Economy fix idea. (Opinion)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

How to define INSANE amounts of cash? By looking at the current situation and the inflation that went on the past month alone? Not sure if you missed that certain items suddenly got so expensive that they went exclusively to trade because the pricing went above the limits of the broker, but that sums it up. You have to literally be blind to miss it, that's how bad it's gotten.

Not sure what is so confusing about it. Trillions of in-game cash got into the economy through an exploit and players want it gone so that the economy doesn't tank. As for a complete wipe I don't think it should be necessary, it's better to pull the excess cash out and settle for limits to stabilize the situation. Accompanied of course by clearing out banks and inventories of exploiters that have hoarded the rarest items by the dozens out of the pool for the rest of the playerbase with trillions of in-game cash at their disposal.

Not a single post of mine in here has called for a COMPLETE cashwipe, so not sure why you respond to me and keep mentioning that.

It doesn't matter if you're a whale or not. If somebody actively sold items (of which a lot of players did) while the insane inflation crept up, to reap billions upon billions of profit that was never meant to be there, they've profited off the exploit and made excess amounts of money that was never supposed to enter the economy.

The past month made a lot of players a Billionaire, Multi-billionare even, and a lot of those players don't want to "lose" a dime, because they got rich. No matter if the sole reason they got so rich at this point in time was because of an exploit being present, causing insane inflation. Spending money is not an excuse nor justification to keep said winnings that were only possible to earn due to an exploit being present, no matter how anyone tries to spin it. That excess money needs to be wiped.
    • Like x 1
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That would include me, thank you for pointing that out, so yes, I believe I am justified in "representing" myself - an honest, paying customer who didn't take advantage. Obviously I should have taken advantage, since some people would like to see me punished as if I did. It seems there might be no value in being an honest, paying customer these days. And yes, I am also pissed off by the hyperinflation - would have loved a neon chroma, but I only have 250 million, and they were selling for 350-400M on the EU broker.

Also, yes, I would love to see this fixed. But I don't believe a cash wipe will fix it. It will just piss people off. A few of the ones who read the forums, yes. But also a lot more who don't come here, and will just log in to the game one day to find their money gone (and will have no idea why). The hoarders meanwhile will just offer neon chromas for 250 million and up, an people will find a way to get them. "Super rich" will drop down to hundreds of millions, and it will still be out of reach of the honest players.

Would I quit? Probably not.

Would I cancel the annual sub that I have kept up since Fight for the Light? Certainly. But not because I am "stuck up", as you suggest. It would be because removing the 250 million I have earned, fair and square, over the last seven years (almost all of it long before the glitchers and the hyperinflation) would just be one more in a long line of dodgy decisions.

Things like, for example, putting feats in TCs, with a RNG that gives them to a ridiculously small number of people (actually encouraging the less scrupulous ones to cheat and glitch the system, or buy billions from gold sellers) - this one is the root cause of the hyperinflation.
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep, wipe the excess billions, and leave the honest players alone.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Based on your never-ending reactions and feedback to the mere though of wiping cash out, you're also representing people that were not so honest, whether that is indirectly or not. An actual, honest and paying customer like yourself should see the issue in keeping the excess-cash untouched. A lot of others do, anyhow. If you are sitting on a max-amount of 250 million, I really can't see how you are so against many of the posts and threads suggesting to wipe out the excess cash.

A complete cash wipe may not be a fix, but a wipe of some sort needs to happen to clear out the excess cash, aswell as mentioned earlier, clearing out the inventories and banks of all those who used billions if not trillions of exploited cash to hoard away the rarest items from the rest of the playerbase, with the intent of keeping control of broker pricing with them.

You keep taking the very point made by not only me but dozens of other threads and posts on the subject that you have made the same responses to, to the point where it suggests a complete wipe when so many of us have been suggesting something else entirely. Why you'd spin posts like that makes no sense to me, if you're truly an honest, paying customer with millions and not billions. Not a single post of mine in here, again, have suggested any other wipe than simply wiping out the excess cash down to a more stabilized level of which we were in before the money exploit took hold.

On the other hand, no TC or any other cashgrab justifies exploiting and outright thievery. As also mentioned several times over by me and others aswell, the Devs need to look at more userfriendly droprates on this subject as part of the solution. This being a root cause does in no way change the importance of clearing out TRILLIONS of in-game cash exploited upon, floating around in the economy.

