Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SnowStar Committed Player

my mouse broke liking and thumbs-upping stuff. That's ok though, time to go to the mouse store.

thank you Mepps and Devs for your effort, and Long Live DCUO!
    • Like x 1
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

it's cool, been so long since I didn't need to reset a raid for a weekly that I forgot.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Vigilante Committed Player

The new mark system is a bad decision because it still only allows a chance (a rare one at that) to revive a mark. You are fooling yourself if you believe that they could not release new content and give guaranteed as they did prior to the mark relevance debacle. If you are referring to the mark lockout change prior to this new system then it was a bad decision because it drove many players away and angered many more.

This addition to the mark system is another mistake because, as I stated earlier, it only allows a small (rare) chance for a mark to drop. As someone alluded to earlier in the thread, it is like wanting a slice of bread but only getting crumbs (bread=guaranteed marks, crumbs=rare chance to receive marks) What many asked for was for marks to drop in the same way they did before, or perhaps slightly less marks dropping.

There is no sound in text so i cannot 'sound" ungrateful, and when someone is paying for something them getting value out of it is not something to be grateful for but rather something that should be expected and I do not feel someone should feel grateful for getting considerably less value than they received before.

The old mark system is better than the new one because the old one was not responsible for players quitting yet the new one was/is.

I really feel like common sense should have enabled you to infer these answers on your own without me needing to explain them to you.

There is reasoning behind my opinions and as i stated before I really feel like the reasoning should have been obvious.

Calling someone a troll is in itself trolling as per the ToS so you may want to adhere to your own advice?

Take care of yourself.
    • Like x 6
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm still really not sure why people are praising this system. Prestige is unbelievably easy to come by if you even play a minimum amount per week (we've been averaging about 3 people on a night and have been maxing out every week still), if you've played for any amount of time then you have the Merit feats done, I have 7 compound omegas in my inventory already and the amount of bits we get are trivial when you consider it takes roughly 180 bytes to mod a full set (about 1440 bits). The one semi-useful thing is the mark, but marks are supposed to be a rare drop in all of this AND I don't ever want to see end game marks dropping from trivial content to be blunt.

Marks of Triumph was a much better system. If we can't go back to that, then up the drop rate of bits or have them fall as trash loot from mobs. Will, say, a 25% chance that you get a mark of victory from one of the bosses in Prime or With A Vengeance really get you to Q for it?
    • Like x 4
  6. Girl Of Steel New Player

So ive just been curious on something i heard a lot of people have been wanting a form of expansion on the game like new story lines, mentors, more story missions, etc. And i been thinking that it be a good idea so just wondering can we expect anything like this in the future or similar?
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

You fail to show how only occasionally dropping a mark is a bad thing. It's not what some people were asking for, but having all content drop the same marks in the same amounts is such an obviously bad idea that I cannot take requests for it seriously.

Expressing emotion in text-based communication:

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/HomePage/Faculty/Pennebaker/WordsClass/Readings/Hancock_etal_2007.pdf
    • Like x 3
  8. The Vigilante Committed Player

I showed quite clearly how occasionally dropping a mark is inferior to guaranteed mark drops and the change was a bad thing because people left the game because of it and it angered many others.

I did not request that all content drop the same amount of marks nor does, or did, all content drop the same amount of marks. My assertion was that marks should drop in the same manner and amount that they did prior to the update. You are surely not fully understanding what you read.

I did not state that emotions cannot be expressed through a text-based discourse, I stated that there was no sound in text so I cannot sound ungrateful.

Again, reading comprehension is the key.
    • Like x 3
  9. coco Committed Player

I see a lot of points of views being brought up but really people just need to chill out leave the mepps alone they are doing the best they can (no I'm not a brown noser I just see a lot of unnecessary criticism going on) my reasoning is this: to the people saying you shouldn't have broke it in the first place (btw I was saying how much this would chase people off when they were planning to implement this) yes they messed it up, but after all everyone is human we all make mistakes doesn't mean we should be criticized over and over again for it though. Yes some outstanding people left because of what they did and unfortunately only some will return to this game. Will those people that were wrong admit that they are wrong? No they have to much pride.

To the people that liked no marks for lower tier content most of the people like this are winey baby's that started this whole fiasco in the first place all because they were butt hurt that someone actually was better than them. Even though they didn't think of the consequences of higher people not playing with them at all and didn't think about how much hard work that higher person did to get their character the way it was. I was a beginner at one time to did I whine someone out damaged me no, it gave me more incentive to play and get better.

