DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Faust74 Loyal Player

As far as the small pets go, I don't mind them so much. I can deal with them easily whether I'm a Comtroller or Healer. Because if a certain Class can summon 3 or 4 small pets, if the Devs release another small pet trinket. That class can still only summon 3 or 4 small pets.

But, the Henchmen/Back Up trinket doubles that number instantly and they are just as tall as everyone else. Then when you have a couple of people popping that trinket in such tight quarters in Arenas, you can't see what you're doing or who you're hitting.

Yes, I have tried to fight fire with fire, but I'm just adding to the problem and Still can't see what's going on.
  2. Mista E New Player

imo pets shouldn't be in the game, pets take away from combat in this game, pvp and pve alike.

look at the watcher for sorcery, that thing heals between 500-900 and it cost the user 0 power when that thing heals and attacks. The watcher does a good amount of a sorc users healing. and now if you add a sidekick to that, they now have 2 pets that heal and damage, and if you factor in grand summoning... you got 2 more pets that attack, and another giant watcher that heals...

it takes away alot from the game.. instead of using your powers and weapon combos peeple now summon there pets and block...

tell me how that is an improvement to the game...
    • Like x 3
  3. Gadget*Switch New Player

Players should get a damage reduction the more pets they cast. Since most pets come with a buff of some sort. Just a thought
    • Like x 3
  4. Aqua New Player

lmao yesterday I fought a controller and a healer in separate lair battles who summoned I swear every pet in the game and then blocked behind them, pets shouldn't be doing people's damage for them. Full lvl 4 henchman hit harder than a healer in full t4 that's ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  5. Faust74 Loyal Player

Grand Summoning take a 100% Supercharge and that's why you rarely see a Healer using it. Watchers are so EASY to take down and on top of that the Watcher's power depletes quickly in long battles. After walking in a Sorcery Healer's shoes, I have no problem with them having a Watcher. Considering that they are always targeted and ganged up on in Arenas.
  6. Mista E New Player

just about everthing you said is false....

watchers are not easily killed... the healing debuff trolls have doesnt even work on them, and to top it off sorcs healing power heals the watcher, and the watcher heals itself as well.

grand summoning is a 100% sc and you are right about that, but my point about summoning pets is still valid, a sorc user pops thier pets and then lets them do the work.

and lastly... in arenas healers are not the priority target, unless if you are with a noob group, or fighting pugs.
    the main targets in arenas are trolls and dpses...just ask any premade..
  7. Zylo Committed Player

This needs to be said about sorcery watchers........they should "NOT" be doing damege. thats what the dps pet is for. there is no reason y the watcher should be doing damege when they have a dps pet to be doing that. an on top of that. a watcher "SHOULD" only be out in healer stance. NOT DPS. it should disapear when switched dps role.
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

What about this? Make it so pets cannot be healed from themselves or others. They start with a certain amount of health and are done when that's gone. It's more of a bandaid but it's not a bad start.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mista E New Player

what i would like to see is a cool down for sorc pets instead of them being up perpetually. Give them a cool down like swarm and snow devil has.
    • Like x 1
  10. renzhe New Player

Block behind the pet? haha. People who know to abuse the Home Turf will throw out their pets (powerset/trinket), henchmen/backup/sidekick, hide behind them and throw BBs, and throw an Orbital Strike IV for good measure when opponent is down.
  11. Woodler New Player

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing red alert with the amount of pets people are able to summon. This isn't meant to be a strategy game where you make your own little army to attack the enemy.

Make it so that people can only summon 1 pet at a time - trinket, sc and normal powers inclusive.

I don't like the idea of an instant kill button tbh
  12. Ice Lantern New Player

Casuals like pets
    Casuals spend more money collectively
    SOE likes money

Therefore: Pets = money for SOE
    • Like x 1
  13. Zylo Committed Player

what makes me mad is that it feels like there not even listening to us. the pvp comunity. we told them that pets are messing up pvp. what do they go ahead and do? .......add more pets.

still swarm has not been adjusted yet. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR?!!! you do know this is messing up lair battles......right?
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

So I did a one night respec into swarm and decided to be dirty and use the DLC 6 stuff, here is one match...

LOL...SOE no more pets please. No healer should out damage the other team's dps (who was using consumable attacks and DLC stuff by the way) and nearly win a map on his own against a premade.
    • Like x 4
  15. CTEN Well-Known Player

I get more pom box drops from PVP than I do from PVE.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

^LOL...have to agree just got one a few minutes ago. It is odd if I don't get at least 1 a night.
  17. 478874 Dedicated Player

The pets are the single worst thing about this game. If it were up to me, I'd do away with every last one, every holiday trinket, HT and even those in the powersets.
    • Like x 1
  18. Snow New Player

BUT.. Sometimes in raids, I want to have multiple pets like summon my green pumpkin and that sea creature from summer event.
  19. 478874 Dedicated Player

Thanks for posting. Aside from showing what a mess the PvE trinkets have made PvP, there were issues with block/block breaking/interrupting windows that have been detailed on these forums for months and obviously the issue with swarm. Well done.
  20. renzhe New Player

+250k dmg out as a Healer? :eek:

Upon further analysis:
    - You have a confidence boost against the other team's DPS (Fire DPS).
    - Using Core Strength further increases that advantage.
    - Other team's healer seemed to be in less pvp/pve gear.
    - Using supply drop for more damage. Backup for targeting problem + minor damage
    - And lastly Swarm.