Dual Wield Charge Double Throw (Worse)..

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Helping Hand, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

um...im agreeing with you
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

@BumblingB

I am explaining why a one size fits all solution would not work, and further explaining why diversity is needed over a one size fits all solution. The entire premise of my argument is simply that a game, like DCUO, should never be balanced around RP, ever. How is that closed minded exactly? :)

@Lostczarnian

How is that exactly? What do you use the scoreboard for? To compare your damage to others on the team? What does it matter as long as you finish? The scoreboard has no place in PvE, it only belongs in PvP, where the score actually matters. :)

P.S.

None of these comments were intended to be rude. :)
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

For those that took shots at this fella...I can tell you, he is a top notch dps. I can tell you from experience, he's the guy you chase, so stuff the comments about him asking for nerfs and get outside your closed minds. As a usually low end dps myself (I've admitted many times in the past I suck at it), when my crits with a "tank" DW in dps role hit for over 6k (and I'm dual specced) then something isn't right. What he's saying, and everyone else for that matter, is the balance isn't there. This balance is no different than a new powerset being released that's strides ahead of the rest (to get you to buy that DLC or sub up) or the current OP legend in pvp. A quick fix that "breaks" one thing rather than "fix" another. I agree with Giggles 100%....melee should have its advantages, and ranged its. When was the last time you saw someone out dps everyone else with a bow? My favorite weapon hasn't been viable for 2 years, but I still go back to it now and then because I love the combos and love the animations. If I pug, while using it, I get the usual *ssclown comments of "why do you suck?" and such. Want my opinion...... nerf this community.
    • Like x 1
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

So you are saying both DW and Rifle need to be adjusted? I am all for it, if there really is an imbalance with rifle as you are suggesting.

Honestly, right now DW is being abused all over this game. DW needs to be looked into, then they can look into rifle later. I hoping that they address DW in the next Game Update.
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

gee let me guess what you dps with...hmmm
    • Like x 1
  6. Giggles Loyal Player

DW is hitting for upwards of 3k, just like 1H was. It is almost just as quick too since it can be jump cancelled for full damage and it does not split damage on targets.

The fact you are saying that 1H was slightly OP and you think DW is just fine is a complete contradiction. DW is the new 1H right now. Instead of letting things get out of hand, we are asking it be fixed in a timely manner. There is video proof all over these forums how broken DW is right now compared to other weapons. DW needs to be adjusted.
  7. shiny mackerel Committed Player

I still think making the DW charge split after 3 targets was unintended. There's just no precedent case in the past ~1.5 years or so where a weapon hold has started splitting damage after 3 targets. It just inexplicably breaks their definition of an AoE combo. Add the fact that the change wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, the change wasn't reverted when all "changes to DW's ranged hold have been reverted", and I'm pretty sure it was just some crazy dev mistake like the 1h focused blast ninja buff.

The damage for the DW full charge has not changed in the past 1.5 years I've been playing so it's funny you would choose now to start calling its damage OP. If you have a problem with its damage, I would look to boost the damage of other weapons' pitiful ranged moves first. But if the unprecedented AoE change really is intended then yeah, the damage is way too high. Otherwise, it just needs a bug fix right now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Clutch Committed Player

Rifle already yields higher dps and everyone would just switch to that instead. I really don't see the point of nerfing dw and giving everyone even less options. Did you not see what just happened with 1h, hb, and staff?
    • Like x 1
  9. Giggles Loyal Player

The point again is that DW is obviously way out balance right now compared to other melee weapons. Based on the video above, Rifle is way out of line compared to all ranged weapons, so clearly all that needs to be done to rectify this issue, is both weapons should adjusted accordingly and brought in line with the other weapons so that all weapons are once again viable.