Bottom line is they are trying to communicate with us the community and meet us half way much like all relationships should do you compromise and meet in the middle. You can't always get everything you want. Yes I wish things would just go back to the way it was but it's not so I am happy to meet in the middle. Changes have to happen in any aspect of life in order to advance to the future.
  10. hudapak Well-Known Player

Although I find this news a welcomed one, I feel like this change came a little too late. Most people have abandoned the game. Many players from my league and friends have left. I don't see any of my PSN friends playing DCUO. If I may quote Taylor Swift, "Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes" clearly applies here.
    • Like x 4
  11. The Vigilante Committed Player

It would be different if these errors were rare, but they are not only commonplace, but, as you yourself have done, many people told them that they were bad ideas prior to them implementing them.

At some point i feel that one should see that these are not just the devs and corporate being human, but rather it is them making the same mistakes over and over, with full knowledge that similar strategies have failed and with the input of players telling them things will fail prior to them failing time and time again.

The problem is that they typically don't meet the players half way, the yusually implement many changes that are nowhere near what was requested or changes that were not requested but were criticized before going live.

If someone keeps making similar mistakes over and over again I feel they should be criticized consistently, especially if they are being compensated monetarily.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My whole League left with the changes.

I tried to e-mail them this announcement hoping it might at least make them curious..... but so far only one replied that he may look it up when it goes live in the game. :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

I think when this goes live we'll see a lot of complaints about the Merit and Prestige tokens and about the low drop rate of MoV.

I don't think it'll convince anyone to go back and do old missions that they're not interested in anymore. But it does give people "permission" to run old missions that have no relevance to them without feeling guilty about "wasting time." I know logically that the whole game is a waste of time, but no one wants to feel like they're wasting their time.
    • Like x 4
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

You sound annoyed. U mad bro? :p
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUODEVSI_IK New Player

Sorry Mepps...

But this seem like a Token Attempt...

Rewards should follow the same format like all content and guarantee system....

All you guys have really done is offered a "VAULT INSTANCE" inside of ''LOW CONTENT"....

You just "TRIVIALIZED TRIVIAL CONTENT" further...
    • Like x 4
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I am happy with these new updates!
    They are not perfect, but at least now I have reason to re-do the old missions that was not doing.
    And as I hate to look exobit, I am happy to win even doing missions rather than be walking from one side to the other ...:)
  17. Unaaq New Player

Really Cool Update :3
  18. The Vigilante Committed Player

There is no sound in text so I cannot "sound" mad. :p

Very unique, intellectual, and creative comeback though bro.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I believe that the New Rewards Plan is a response to this particular plea: 'We're not getting any rewards from running older stuff."

It is not a response to: "We'd like a good reason to run older content."

Quite frankly, I don't think that this change is intended to get veteran players into old content at all. I think the devs still don't want vets trivializing content for the new players.
  20. Heart Well-Known Player

Actually they couldn't do the 12 content relevancy windows with old system or if they did it would as horribly restrictive as it could get with symbols. Would you really have preferred to done only Halls of Power part 2 for your marks of victories over doing both Halls of Power part 2 and Amazon Fury part 2? I didn't talk about lockouts because it was never possible to do lower tier content to advance in latest tier before so nothing really changed for that part.
    So with this addition you will receive less value than before the addition? That doesn't make sense to me sorry. Read the original post first please before replying to thread. Chance of getting marks is better than no chance at all...
    Would you like to show me where you got these statistics? I saw someone else's thread where it showed that game update 47 and dlc increased daily log ins like every dlc do. Also, I dont know any person who quit because of this change so I'm quite sure its something unsual. A lot of people have ability called adapting even if they didn't like something. Also, these kind of updates work both ways. Some people leave and some people get attracted to the game.

If you really think no one has reason to go to lower tiers now, what if we had old mark system? T6 raids would give over 80000 marks of Thriumphs each and that would already be enough for all base thingies. So why would people still do other than T6 and T7 with old system? o_O
    You should never assume that everyone shares exactly same opinions. In my eyes a lot of the things people complain about would be even worse in old system. I'm so sorry if all of this is new to you that people are different and have different opinions. :(
    • Like x 2