Declining instances!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iTiredOfTheLies, May 6, 2024.

1. the solowing Unwavering Player

2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

GhostRyder3000 said:
    “I don't mean that we just want to not have to do them...”
    GhostRyder3000 said:
    “We earned the right to no longer have to worry about them...”

I'm not sure what your image is... but, I'm pretty sure that it is just a confirmation that you do indeed fail to grasp what is being said...as it seems that you can't tell the difference between those two statements.
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

If I don't have to worry about the mechanics, why would I do them?
    [IMG]
    Sure, I'll get out the way of the bosses ability that does absolutely no damage;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That is the most disturbing looking “thing” I’ve seen! It’s going to give me nightmares tonight! Thanks Ryuko :p
    • Like x 3
  5. Grip Committed Player

LOL Yeah, good chat. Sorry for the confusion, man; you certainly didn't call me simple. I simply read you stating and reiterating your thoughts to me and others in the thread, and I chose a dramatic way to say I understand the concept. No argument on my end, either, since you agree declines should be addressed and proposed an idea that could help. The folks I'm against are those who say "You play from the wrong continent or platform, so your concerns aren't valid, and the devs should in no way address them." Awful people. Take care, and happy chatting.
    • Like x 2
  6. Grim931 Committed Player

Those people you mentioned are indeed the worst. That problem needs solved immediately, because soon enough... we're all going to be on that same sinking ship. It's bad enough now on a populated platform like USPS/PC.

I can't, for the life of me, fathom why those people think the way they do. It isn't an issue for them directly... so it isn't an issue. Obviously there's a reason these other people are sounding the alarm.
    • Like x 3
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sounding the alarm for years and getting absolutely SLAMMED and shamed for it you mean

Edit:
    "Why should your console's issues cause the game to change for all of us?"
    "Xbox doesn't count so it doesn't matter and your issues shouldn't be addressed"
    "Just buy a PC/PS and start over"
    "What's happening on your console will never happen on PC/PS so it's not relevant"
    Foh
    • Like x 2
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This is why I've stopped running Omni (except for when I want the weekly reward, which isn't that often, these days). There are a lot of instances I don't want to run anymore, unless I'm helping someone get a feat, and those are the ones I get most often.

I agree wholeheartedly. While I wouldn't want to tackle SW with less than a full team (okay, I just don't want to do SW at all anymore, since people seem to be incapable of understanding when someone says "EVERYBODY has to block or we wipe"), there are plenty of instances where going in 1 or 2 people short wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, a lot of groups I've been in, two or three people wind up carrying the group (yeah, sometimes I'm the one being carried, but I try not to be).
    • Like x 2
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I never made it to that part. We spent an hour on the first bosses…. Yes the first bosses. When we finally beat them and everybody was getting KO’d when the Red Death and the Drowned showed up, I bailed out after the third fail. I’m not going to stay in a failed instance. I’m just not going to do it. My next experience with Omni was the VMF alert and that was a fail festival on Lex Luther and the Battlesuite MK IV. I counted 10 tries and bailed. No more for me. I don’t have the patients to put up with that in old content I was able to beat easily when it was at End Game. I’m not putting up with it and I’m not going to play it.
    • Like x 2
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've been taking a break myself, lately. I sign in, get my free stuff, then sign out and play some Fallout 4.

See, at least after the first round fails a few times, either people get the point to not keep switching dance partners, or they quit and are replaced by people who can stay on a single enemy until it's defeated. Usually.

But lately, no group I've been in ever gets past Perpetua. Because no matter what, you've always got that one person who ignores the prompt, ignores all the people screaming at them to block, so they don't have to pause their rotation. and if anyone does quit, it's going to be at least another half hour before anyone else replaces them, only so the entire group can wipe again when that one person refuses to block. And then 3 more people leave.

The last successful run I was in was months ago, and we only finished because after 90+ minutes, the tank decided to just push on with only 6 people. And I said "Never doing that again." Better to just let the timer run out when the "Your 'The Source Wall' instance is ready," go make a cup of cocoa, then come back and queue Omni up again.
    • Like x 4
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I wonder if the Event version of these alerts & raids are teaching these players the wrong lesson that observing mechanics matters?
    • Like x 2
  12. Grim931 Committed Player

I doubt it.

I typically run event mode for marks or on Alts, and the amount of people I've seen blatantly doing the wrong stuff and flat out ignoring mechanics is painful to watch. (Most aren't necessary to strictly adhere to, but still... kind of obvious to avoid most of it).

In that raid specifically, there was really only one thing that could knock you out, and it was the fire. I witnessed I don't know how many people stand in it, get KO'd, come back, and stand in it again.

The latest event raid, people always crowd the 2nd boss with the orbs that you need to dodge... They take more balls to the chin than my ex, and then proceed to get KO'd.

Might catch something for that joke... but I couldnt resist. Apologies if I offended anyone.
    • Like x 3
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

TBF, every instance has a couple of people who ignore the fact they're standing on AoEs, even in Regular.

