical questionability is somewhat higher though... At what point did we also participate, regardless of whether or not we initiated?
  20. Controller Devoted Player

Kimone -

Whatever course the Devs or Mepps take next week I'm good with it.

If you (or Proxy or Zneak) need a decent Controller in-game hit me up. I'm done with this thread. I've spoken my piece.
    • Like x 1