Yes, if they are truly honest. A truly honest player who didn't take advantage of the money exploit won't have anything to worry about, yet some people seem to care a wee bit too much about the possibilty of it happening.
    • Like x 1
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Because there are a lot of people screaming for a total wipe of all cash on any account. While you might not be calling for that, a lot are. And there is a possibility of it happening.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m not saying that something should be done to fix the issue of the money floating around. But to say that a cash wipe is the only option is simply not true. The root of the problem are the individuals who started the problem. A simple 2 week ban is not enough.

You of all people should know that there are people who had billions before the glitch happened. And before I say anything else, no I don’t have billions. Never did and probably never will. But I do know that there are people who had 3-6 billions prior to the glitch. These people have been running events for years prior to the glitch. People have been selling stuff every holiday and every new dlc. And that’s mostly vets who did that. So while billions is in fact rare it was not uncommon for some people to have already. Now the norm according to the forum is 60-100billion.

The cash wipe would only drive more veterans away from the game. This game already has a problem with activity level and (I truly don’t mean to disregard anyone) skill level. If they have to do something fine than do a reduction. But a cash wipe will hurt the game more than help.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For sure there are legit billionaires but if you leave them floating around the exact same issues will happen again, you have all the wealth of the game in 1% of players who can essentially buy everything from the broker and relist them continually for profit or you have players listing items for 500mil-999 on the broker just because they hope the billionaires will buy the items while no one else can afford anything (exactly what happened while you were gone from the game) If the devs want to hard cap broker and trading that is fine then because it will achieve the same effect with making those billions handicapped to those players because they wouldn't be able to trade and relist the same way.

In regards to a cash wipe driving away players.. the game already had a cash wipe, there is already a precedent set for that and it wasn't like the game died in 2012-2013 when it happened because those were DCUO best years. Players don't leave a game over developers taking away their virtual money, that is a super petty reason and boarder-line crybaby status lol, "mommy mommy the devs took away my money im gunna throw a tantrum" players leave over drastic changes to mechanics and gameplay just as they did with GU36, AM's and Stats Revamp & PvP
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know that these people will still be buying and selling items for expensive but doesn’t it make sense for the devs to just increase the drop rate for these extremely rare collections. Everything I saw in this thread have been bandaid fixes. The root still remains the same. Players find expoit. Make billions and get banned for 2 weeks. Players get extremely rare collections and sell them so only 5% can afford them.

And also, I never said that everyone was quitting. But you can’t sit there and tell me that the player base didn’t drop after the previous cash wipe. Or how about the gu36 which also had a noticble drop in player base. The fix being proposed here has less to do with the issue that happened. I don’t have billions so it won’t affect me as much as others. But punishing the majority for the actions of a few makes no sense.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Question for the "Cash Wipe" crowd -

How much money do YOU have in this game?

What is the most that you have held? When did you have that max amount.

Just curious.

This game's community has ALWAYS had a rather toxic attitude towards those of us who've spent money on the game - especially TCs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Question for you:

How would YOU feel if you had just dropped 20-40 dollars on the game for Stabilizers..opened TCs, sold the contents for in-game money, made 2-300 Million and THEN was about to have it wiped?

Wiped for a few glitchers?
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not really, especially when the end result is the same: the economy getting borked by their actions.

Unfortunately, with as interconnected as the economy in the game is, there's no real way of guaranteeing that everyone's cash is clean at this point, especially depending on how long players were pumping cash that shouldn't have existed into the system.

I've not been a fan of the idea, especially because if done wrong it could feel like a "pull the rug out from under everyone" kind of move, and those rarely end well. But if we want to see steps taken to get the economy back to something in the "reasonable" category, all that excess cash put into the system needs to go somehow, ideally in a way that doesn't severely punish those that didn't actively participate in borking things.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

None of us know if there will be a cash wipe. And if there is: we don't know what they'll wipe us down to or even if everyone is getting wiped.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

I get that...but there are seemingly TOO MANY people on here pining for it.

My "GUESS" (and I could be wrong, I am wrong sometimes) is that there are players that spend VERY LITTLE on the game and stand to lose very little. These SAME players lack EMPATHY for those of us who've spent money on the game and have made a few hundred million.

So what "IF" 50 million of that was "dirty"? I certainly didn't know.

I've read these forums since 2014. I've marveled at those players who've played the system...skirted being members...whatever...and then tossed shade towards those of us who've actually SPENT money on the game.

I've mostly ignored this - up until this whole cash glitch thing.

