Work In Progress Development Update: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Time capsule aura collections are what, 12 pieces? At a minimum, you’d need to buy 12 stabilizers (~$12). Chances of getting 12 collection capsules and 12 unique collections? ...effectively zero. So you’re looking at spending much more than 12 bucks.

How much are the rare collection pieces on the broker? Being offered around 80-200 million. Assuming ;) an in-game cash ratio of 10 million for $5, you’re looking at $40 or more.

$10 is a (o_O) moment, but after a deep breath and considering the alternative...

It’s still too much for me, but I think it’s reasonably priced in general.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was going through styles to see what could be unlocked (not going to, butt nice to see what the styles look like) and found that sound weren't available, Haast's didn't have the Formal or Voodoo hats as an option even though Christall has both, and Christall doesn't have the Formal waist even though it is part of Haast's standard appearance, and neither have the Urban Slick feet even though both Cyana and Blacque are wearing them
    Can possibly understand the Formal and Urban Slick not being eligible (seeing how they are on the Creator Vendor), butt the Voodoo hat not being eligible? o_O
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

"The first phase of Style Unlocking will launch with Game Update 82, and will include styles found on PvE Vendors through Episode 26, styles from Booster Bundles 1-3, and styles from Time Capsules 1-3. Game Update 82 is expected to launch in the next few weeks.

We expect to continue to make more styles eligible for Style Unlocking in future Game Updates. If you are particularly wanting a certain style or type of style to come sooner rather than later, let us know."
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Styles available through Character Creation aren't covered by "PvE Vendors through Episode 26"? What about Voodoo style? Or did they get released after Episode 27?
  5. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Formal & Urban Slick styles can be picked up in the War Room in the Watchtower or the various vendors in the main area in the HoD.
    Voodoo & Necromancer are common drops in T1. If you're not doing that stuff, you can probably find them pretty cheap on the broker as they're tradeable.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. PvE Vendor refers to actual PvE GEAR not just common style vendors. Drop styles and character creation styles will come in a later phase.
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

I guess I could type out all of those styles and auras, but whats the point? I used a calculator, so the math is right.

Or do you not believe Ive collected all that?
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dont think free, but asking us to pay full price for an aura we already paid for to begin with is ridiculous. Tell me why are only certain items 350 versus 4 or 22. I'll tell ya why, its a sneaky way to charge us full price.

Think about replays and feats. They are all consistent....1, 3 or 5rb. How would yall feel if the best feats, 5 star, were outrageously more than the others.

Would you unlock 5 star feats if they were 10 dollars each? No, none of us would.

Its ok though, I'll vote with my wallet, years of waiting, and now I just dont care. The people at Daybreak are so out of touch and greedy, they will be their own downfall.
    • Like x 3
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

I believe you, someone else I know was looking at ~6000 for unlock all. The point I was going to make was that a big chunk of that is coming from BB and TC auras. For me, it’s easier to see the numbers. :) If you are selective with the auras, then the cost to finish off styles seems more reasonable.

Whole set of common armor @4 each : 32
    Whole set of TC armor @22 each: 176
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah, if I added up stuff from one of my empty alts, Im sure Id be closer to that 6k. Like I mentioned above, its my second most played character, so he has about 40% of what my main does.

The problem is the BB and TC auras. We all know, unless youre extremely lucking, getting the rare auras takes more than one box. In the case of BBs, we've already paid 10$ at minimum, but for some upwards of 100 to 200 dollars. How then is it ok to charge that 10$ full price again?

This is a system that should reward the effort we put into our main character, and allow us to spread that to our other alts. To me, at the most they should be half off, like the trend with purchasing gear on alts... but really I expected it to be a low tax similar to purchasing feats.

In reality, its a sneaky way for us to now straight purchase auras without using the MP, but at the full price of a BB....or ten TCs. The pricepoint doesnt take into account our original purchase, or grind in the broker. Its like them saying, "Hey good job spending that fortune through RNG, now you can pay the full intended price for more." Its sickening to me. Where is the thank you for the support, not even the slightest gesture through a discount.

Sure, they gave us a shortcut so we dont have to grind for other alts the way we did with our main. But my point is, had style unlocking not been announced years ago, I would have collected things differently and sptead out between characters. I guess its my fault for assuming the devs would value my time, and membership, and make this a reasonable service closer to purchasing feats.
    • Like x 2
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Figured that about the Formal and Urban, was just wondering about the Voodoo and why it wasn't included in the Unlock

Also noticed none of the Face items were included either, like the Druid Face... forgot to check weapons as only a couple share weapon types
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapons are not included in this phase.
    1. PvE Gear Vendors up to episode 26
    2. Booster Bundle Styles 1, 2 and 3
    3. Time Capsule Styles 1, 2 and 3
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

I hear you on the price, I’m not in anyway against a price reduction. I collect everything on my main, and I’ll be choosey with what I give alts. I would like it cheaper, but if 1 or 2 things would look really good on an alt, I at least now have the option. I can save loyalty for 2-3 months or drop $10. There’s no way I’d go through the whole collection process again on alts, lol.

Just like you said, people were spending upwards of $100 on TC, and still weren’t guaranteed an aura. $10 vs ~$100
    And those BB, I think they were $20 and I think you only had a chance at the rare. So again, people weren’t guaranteed it for $20. Some were spending a lot more on those. Someone correct me if I’m wrong about the original price and chance.

At the end of the day, I don’t think these prices warrant pitchfork and torch mobs. I got that sense from the words you were using and maybe I read that in there. Maybe if demand for those isn’t where they expect it, then they’ll adjust in the future. Happy gaming! :)
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Any chance you could include the role specific non-vendor styles in the game? For instance, the Healer style Webbed Flexsuit.

I've had these in my main (DPS) account for some time. Respecing and then switching back just to get those styles never seemed worth it.

If they were available I could then just try and get them on my alt and then unlock them. (I think I tried sending these to my alt and it wouldn't let me.)
  15. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Happy this is finally happening.
    Although I don't really know why, because I haven't really played the game in 2 months.
    Probably just because I've been wanting it for so long, seeing that it's finally coming makes me happy nevertheless.
    Just a little upset about the prices of unlocking.
    4 RB per standard piece? That makes 32 RB per 8 piece-style. That seems very steep to me. So if I DO come back, I'll probably be hardly using it at all.
    22 per capsule style piece? lol.
  16. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Good morning all.:cool: Major Suggestion! Feat/Skill point unlock via currency exchange vendor!!!;) And could possibly add quarks to it also. This suggestion comes in lieu of my stack of obsolete victory renown type drop marks that continue stacking and hopes of a new productive skill point acquisition system. Great day!:)
  17. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

I would love to see Titles being added to the list. Still missing the BD rare drop title on my main but could and would buy it from an alt where I consumed it by accident long time ago.

Also missing a few SM titles on my main due to lack of roles in our groups and was forced to fill in on my alt =/

So yeah, adding the rare titles from those drops and Survival Mode would be great.

I would also pay for the Survival Mode styles to buy off from alt or main for the alt but thats a different story ;)
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

All titles are tied to feats, so just buy the feat associated with the title and you will get the title.
  19. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Not the SM titles tho.
  20. Alchemist New Player

I HOPE the eternal armor becomes unlockable
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.