I may have gotten caught once or twice, when the game decides to pick a random direction to dodge roll, rather than the one I selected, but that only happens when one hit will kill me. Other than that, it's not that hard to avoid Hecate's attacks, because she telegraphs them. Red ring around Hecate, get back. Ring outside the area that ring covered, move in close. The little waterspouts have a tell before they hit, as do the orbs near the end of the fight. The other orbs that come before that don't really have a tell, but you run clockwise in a circle to avoid them, after stepping on the superspeed patch. And if you're tanking, for god's sake, pull Hecate away from the Angry Thoughts, not toward them!

Maybe ignoring mechs in Event is NBD, but I think it's really more that most DPSes can't be bothered to stop their rotations long enough to do them, because they might not get their name on the scorecard.
    • Like x 2
  14. Grim931 Committed Player

That last part is probably a majority of the problem. The mighty scorecard, the only way you can possibly prove you're worthwhile in this game...

I kinda wish they'd remove it, or only make support stats visible. It would probably equate to a better overall experience. The game is PvE anyway, for the most part, so the constant outcry for balance patches and nerfs is a bit unnecessary in the end. I really don't care how much damage I put out, never cared to be on the top of the scorecard. I just want to get through stuff efficiently and I want to have fun doing it.
    • Like x 3
  15. Grip Committed Player

oof. Wish those runs went smoother. I know no one asked, but to hopefully help encourage players not to decline queues, I suggest queuing with your tank or heal bestie for omni runs like SW reg. Obviously, not needed if you'te a vet on your tank or heal. Quite a bit of aggro to hold in there and well-prepared healers don't let a non-blocker take out more than 2 or 3 players. Block to increase your defense to help your friend keep you standing, and be ready to res a rando. Good luck in what seems to be the Welcome CR Skippers raid!
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I 100% believe that the event version of TSW created bad habits for normal and elite runs. The beam existed in event, but did nothing if ignored...which means when people hit normal/reg, they were just ignoring it.

Not saying that people are STILL doing it because of the event...likely the people who are NOT blocking the beam today are people who never played the run when the DLC was current, and are just bad players....but I've always said that if mechs are going to make an appearance in event...they should have an impact. If they want to make it so no one dies to the beam (for example), then remove the beam...not nerf it to useless. Faust's big attack in ROE was similar. In event you could just stand there...in reg you had to lunge (at first at least), although I think it later changed to having to block it at least.

I was in CTR yesterday and watched a tank just pulling the adds to Hecate in the 2nd boss halfway point and keep dying. I'd guess this was a leftover from probably having only run event as he was a lower CR (405 I believe). In event it doesn't matter how many ghosts she absorbs...in reg it will generally kill a weaker tank...in Elite, it can end in a wipe. Just remove the ghosts in Event rather than nerf the mech. Then when they see it the first time in Reg, they might actually follow what it says on screen and try and keep them from Hecate...probably not, but we can dream.
    • Like x 3
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

Maybe the easiest solution to make these runs more smooth would be to make the mechanics in EEG the exact same as Event mode? If you think about it, it really doesn't make sense to have the "Event" mode be THAT much easier than when it falls out of relevancy (it's definitely noticeable). We're earning the same exact rewards in Event mode that we are in EEG, save for that episodes specific marks (which are extra...), so why not make them the same difficulty level?

I distinctly remember one of the devs mentioning that the intention for EEG was to be in line with Event mode difficulty (and it's not, it never was reverted to that level mechanic-wise). I can't remember the dev, or pull the quote. I'm sure it's there somewhere if someone is willing to dig into it, I'm just not going to...

I don't think I've ever ran an event mode anything... solo/duo/alert/raid... on any of my characters, and thought to myself I'm never going to be able to get through this in a reasonable time.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If any dev really believes clamped EEG is similar to 'current' event runs, they need to actually play the game. It's not. It's not the same as reg runs even. Sure there are a few runs that have ALWAYS been easy, and they are still pretty easy now in EEG compared to other runs, but I don't think there's more than 1 or 2 runs that's easier than event...if for no other reason than the doors stay open and barrels respawn like every 45 seconds.

And honestly, if clamped EEG IS going to be that easy, just remove it and chalk it up to a nice try.
    • Like x 1
  19. Grim931 Committed Player

Really hoping someone can find that quote. But yeah, it's insane to think of what they were aiming for... and what we were left with. I've tried going back and finding it a few times (for that other thread...), but navigating the forums on Android is a nightmare most of the time.
    • Like x 3
  20. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Committed Player

I ended up in source wall 4 omnibus and was really tempted to let it time out. We did beat it but it took 40 minutes and we had 5 wipes throughout the run. 2 on the second boss and 3 on last and every wipe I had to explain the mechanics till finally the group jump the player not blocking proma attack.

It always peeves me that dc nerfed fousts lazy blast because a player will die if they don't do mechanics rock of eternity but still allows a single player wipe a group in sw
    • Like x 3