DEVS: Glad to see something is happening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like LT said, you can buy stuff and resell it, but in today's economy it would be hard to start that climb at under 30 million. You'd have to hope for a miss-listed 1 dollar item you could scoop up.

I personally use this equation. Seasonal+Time=Money. Grind out seasonal content and buy some of the required base items or the collection....anything feat related...save the collection drops or vault base items. Sit on for a while and turn around in 6-8 months and sell for a big profit when there are none in the broker and people want to complete the feat but can't wait till the next seasonal go-round.

Farming rare collections and styles work as well, but many have lost their luster. Some of the best collections were always the ones that got you base ammenities, but as those are now sold in the MP, the collections are not as attractive. Style items like Punchline Back, Captian Cold hood/goggles, Energy Back and Deathstroke Bandolier have all dropped off a lot because there are now a lot of other items out there that are somewhat similar and those items are no longer as needed to make your toon look cool and different. Auras/materials offer a lot of customization and are probably the best bet for quick advancement in cash...but they also likely will require real world money spend to get as most come from TCs which (unless you have really good luck) you won't get any from unless you spend some cash to increase your odds.

It is still easy to make money in the game....1 seasonal collection could net you 30-50 million easy...if not more, but the easiest ways require either time/luck or real world money.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I agree that the glitchers themselves should be given the boot but I'm not sure I agree with your assumption that just cause you sale something for a ridiculous price that you should be suspended. I'll take me for an example. Fortunately I did not partake in any Trade over the past month or two so I was not suspended like many others. However, I openly admit to selling items for ridiculously over priced amounts on the broker over the past week or two. Some for even the max 999,999,999. Should I be punished because someone was willing to pay it? I personally don't think so.
  3. Swamarian Committed Player

"Seasonal" counts as anything time limited. I got a couple of million for a rare Ambush Bug collection piece a couple of years ago.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raclue94 New Player

Another way to look at that (and I am not accusing you of anything-just using this as example)--if Dev take this as price gouging (always dangerous to use real world issues in game world) and therefor harassing other players, could they call it TOS violation?
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Has the broker gone down like this in the past? If so, did everyone get their things that they listed back? I listed artifact stuff Catalysts/Caches earlier this morning, and an older Aura I'd been sitting on, so I could hopefully get a collection piece I saw listed for a decent price. :-(
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I been here since 2011 on and off again and I've never seen them actually shut down the broker. So this is a first as far as I know. I imagine what will happen is either all items will be returned to seller once the broker is put back in operation or they'll remain listed as they were prior to the shut down. The following statement is just a theory but I imagine the Devs probably locked up the broker so they could remove all items listed by accounts they are suspending. This will be because they want to insure those players don't have some rarer item listed that will get by a purge of the player's account if they do in fact decide to purge it of rare items and money.
  7. Gigi Bear Active Player

Cause you dont support the game and open Stabilizers and sell the items. I made billions that way but good thing you didnt. DC ban me cause I traded them items. Nothing is safe on DC.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i always start my gameplay with checking the broker out. i need about 7 or so ultra rare collections (which i'm resolved to never getting), the final mr. miracle collection (i refuse to buy it, someday it will drop for me) and some stuff i missed out on when i took a 3 month break from the game last new year. When i saw a collection listed for 10 million i just snatched it up thinking i just got a deal but it as one of the new seasonal collections. there have been times ive taken advantage of the broker, times when i get burned (this is far from the first time). i tucked it away (one of my house rules is to sit on new collections for a week or so to see which ones come out as "rare"), scored a second one immediately in the instance, went to sell my dupe and of the three or four that were on th broker the cheapest was going for 200 million.

normally as an item proves to be plentiful it drives the prices down. there are pages upon pages of common items being listed for hundreds of millions of dollars. some of the green collections for the current time capsule are being listed for more money than the actual ultra rare drops and all of them start at 200 + million.

i want the bans to be permanent. i make no secret i'm unhappy with the game but !@#$ me like a !@#$% i still love it and want to see it succeed. in order for that to happen we need to clear this up asap and subscribe to a zero tolerance policy in the future.

personally i think all active accounts should receive something big for having their time and money wasted in game no joke. never really felt that way about problems in game but in this case there are going to be a lot of unhappy players who did not fall prey to cheating and are going to get punished for it in one way or another.

i think we should all get a little box that lets us choose an item thats been out of our reach due to money and item duping and rigging the broker against us.
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

yes u get them send back via mail
  10. YoungBlood New Player

STOP CHEATING OR DEALING WITH CHEATERS SO THAT YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM THEIR DIRTY MONEY. ALSO STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OVER OTHERS ESPECIALLY NOOBS. how yall gon hate on players ingame who were overpricing and now yall doing worse?
    here's a prayer for you dirty people:

Before i go ahead with this prayer..can yall stop denying the fact yall glitched or took advantage over it? yall crying like someone slept with the wife yall been married to all ur life when it really aint that ser....ahhh haha maybe it is but its ur fault tho? yall were greedy n now the devs fed yall sumn to get constipated so yall wanna trip n confess NOW huh o_O . Oh well too late tho, maybe yall shouldve stayed broke instead but anyway i guess some of u will prolly enjoy the vacation since all yall do is just stay/staring at broker like a job looking for mistakes to happen or rip ppl off as a hobby. Like Mepps said, pm him if u felt some typa way...might wanna pay a lil sum on one of those top 10 story writing websites to get a well convincing apology letter. Alright as promised, here's the prayer:
    Dear father, i come humbly before u asking u to negotiate with the developers and GM's to unban me or lift our suspensions so that we can try not to glitch or take advantage of these ignorant noobs for the 3rd time if possible. I give u my heart in faith u can make my account merry again...im hoping for when i return from my suspension that my account will still have all my priceless jewelery n dirty money. father, u created me, u know the number of hairs on my head, u know how many people we sca...*cough*..you've told us to come to u and ask for every need of life and now that ours have been jeopardized by flaming ban hammers forged by the devil in hell fire..we now beg u to cleanse our dirty money and filthy greedy hearts, bless us with ur divine healing and restore our account to new so we can be born again. welp.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

also for those claiming innocence there have been many times in the past i've seen players do something heinous in game, get busted for it and then come to the forums crying innocence. can't blame the forum regulars for being wary. if you'e truly innocent we aren't the ones you should be convincing. file your ticket, wait your turn and go about things the right way and you shouldn't have an issue.
    • Like x 3
  12. Gigi Bear Active Player

Typical broke people talk that probably buy 20 dollars in Stabilizers. SMH and please ban for black listing names.
  13. YoungBlood New Player

blacklisting names? ah let me fix that for u rq. yes this typical broke person also knows how to play the game fairly and not EAT ppl. control ur anger btw, u arent scaring anyone n definitely arent getting any pity from me with that attitude. ugh....such an attitude
    • Like x 2
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Are you a villian?
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Why so Angry if you are (supposedly) Not Guilty...Get a grip.
    • Like x 1
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

She/He has Vill & Hero Toons and Sells PSN Cards in Game
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Thanks for the info
  18. YoungBlood New Player

well look at that, even selling psn cards n u have heart calling people broke Gigi o_O
    • Like x 3
  19. YoungBlood New Player

doing anything for ingame cash. so desperate....they made so many methods for us to farm $ but yall still want to be greedy. sigh
    • Like x 3
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Do PSN cards drop in time capsules now?
    • Like x 6