Dual Wield Charge Double Throw (Worse)..

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Helping Hand, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

it isnt a click move its a charged throw...takes 2 seconds to charge...far from a "click" and honestly you dont even pve you have no bussiness here. you just hate everything that anyone likes. and the weapon with the strongest range tap in the game is riffle
    • Like x 4
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

I understand, I am simply referencing the range and melee buttons, it's charge should not be anywhere near a ranged weapons charge with right click. Just as a ranged weapons melee damage should be no where near a real melee weapons, melee damage using left click.

I'm not trying to sound rude here, but which melee weapon does a ranged attack with the left click tap or hold? *Hint, it doesn't exist* ;)
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I really don't see anything wrong with DW as it is.

It's hitting big sure, but it's a 2s hold!

If it's twice the animation time as say HB, it should be hitting for a lot no? Also it's very inturruptable.

compared to 1h that did this same damage in half the time. DW is perfectly fine atm. May be slightly off, but not to the broken level 1h was, or DW would have been had they not reverted the original buff it had coming.
    • Like x 2
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

so you want realism in a super hero game then?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

first off a rifle's right click hits WAYYYY harder than the DW right click. this discussion is about the DW right click and hold for 2 seconds than release. and with in that 2 seconds anyone using a rifle could have got 3 right clicks and 2 powers clipped. I say if you don't want to use dual wield don't use it, you can still do more damage with a rifle at a faster rate with less risk. im not really sure why you think the person next to you using dual weild should be doing less damage. if you don't use the weapon, it doesn't concern you. If you do use the weapon you would realize that the only reason anyone does use it is because it does damage that can keep up with the rifle with less without as much power out, and if that damage was reduced, even slightly, there would be no reason to use it over the rifle.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Except it doesn't split and 1h/staff was single target. It's out of line, but I'd rather they undid the "adjustment" to the weapons and fix all of them. I hate 1 trick ponies.
    • Like x 2
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

DW CHarged throw and Staff/1h were a bit diff though.

The clip time on 1h/staff is almost non existant.

On DW it's still like a half second or more that you can clip off of that throw. You charge then clip the throw.

And /shrug, I'd just like more viable weapons than less, so the idea of DW getting a nerf when it's really not even that great annoys me. 1h was overly good to the point of completely changing gameplay for many people. DW is just a long hard hitting hold.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

No one likes nerfs, except a choice few. But it makes me sick to see that weapons are way not equal and that I can top the charts using 1 trick ponies. No skill for me is needed. That's more game changing than what 1h did.

This is PvE minded. In PvP they flock to the easy kill weapons. That is why everyone was 1h there because of the partial hold was out of line. BB and bam!

They need to STOP "adjusting" a few weapons and actually work on ALL the weapons. Heck, I'll forgo content if we can get working weapons. I mean it's not like they haven't pushed things back due to fixing OC or anything.
    • Like x 2
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

They have the DLC and purchased feats that I know of left on "the list", but i'm totally with ya, I'd like to see a full weapon revamp happen. A LOT of balance is needed in that area.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

what the f*** are you talking about? lol. can anyone fill me in with what he is trying to get at here? no weapon ranged or melee does a ranged attack with the left click or hold. Further more no "ranged" weapons have a 2 second hold (with the exception of the bow, but the long shot really is just so you have time to turn it the other 2 moves).
    • Like x 3
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

ikr its not like im beating celestials and hard light guys using dw. its just lets me keep up with them. or i can do it with rifle using 3x the power in and make trolls cry
    • Like x 1
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah I do, I pretty much, at least when it comes to weapons, that way no one weapon is the answer to everything. The fact that most melee weapons range attacks are already unrealistic enough, I don't see the problem with balancing range and melee and making each of them the best at what they are described as. That being range excelling at range, melee excelling at melee. :)

