Work In Progress Development Update: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zamara Dedicated Player

The time needed for one to drop is decreasing to 1-2 hours for members & think it went down to 1-4 hours for the rest, could be wrong about the numbers but they're in the update notes.
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

Is the kryptonian flexsuit chest part of the launch/dropped styles?? or does it count as briefing/investigation since the legs are not a "drop"??
  3. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Hey Mepps, will this unlock the BFTH hoodie and feat? My main was once deleted and lost it, but is back now. My one 2011 alt that has made it all this way has both and I'd love to share it with my main for thr style and the sp.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Hey, Question. There are styles (Such as Avatar of Sin horns) that we get towards completing briefing\investigations\collections. We will be able to unlock them in the future as well? What about Vault drops? (Batman Hoodie, Hawkman Hoodie, etc)
  5. TomShepard Active Player

It is a long waited upgrade.Hovewer,you guys need to somehow make alternative ways to obtain styles in order to unlock them on alt.There are many pieces i want for years but still dont have them at all because the raid/alert was and still unplayable/cant finish it even with an amazing group.You need to update the vendors with all the styles even enhanced versions-for real money,or in game money or replay badges or the cost doesnt matter.Whatever the prices would be ppl would spend money without even counting to get those gloves or belts.So its good for daybreak and us gamers.THEN this update will reach its full potential :)

For Example im still craving the elit nuclear gloves so i ran that alert for like hundreds of times with no luck.There should be a 2nd way to obtain the style you want.1st you should grind,but if it doesnt work you choose the easier way.Daybreak would score tons of money from this,im very surprised you havent done it yet.
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

So I log in as one guy who has a style I want for an alt... then i go to the alt and acquire the style for him. Now this alt has a style that I want for the first guy, will it still be possible to pass the second style back to character one, or have i missed my chance?
  7. RLManuel Committed Player

Can someone please tell me why each one of the TC auras cost 350(10$) to unlock...

Like wow... I was really looking forward to unlocking auras on alts but now, I’m ok.

This is the main game I play, it’s a “free to play” but so damn expensive...

I hate having to buy replays for alts to unlock sp(because 341sp cost a lot), now with style unlocking I’ll have to pay even more if I want that particular aura for an alt.

People have spent hundreds on TC’s to get all the collections and get the auras, and now we have to spend 10$ So we can unlock any aura that we already spent a $hit load of money trying to get..

Again.. like wow...

It’s a waste of money and feels like a slap to the face(well for me it does)
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It goes both ways
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

working for me nice!!!
  10. MiniReaperette Level 30

Built a villain...Got Cult of Trigon Renown to Cooperative Bought Eternal legs...Ground out 81 MoV Bought Ancient Divine Sorceress chest/Metallo's Maw shoulders in preparation...Game is down all the day...Get home from work hop on the villain to solidify it switch to hero and only the Shoulders are unlockable out of the 3. Ummmm Eternal is a base game Renown VENDOR style. I kind of figured Divine Sorceress would fall under the dropped styles. But Eternal ......*Smh*
    • Like x 1
  11. MiniReaperette Level 30

And the track record isn't good on Updates sooo the other pieces fall under the "MIGHT release as a new phase of unlocking"
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

I 100% agree.

Mepps or someone needs to explain the thought process behind these prices. They are all over the place, and for certain styles 10$???!!!!???? How can most of them be 4 rb or 22 rb......then 350rbs....really.....no, REALLY? At most.....I expected 100 rb.

ESPECIALLY the auras and TC rare styles. We already spent ludicrous amounts to get it the first time, now Daybreak wants to rip us off even more.

No thank you. I was already peeved at the materials not being part of this, but ****, youd probably charge us 50 or 100 each for them.

Get outta here with this, and fire the guy pricing you out of business. Its like the freakin cowl all over again smh.
    • Like x 3
  13. DC Urban Committed Player

Good thing I am a noob with like 2000 and something badges because I feel like i will suck at raids.
  14. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Is there any kind of estimate on phase 2? Or how many phases there will be before style unlocking is complete? Super excited it's finally here but the styles available now I don't really need unlocked on any of my characters, the later ones will be much more helpful for feats like dropped styles, and more unique styles like OP pieces and lockbox styles like the demons tail are what I'm really excited about. I know all good things take time so I'm just curious. I haven't played since I got to max CR at 228 (before deluge) and this almost brought me back lol but not with the styles available. Hopeful and patiently waiting for the next phase over here.
  15. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I'd like to see certain Vault drop styles as part of the next phase. (particularly the Journeyman boots, Bat gauntlets and Joker Jetpack. (They don't have to be the actual gear pieces . just the visual styles It's been forever since any of those things dropped in the vault!n(on the other hand I had given up hope of my lead speedster ever getting the Zoom t-shirt, and no sooner does style unlocking start, than I get it in todays vault run..... (The style isn't unlockable yet but I was hoping it would be if i never got it any other way)
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

So, heres how Im looking at it.

My top alt (most invested next to main) has a considerable amount of styles, but say I want him at the level of my main.

Adding up only the current styles of phase one, it would take 4,116 replay badges to get him JUST THIS PHASE OF STYLES. That translates to roughly $137.00 US.

Let that sink in.

One alt, first round of styles.

137 DOLLARS!!!!!

What if you wanna deck out 16 characters after all phases, heck, even one alt after all phases.

I dont think the devs thought about total price for players like me, who accumulated styles on one toon since this system was announced years ago.

Youve priced me out, cuz although I could technically afford that, how is RE-PURCHASING STYLES I EARNED worth over the price of two new games? And, thats before we even get to the good styles.

For real, consider changing these prices, because I cant justify this, maybe others can, but not when its something I already collected once, or in some cases with auras, spent too much already.
    • Like x 2
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah totally, it should be free to unlock all styles for all characters, and we should be able to get all missing styles for free as well because we have been playing long enough we should have everything for nothing

Heck, we should make it that we can't have alts because, it's all just one account anyway: one character able to do every role and wear every style and use every weapon, no restrictions!! Make it happen NAO Devs!!!
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yeah! And all at the same time! ;)
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Goes without saying...
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Can you itemize that list that add up to ~4000 replays? (Booster auras, other auras, common styles, etc.) or send me a video scrolling through each tab and I will. I don’t mind playing accountant on my day off ;)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.