DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. CouRAGE New Player

Reduce pets toughness but keep their defence where it's at, that way that still work in pve, but can be cleared out "easily" in pvp.healers can already heal their hinchmen, they dont need to be minitanks as well...Also make it if you debuff a person or pet it debuffs that player's whole armada
    • Like x 2
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

Making it so pets cannot receive heals would help. Make it so they can only regenerate health outside of combat.
    • Like x 1
  3. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

As a fan of summoners on any game. i like the pets on dcu. the problem is the lock on system. a more exact way to switch between targets would solve most pet isues.

they are not gonna give us all those pets and then just take them away. get over it guys. udjust ur strategy and fight on
    • Like x 1
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

I say YodaDog's Idea is the best.

Eliminate the use of Utility Belts in Arenas and you greatly cut down the number of pets.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

You fix a lot that way.
  6. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

eliminate utility belt in pvp?!!!!! lol ideas like this is why the devs pay no attention to this thread.

utlity belts add much needed customization to this game. the main frame was put in to fully utilize the utility belt. why would they take such a great addition away from pvp. this thread is a failure, if this is all u can come up with.

just give it up guys. pets are awsome. the utility belt and mainframe are the best content additions since earth, electricity and hl was released. who cares about adding new raids that the pve guys will be tired of in a week lol.

or should we all just be limited to cookie cutter loadouts with only 6 abilities available at 1 time? no! the more abilities, pets, and trink options we have , the better.

lol close this thread and stop QQing about stuff u can use as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

For PvE, sure.

For PvP...nope. They should have released separate PvP utility belts with two slots that can only equip PvP trinkets and PvP sodas and those items should only be purchasable with PvP marks. PvP marks should be used to unlock separate PvP mainframe abilities. Pokemon vs. Pokemon is not what being the next DC legend is all about. I accepted the immunities in PvP but the overload of belts, pets and sodas is where I drew the line. PvP is simply not fun anymore IMO.
    • Like x 2
  8. NelsonMuntz New Player

The vast majority of PvP'ers agree pets are out of hand. The targeting is incredibly difficult and frustrating and the lag is terrible. Its nothing like it was back in the day, and I suspect you know nothing about that. What have you been playing with your 90 whole SP's? 3 months? 4? You dont know jack about PvP, sounds like to me.

And regardless of all that: You disagree and you like all the pets. Great. You could say that without laughing at everyone in this thread you disagree with. You dont have to say we're QQ'n. You dont have to point out why the devs are ignoring this thread.. especially since How on Earth would you know jack about that? How bout making your point and disagreeing like a grown up. You dont have to be a Richard about it.
  9. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

as far as dealing with many pets in the arena,,, it's called AoE!

AoE nukes and AoE DoTs use them often and pets will die off. most weps have AoE nukes. all power sets have either AoE nukes or Dots. all u need is one available so u could just use the wep since most pets cant counter.
  10. Faust74 Loyal Player

Much Needed? Yeah, I guess you are "Right" if you that person that needs to surround himself with Henchmen/Back-Up, Sidekick/Accomplice, Trinket Pet, Suppy Drops, Etc, Etc, Etc all in your Load out, because it's the only way you can hang in Arenas. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

targetig has been messed up on this game since at least F2P launch. ther is no good way to switch bettween targets. the devs should focus on fixing targeting b4 the go and start taking cool stuff out of the game
  12. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

if u dont like pets thats fine but dont ask them to take away utiliti belts that is by far my favorite adition to pvp

pvp is very fun
  13. NelsonMuntz New Player

see? was that so hard? XD
  14. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

btw i have been playing since F2P launch. i'm a hard core pvper since then. u obviously dont know jack about me. i'm laughing at the idea of removing utility belts from pvp.
  15. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

wut r u talking about?
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

I just wish they would create/offer receipes, belts, and various trinkets (like FOS) that are earned by PVP marks. Heck set the cost high idc, but it would give something to do with my PVP marks instead of burn them for Marks of Merit. Pets are only really an issue if players are timing them and have a healer with some sort of pbaoe heal back them. I prefer not to have them in PVP because it deters players from learning counter mechanics.
  17. NelsonMuntz New Player

hmmm... something doesnt add up, Beastmaster. You've been playing for 15 months, you're a "hardcore PvP'er", and also clearly a PvE maven since you're so in love with the belt and the mainframe.. and you have 90 sp's... Do you not see the problem with that narrative?
    • Like x 1
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I feel the opposite. Belts were worse for PvP than immunities. I think PvP belts should have been eased into, if anything. 2-slots. Later on make 3-slots available. Later on make 4-slots available. 2 Trinket/2 Soda. Later on 2 Trinket/1 Soda/1 Wildcard. Later on 3 Wildcard/1 Soda. Later on 4 Wildcard. That could have been a 2-year progression. I personally find all the sodas and pets to be too much. To me the elegance of DCUO PvP was in its simplicity.
    • Like x 1
  19. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

i have had several toons on both pc and ps3. i pvp so much nowadays that i can maintain my mainfrim with just converted strategy marks and the ocasional t3 challenge and duo. i rarely pve and i havent went feat hunting on my current toon yet. it all adds up nicely
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

The kids raised on the old cartoons just don't get the appeal of the new cartoons. Meanwhile the kids raised on the new cartoons want nothing else. I think it's kinda like that. I want my old cartoons back. This new stuff is for Ritalin junkies.
    • Like x 2