Just the sheer number of players calling for cash wipes....just crazy.
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

One thing they should do is once you buy an item off the broker, is no longer tradable, that way people can't put it back on the broker at a much higher price. Yes I knew some people who did that.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

There's a lot of people suggesting a wipe of the excess cash aswell, not all cash. In fact, I believe most people would prefer getting rid of all the excess cash that was exploited upon rather than a total cashwipe. Yet, i've seen you argue against several of those threads and posts screaming about a total cashwipe anyhow, even when it's not suggested. That seems very wierd to me to be against, seeing as you're a totally legit and loyal, paying customer and all.

You dodged my previous response to spout this out. I find these questions odd and rather irrelevant to the issues being raised. Do you care to fully spill the beans on the assumed angle you're trying here? Also, anytime you'd like to give my previous response a proper reply, that would be appreciated too.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  16. konopisss New Player

Either we have spent tons of money in the game or not our 1Billion now is worth only to buy a cheap item and nothing more.

There is no way to find out the dirty game cash so if we all keep the current cash the prices will stay high for quite long. So snapping the finger and deleting the last 0 from everyones cash is inevitable to get back on track. But should be done in a more fair manner like proposed that from lower cashed players are removed less and from those having many billions much more.

Only that way we can see again in the broker items like Neon chromas, OGs etc So they must check total of money circulating lets say 3 months ago and make such a reduction in overall cash that it goes back to that level.

I still don't understand though from people that don't want any kind of reduction how their 1 billion that is worth almost nothing now is so important compared to total economic stability!!! And like I said don't ever say again to remove only dirty cash because there is no way to tell if 300m out of your 1B is dirty and the other part of 700m is clean hard earned.

Its like saying that you want to keep your 1 trillion cash Zimbabwe cash even if you can buy just a soder cola with it and not wanting to have 50M with which you can buy something more

And that ofc should be following all cheaters accounts being banned or wiped completely of items and cash so that only legit players are accounted for with mix of clean and maybe some dirty cash from inflation.

[IMG]
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

You are still pushing a total cahswipe in your scenario rather then the ACTUAL suggestion many are making, that makes for a solution, being clearing out the excess amounts of cash created by the exploit. You keep pushing the picture of a poor, mistreated real money-spender with 2-300 mil being wiped, when we're talking about mass-hoarders and broker manipulators with a minimum of dozens of Billions at their disposal.

If you're truly the honest, legitimate guy holding 2-300 mil, I see absolutely no reason for you to be as worked up about the "cash wipe crowd" as you and some others on here are. If you are however one of those holding billions, alt accs with inventories filled with expensive goods to further control and manipulate the broker with later, then I'd understand why you'd make such a fuzz over the possibility of a wipe and what not. That's the sort of player-situation a lot of us want to see a solution for, that's where a wipe needs to hit.

Nobody's acting as if holding 2-300 mil needs wiping, quite the opposite a lot of us would agree that holding 2-300 mil makes more sense then holding dozens upon dozens of billions and now trillions.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The people asking for an almost total cash wipe, those are the poor and less fortunate. We do need a cash wipe, no one should be in the hundreds of billions.
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

My suggestion is to not ask such questions cause it can draw unnecessary scrutiny.

Such as...how much money was actually on your character before the exploit and for how much did you sell your first high end item on the broker...or when did the TC payout a rare item into your account.

Not saying that you did anything...but there are plenty of people who think they are smarter than logic would present.

Better to leave it alone and to stop, than to keep it up because it could be a good case of giving a long rope to hang yourself.
  20. Controller Devoted Player

Ok...in my admitted haste I DID in fact miss your response.

MY BAD.

I am fully onboard with wiping those trillions from the game "IF" it was glitched. I do have a feeling that there are a FEW players that MAY have went crazy and LEGALLY bought tons of Stabilizers or the like and made their money honestly.

I feel for these players because they will - undoubtedly - be collateral damage in the event of a full cash wipe.

Furthermore - I don't find my previous questions "Odd and rather irrelevant" as you stated. MY point of view is that over YEARS of observing this forum community and ESPECIALLY how they / we feel about Time Capsules (and us WHALES that spend honest money on them) - there is disdain towards us.

This same "disdain" is why I posed my question. To ME - those of us (not YOU, particularly) that have hated TCs and what they've stood for would have LITTLE empathy for those of us that would lose out in a POTENTIAL cash wipe.

THAT is why I posed the question.