By balancing the two obviously broken weapons, it would make all weapons viable instead of a select few. Period. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. thelostczarnian New Player

do what you want im rage so....what is a weapon again????
    • Like x 3
  11. nianie New Player

Another cry for nerfing weapons? lets go with clipping as well so that we can enjoy the full animation of every power and skills available. As if increasing phase dodge's cooldown to 10-12 seconds isn't horrible enough. If you cant achieve the numbers, figure something out instead of nerfing everything in the game to make you guys don't look bad in the scoreboard lol. The forum is really feeding a lot of trollers seriously ._.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sytenia Committed Player

And you are one who compares scoreboards which more often than not mean nothing. Go read shiny mackerel's data on weapon attacks right here: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ths-a-comparison-of-all-weapons-in-dcuo.4075/
    Now if you do not understand what things in that post mean you have no business in this discussion to begin with.
    Main point is: dual wield hold range splits after 3 targets. No other weapon attack does that or after more targets with exception of MA's 5th melee tap which does doesn't do much damage to begin with.
    If you do not understand the mechanics behind damage splitting you should also not be part of this discussion.
  13. Sytenia Committed Player

Rifle's grenade hits 4 targets max and starts splitting after 2. I do not know where you have your information from but it is incorrect.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Because it is. If you can provide statistical data that proves it wrong, go for it.

To fix DW, make it split after 2 targets again. It still might need a slight damage tweak but that should take care of most of the OPness.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sytenia Committed Player

Makes perfect sense to not take that right from nothing, I'd do the same thing if I was in your position. Why I use it is mostly because the data he has seems to confirm my own observations and testing. Now I don't test everything in a very controlled environment like I think he does nor do I use all weapons but I do get some ideas of the numbers on the weapons I do use or test things with and that has matched so far. Also the damage splitting is quite easy to verify.
    There is some history and discussion to that thread too and he has a bit of a reputation with providing that data with other people also verifying it. I think it's worth reading trough, you can learn some useful things from it. If something is wrong with his data I bet he'd like it if you prove it wrong so he can correct it.

Edit: Also for your testing, there is a difference between how many targets an attack can hit and after how many targets the damage starts to split.
    That dual wield hold range attack used to split after one target and since all ranged attacks on melee weapons either hit only one target or split after one I think dual wield should do the same.
  16. Giggles Loyal Player

As far as DW and Rifle, if anyone tests the DW charged throw, and Rifles grenade, and compare those two skills to any of the other 9 weapons, they will see how imbalanced those 2 skills are compared to every other weapon. That is why those abilities need to be fixed. Both DW charged throw and Rifle grenade need a damage reduction and need to split better.

Rifles grenade rate of fire is much faster and hits much harder than the other weapons, it is also aoe attack and simply performed by tapping right click.

DWs charged throw alone easily hits for over 3k every single time. That alone is a huge red flag, not to mention that the DW charged throw can easily be jump cancelled and retain its full damage.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

You can't get full damage for a partial hold. You have to still hold it for the full bar to achieve it. What you can jump cancel is the throw itself. Which you can with any animation from a lot of weapons.
    • Like x 3
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

Yes but the point is, it only takes 2-3 seconds to fully charge, and it hits far harder than any other weapon. That is the issue. DW charged range attack hits for a minimum of 3k every time, the highest hit I have gotten with DWs charged range throw was over 10k, and it can easily be jump cancelled. This clearly this is not an intended mechanic, you and I both know this. :)
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I know what you are saying, but you were making it sound like it was before. Where you could partial hold and get full damage.

DW is out of line, but I would rather they undid the last GU and fix staff and the others to the way it was. I still feel sore about that update. All it did was create a bigger imbalance than what was. Like we were all being punished for the abuse of 1h.
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

Right, but if you look at weapons currently, they are all fairly balancing except for DW and Rifle. Once those two weapons are brought into line with the other 9 weapons, I think we will see more variety. If the devs pull up their logs and look at the two most used weapons right now, I can almost assure them the results would be Rifle and DW at the top, and that usually means there is something wrong with said weapons. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.