DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Mista E New Player

most of the gripe is with how little controll we have in pvp with EVERYTHING!!

if they add a lobby system with custumisable matches all this qq would go away.

give us lobbys devs... stop being lazy and actualy do it... since we have been asking for it for over 2 years now
    • Like x 3
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

Maybe someone can educate me but what super hero/villains runs around with creepy jack or mr. boo? Is this even in line with the DC story or is this just some cheap marketing product the devs throw out for people to chase after?
  3. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

--no, pets are fun.
  4. 478874 Dedicated Player

Reported for trolling.
    • Like x 8
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

My 3 yr old reads Superman and Family Friends and there are pets in that...a horse, a cat, a dog, and a mouse to be exact. Maybe this is where the devs got their inspiration? Oh forgot the monkey...should never forget the monkey.
  6. Horrorshow New Player

What about the robot penguins? They need some lovin' too. :D
  7. RASTA4LIFE New Player

Honestly the pet option in arenas give me a headache. I think the only pet that should be allowed in arenas is the pet your power has (Gadgets-turret, Earth-Golems, Sorcery-Watcher/Guardian) So this means exclude trinket pets!
    Open world pvp is a different story, i wouldn't mind the trinkets and other stuff then
  8. SlayingDaimon New Player

9. Aqua New Player

Just obliterate all pets, they end up being tools for those lacking in skill most of the time anyways.

And of course I know devs will never do that so here's two more ideas

One: give everyone a pvp trinket upon entering arenas, this is how it was intended originally I believe, and if you were bold and enjoyed being debuffed you could wear a trinket that supplemented your role. Other side of that would be just don't allow belts in pvp of course.

Two: and I hate this suggestion even though I'm making it ... But, give every powerset 1 pet and do away with all the others and have those pets do different things in each role. This way everyone gets one and then you can obliterate the rest.
    • Like x 1
  10. SlayingDaimon New Player

You mean buff robot sidekick? I like that idea.
  11. Zizzi New Player

A idea that Gwalir first came up with is the availability of a Trinket that would severely cripple/damage/kill pets. Anybody like this idea? I like it and I think it would give people an equalizer against pets.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

Just spent the last 30 minutes reviewing Developer Discussion on the old forums and found this gem...all I have to say is "we called it."

Of course as talkative as the devs were at this point they had no response or rebuttal.
  13. Yallander Loyal Player

Heck even make it a mainframe mod...
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

^ Lol...don't give them ideas.
  15. Evil Grave New Player

Don't forget the snowman trinket.
  16. renzhe New Player

Well, your damage out is gonna be less.

Server Hotfix 02.26.13
    Power:
    • Nature Swarm: Swarm no longer causes double damage in PvP.
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

I am actually more than fine by that. This was a test to show how stupidly OP pets are atm. I will be glad to run the test again after 2/26/13 to show that while I do less dmg the end result of a PVP vet using this stuff is more devastating that a newer/lesser skilled PVPer. And tbh I don't even consider myself that good, I've just been around the block a few times and recognize alot of the tricks.
  18. Hate Me Well-Known Player

Pets are annoying. They have no place in arenas, all they are doing is making me want to respec into (insert healer class here) and spam heals and pets and henchmens and sidekicks all over my opponents face and sit back holding shift down, throw an orbital strike in there somewhere cuz that takes skill.

Honestly I don't understand what the devs are thinking, they clearly don't care about Arena PvP..I thot we was going to see "skill based PvP" after Last Laugh ? Seems more like catering to the PvE side and completely ignoring how that affects PvP.

Now I spend 15 minutes qued for one of the 8v8 Arenas only to go in and deal with NPCs that are about as tank as raid mobs..
  19. Palus New Player

there needs to be a tactical mod that can kill all pets on the field for a short period or something lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. Blazing Sun New Player

Still not a hint of green presence here. Seems like devs totally overlook the pvp section