DEVS: Glad to see something is happening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Jacks Girl New Player

How do i submit a SC ticket
  2. Jacks Girl New Player

3. Jacks Girl New Player

No i would never ive only traded with my husband
  4. Nydia Level 30

Question:

How do someone obtain 1 billion in this game?

I have been playing for awhile and i never even gotten close to 30 million personally. Just would like to know.
    Have a wonderful day and blessed holiday everyone.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I accept everything you are saying. I am sure that you are being truthful. I DO have a question because you mentioned that you sell mats to make money. So do I. I gather a stack of 999 over a day or two while playing and then sell them on the broker. SO here is my question...

As you know the price for a full stack generally hovered from between 15-20 million. I tende to sell at the low end to get rid of the quickly. In the last few days have seen stacks listed at as high as a BILLION. I continued to sell in the 15-20 million range because I smelled a big rat. And now I am not selling them at all. Do you have any idea why they jumped so high so quickly?

Again, I have ZERO doubt that you are behaving honestly but am looking for your insight here as I am really getting deep in stacks of mats which I am now concerned about selling
    • Like x 2
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Nice to see the Developers are acknowledging that some that were suspended were unjustly done and they are willing to correct the issue.

It appears from what I've gathered that Daybreak did a blanket suspension of every account that was involved in the Trade glitch even if they did not knowingly partake in it. ie: Player A wants to sell a Neon for 2 bill. Meets up with Player B. Player B utilizes the glitch without Player A even knowing it during their trade. Player B gives Player A his money and gets the Neon, however, Player B performed the glitch during their exchange so he doubled his money and got the item. Player A has now partaken in the glitch without even realizing it thus has been flagged as a glitcher even though he isn't.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Looks like they may be doing some tinkering with the broker. Every time I try to access it, I'm getting an "internal error".
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

9. Hraesvelg Always Right

10. Jacks Girl New Player

Ive been playing since 2011
  11. Swamarian Committed Player

Without cheating, playing the broker. I'm a premium player, and play irregularly, and I have a couple of million in escrow. The last time I had full access to my account, I sold a couple of rare collection pieces for over a million each, and bought a ton of collection pieces that I didn't have. Last time I was on (a couple of weeks ago), I found a piece on Metal Gotham worth over $500k then, and banked it. I'll sell it next time I go full member. Also, my lair's in the Tomorrow District. I can make a quick circuit outside and pick up collection pieces worth 100,000 - 1 million easily. That won't get you to billions by itself, but it will get you to millions, which you'll find useful going for the big bucks.
    Other sources of cash include buying Booster Bundles and saving auras until that bundle's no longer on sale and buying stabilizer keys. One guy recently complained about spending $600 on keys trying to get Neon to drop. Selling all the stuff that he didn't want would get you an awful lot of cash.
    • Like x 2
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Reminds me of the great British television series To The Manor Born...

"Uncle Nevil made a million dollars, squandered it, and then made another million."
    "Honestly?"
    "No one makes a million dollars honestly."
    • Like x 1
  13. Gromm865s Active Player

If selling a material that cost 5-10bil pre exploit for 300bil during the exploit isn't taking advantage of the exploit then I don't know what is. You sell something for 10/20/or more times the value of an item pre vs during exploit, you should be punished.

The glitchers should all get perma bans, if they did the old tc/stab glitch, ip ban them. Can't just keep on giving these cheaters/exploiters slaps on the wrist and expect them to stop.
    • Like x 3
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Generally did the same and then went Premium to wait it out.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I agree. When the price of an item goes up 20X or more in a single day it is reasonable to smell a rat and to proceed with caution. I acknowledge that some people will probably get a temporary or even a permanent ban for this. This may be an unavoidable step if we are going to fix the economy over a longer period of time.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacks Girl New Player

Does anyone know how to private message Mepps Sr. Community Manager I need to submit SC ticket
  17. L T Devoted Player

1. Buy stuff. Preferably really cool stuff that people want.
    2. Wait.
    3. When above stuff is rare or difficult to obtain, sell it.
    • Like x 5
  18. Jcal Dedicated Player

Shutting down the broker, eh? This party's getting crazy!

I logged in last night to see what all the hubbub was about and y'all weren't kidding. I saw two Dark Metal Chromas in the broker for $800M and $900M. I bought mine in October for $50M while I was subbed up for the Powerset Chromas. That's quite the jump lol. It'll be very interesting to see how the devs right this one.
  19. Swamarian Committed Player

Do people know if it's a cash glitch, item duplication, or trade exploit? (Not asking how, just asking generally what.)
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Could be a little from all three columns, considering the actions they've taken so far.