To answer your other post, which I can't quote because of the forum of the violation in it, I showed everyone a picture of my inventory. I don't just sometimes PvP, I was the first person in full Android Gear. You say I don't raid, I only raid with people I know, I don't pug T5 raids. In those same pictures you can see all my CR 88 gear in my inventory, along with the 9,500+ marks of valor I had in my bank and inventory. Stop assuming, it only makes you look bad. ;)
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

there is a problem with that giggles....like it or not this is a fantasy game made for fun. some ppl dont want their toon going pew pew with arrows riffles and bows. i am one of those people for the most part. dw isnt even the stylistic weapon of my choice. i would prefer brawling but the range abilities just arent there. so i currently use dw as the next best thing(untill i am rage ;)) since it looks cool and works good at range. handblasters are great dps wepons but i allways hated the style of Lobo shooting crappy rays out of his hands. so how bout we buff them weapons up to dw status and buff pistols and bow
    • Like x 3
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

There is a problem with that, you there's thing in all games called "balance". Since there are 11 weapons, and obviously melted weapons are the best, there needs to be something done to balance and make range as appealing as melee. The only way to do that is either make sure range weapons have an edge over melee weapons in some aspect of the game, logically that would be range DPS, or they can remove the Melee buff or add a buff similar to the melee weapon buff to the ranged weapons.

Since the easiest of them all is ensuring range damage is the best with ranged weapons, that is what I am pushing for. If you are using the broken weapon and claiming you are good DPS, you aren't good DPS. You are just good at exploiting the next broken mechanic, until it is fixed. It's far easier to bring one weapon in line with the rest of the weapons, than it is to buff 10 weapons up to 1 weapons power. Again this is just logic and common sense. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm tired of the arbitrary classifications of what's ranged and what's melee. All weapons should be viable for ranged dps and melee attacks for all weapons should have better dps than ranged attacks since there's more inherent risk.
    • Like x 6
  16. thelostczarnian New Player

it is logical to make all weapons equal actually. mute point for soon i will be rage and will never have to worry about weapon style again. ill be using brawling cause it wont matter how good the range is when i can use dreadfull blast ;)
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Actually it's not logical from a business perspective, again simple math will you it is far easier to bring 1 weapon in line with the other 10 weapons, than it is to balance 10 weapons up to par with 1 weapon. Let's use simple math here, 11-1=10, 11-10=1. We all know 10 is greater than 1, therefore it is safe to say that it would take far longer to rebalance 10 weapons than it would to balance 1 weapon.

So it is actually illogical from a business perspective to balance the other 10 instead of fixing the 1 problem with the sole weapon in question. It costs more money to pay people to fix 10 weapons than it does to pay them to fix 1 weapon. I hope this helps clarify why your reasoning is extremely flawed, especially from a business perspective. If you need me to clarify anything, please let me know. :)

P.S.

I wasn't trying to sound rude, so I apologize in advance if it came across that way.
  18. thelostczarnian New Player

well my point of view is...i pay plenty of that money. i sub, i own 6 dlcs 3 weapon style packs 3 market legends toons, 4 pack of armories, if you need more examples i got em...so yeah im not concerned with their money. just put everything weapon wise the way is was 2 years ago+ buff pistols and walla! balanced usefull weapons
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

I hear you, I bought an 8 pack of armories, have a lifetime sub, have over 23k replays in my inventory, I own every single Legend. I have too have spent my fair share. However, you need to realize that it would take more time to balance 10 weapons, period. Time is not something this dev team has. We went from getting 4 DLC's a year to 3. Even that might shrink again, but that does not bother me as long as things stay remotely balanced.

An MMO will never be perfect, bugs will constantly imbalance things, and players will flock to what is broken because that's just the way some players are, they will take any short cut given to them. Right now the weapons are pretty close to balanced. We all know Pistols has needed a buff for some time, aside from pistols though all weapons are pretty balanced, except for DW of course, which once fixed will be another step closer to the balance you want. More damage to steam roll content is not the answer, its making us actually learn to play multiple weapons (ie melee AND ranged weapon) that not only adds diversity but ensures all players are properly equipped for all types of encounters.

Even in comics, no one hero or villain has the answer to everything. In the Dark Knight Returns, Batman had to get into a suite that matched Superman's strength, and even then needed assistance from Green Arrow. My point is, one weapon should not be the solution to everything, as even in the comics that this very game represents, there is no one answer to all encounters. DW needs to be adjusted and brought in line with the other weapons, period. :)
  20. thelostczarnian New Player

question... am i a better dps when im using dw or when im using rifle? the dps ends up being the same on the scoreboard only the power in is 2x less with dw. what weapon should a good dps use in your opinion?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.