DEVS: Glad to see something is happening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That might change as whatever is going to happen...keeps happening, but the fact that you are doing something (including the bans mentioned by Mepps) is encouraging to those of us who are not trying to screw things up any worse than they were already. Please stick with those this time, especially if any further sweeping actions will be taken like locking down items, or flattening the cash in game.

I know I'll be one of those complaining, but as of right now, please keep up the fight against those trying to ruin a big part of the game (the economy)....for some of us, it's as important as some of the gameplay.

Reinheld
    • Like x 22
  2. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

I posted this on another thread, but giving exploiters a 2 week vacation won't deter them from abusing any future glitches. (Look what happened with the linkdead glitch and now this).
    • Like x 9
  3. Isif Committed Player

Too bad they don't just nuke offender accounts. I guess cheaters have clout...
    Maybe the next tinfoil rabbithole.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Good job devs
  5. Stark23 Committed Player

It’s all fun and games until you get an email on your way home from work that your account was suspended for 14 days. I’m going to be very clear here for all the forum posters that come in with there’s something missing here or what aren’t you saying, I have in no way taken part in any exploitation of money or this technical issue.

Every single dime of my in game cash has been made by traditional methods in game. Buying low and selling high, selling my holiday special Mats from last year and going all the way back to trading sodas for bits to sell. Playing the Broker is a part of the game I enjoy but everything I’ve done has been within the TOS. I’ve never “duped”, “glitched” or even bought money from a gold seller.

All activity is tracked so I’d love to know how it was determined that I was “exploiting” as it said in the email I received. I submitted a ticket already and have messaged Mepps directly here. Suspensions are fine for those who break TOS but this is hard to accept and honestly leaves you feeling helpless.
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Was expecting some to get caught with shrapnel. That's exactly why as soon as I saw something wasn't righ with the release of the latest TC, I ceased all activity on the broker and decided to stop trading and selling any collections or items I got in game through any means until this was addressed. I wasn't risking being lumped in with people who took advantage because I happen to have a large bank account. The way I saw it, the people who still took part in and sold even "legit" items at the markups are guilty as well. It's like watching people looting during a riot. You my not have been the one to initially break those windows but you decided to walk into that store and grab yourself a few things. It's still illegal activity. Y'all knew something was up but decided to risk it for a few extra zeros in that bank account. I hope the suspended get their banks and inventories wiped too if all they are getting is 14 days
    • Like x 6
  7. myandria Item Storage

Whoa... when did that happen?
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

My last large transaction was selling a Neon that I bought off of the broker. Sort by longest duration and just keep refreshing, Neon was listed for $999,999,999 and I snagged it quick, ended up selling it to someone who was shouting in Trade that they were looking to buy, I don’t know him personally but I’ve ran with him before so I know he’s not a bot haha. Is that exploiting?
    • Like x 1
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

U took advantage of a broken economy
    • Like x 4
  10. Stark23 Committed Player

I’ve been accused of exploiting. Does buying something on the official in game Broker and reselling it constitute exploiting?
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

According to the devs yes
    • Like x 1
  12. Stark23 Committed Player

That’s an interesting take.
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Personally i think the bans were kinda not needed, this was a simple duplication event that harmed nobody, yes i think the money should have been whipped but im never ever going hop on here and say im glad people got the hammer..

Now after reviewing the tos it does say that purchasing money is a big no go, now those folk are a different story then duplication people.

thats if any even happened... might just be saying there were bans so people will stop crying, i mean isn’t it in the tos that disciplinary actions wont be talked ab on here... i mean come on they NEVER come out and announce that stuff, the closest we ever got to that was back in the summer when mepps leaked one of our pm convos in a thread.... still don’t forgive him for that lol

Will a money reset fix all the drama thats been caused by this? Maybe.. but will it heal the wounds that it’s inflicted? Probably not. Now there will no doubt be more stricter trade mechanics and trading money in “ trade” could possibly stay gone & it be more of a barter system, making it harder then ever to get money, might send us back to the days of farming .. makes sense though because i never understood why we could sell replays..

Theres alot of hills to die on when it comes to this game, but i refuse to go out fighting on this one so this is the last ill speak on this subject.
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Glitching shouldnt be punishable? Now I've heard everything lol. You need to read that ToS again my friend
    • Like x 4
  15. Gigi Bear Active Player

You people are so in denial. People that never did the money glitch was ban. We can sell a item to whoever. I hope they ruin there own game. Just cant take down people that made trades when things got expensive. It's not right. They didnt do a single thing wrong. Now free my friends.
  16. mrforklift Level 30

Here is what it says in the TOS about cheating:

CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s).
    Nowhere does it say that buying something off the broker and then selling it via trade is exploiting. Nor does it say that hoarding something for years in your personal bank and then selling via trade is exploiting.
    • Like x 4
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Though I highly doubt it would be, I really wish this is taken away to the benefit of the game and the community.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you were honestly swept up by accident, that is indeed unfortunate. Maybe you sold some big items all bought by the same exploiter so it looked like you were in cahoots. I personally also have made multiple billions legit in game, and was worried I'd also be targeted if something came down, but purposely did NOT sell many of my high ticket items recently just to avoid too much benefit by the recent counterfeit money. Was offered 10 billion for an item by someone who I felt was probably an exploiter (by seeing him posting in Trade chat with ludicrous offers of money) and didn't take it....maybe it was something like that. Had I taken that easy money i'd probably be posting the exact same message as you did.

Hopefully you can get it straightened out.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That kind of assumes that the seller has no idea the value of something, yet they know to sell something for 10 or 20x the amount they bought it for. If I had no knowledge of pricing and bought a 100 million dollar item in the broker, then turned around and posted it in trade chat, I'd post it for 200-250 million maybe...not 2 billion. If someone is playing the broker flip game, they obviously have knowledge of the economy...so they can't play dumb when they take in billions of ill-gotten gains. Even the hoarder who sits on an old cosmetic or rare item and has sat on it for years knows it's value in open trade. You don't suddenly decide to raise the rate 10x if you don't know what's going on...so you are benefiting indirectly and yeah....part of the cheating.

Are there 1 or 2 exceptions....I guess, yes...and for those people I feel sorry. Some poor shlub who's been gone from the game for 6 years and had a plasmic in his bank comes on a week ago to find it's worth 100 billion? Sure he'd sell...and likely would be banned right now. That does suck, but I'd guess there are a lot less of that guy than the guy who saw what was going on and decided to join the fray and capitalize on the fresh printed money while it was still warm.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  20. Jacks Girl New Player

I dont usually go on here, But as i am a loyal player to this game and my account got suspended because i traded Only with my husband we traded throughout all our Alts our cash between the both of us and 36 toons we have never been involved in any Glitch nor money scam please fix this its not fair. We had 7 plus billion and we divided it via trade to each alt because we thought the Devs were going to take action and wipe most of the cash so we split it all up. WE did not cheat no need to we love this game and have been "like i said Loyal and honest gamer"
    • Like x 1