Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Not my intention, sorry. I thought the 3 instantaneous posts were funny.
    • Like x 2
  2. AzraelR Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...new-rewards-outside-of-mark-relevancy.257285/

It seems that everyone is happy to finally win items running older instances. But I think people are forgetting one very important detail.

Let's see, we have around five (or more) things today where you NEED marks of victory.

These things are:

- Buy the hometurf mods.
    - Buy new gear the last seller (of course)
    - Buy catalyst to convert exos
    - Buy special styles on sellers
    - Buy synthetic mods
    - Convert them to the tokens feat

All of those things you use the same mark: Victory.

Now the next question to the players here in the forum: What instances you need to run to get marks of victory?

Yes, it depends on your CR. But if you're with the maximum CR of the game today, will be some instances T6 and all T7 instances. The point is, "normally" you will have to always make the latest instances of the game. (rendering useless the old instances)

So, whats the big deal here? You need to run 99999999999 times the SAME instances to do all these things I described above. In other words, you are doing the same instances, all the time, while the older instances are useless. Instead of making Kahndaq, Batcave, FOS1, you have to make HOH, HH, NGN, again, again and again.

Thats why you see in LFG chat group for players asking for same instances. Because it is only there that you will pick up marks to make everything I have described above.

One way to solve the problem? Very simple. Let through the older instances we get "something" where you can update the hometurf mods and maybe things where we can buy special styles. Some "special" marks for that.

The latest instances of the game should serve only to buy new gear (or okay, something else). Developers just need to understand that not everything should work with marks of victory, because if you do, will be leaving old instances useless. Do with that old instances are useful to update the mods hometurf, buy catalyst and other things.

I really hope people understand my point of view here.
    • Like x 4
  3. Lantern Darkside New Player

Well it only took 3-4 months for you guys to fix the game you your selves broke ................. um Thanks . ( side note , you could have just not broken the game to begin with )
    • Like x 6
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

would th be affected by lockout or do the rewards sit outside of lockout?
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If you make the vendor 22 styles available with any trivial currency, you diminish their value. They should always be an end game mark, because the intention is to grind for the styles in regular content as the player progresses. This helps to maintain the longevity of the content. So, I say 'no' to that one.

The HT mods have been reduced to one 'timed unlock' and increased to 60 days duration. Over they course of 60 days it's pretty simple to find 35 marks. It can actually be done with vault runs. Even if older content had some unlock for HT mods, I would still use MoV. So, I say 'No' to that one.

The Catalysts, I'm on the fence about. I don't like that they cost MoV. They aren't too expensive at 1 mark, but they can add up if you are making tons of mods and consumables. My first work around is trading or selling bits on the broker and buying what I need (rather than converting). It's less of a hassle to just run Alts through the vault or content and buy the catalysts I need - I don't do it often enough for this to be a pain. All that said, I understand that some additional use beyond gear is required and I would not run older content for them.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These rewards require you to not be loot locked.
  7. AzraelR Committed Player

It depends about the price.
    Imagine that each style piece will cost 200 marks (another mark, not victory)

Now imagine duos T1 give you only 1 mark.
    Duos T2 give you 2 marks.
    Duos T3 give you 3 marks.
    Raid T1 give you a maximum of 3 marks.
    etc etc

Besides you be forced to play the old instances to buy these styles and you also have to play a lot. You be doing T1 raids not just one week, you will have to do at least sometimes.

- You can make instances T7 two weeks to buy such styles and struggling. (how it works today)

OR

- On the other option you can run the T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 for 1 month (or more) to buy the styles.

I prefer the second option because I will be playing in other instances, not only T6/T7 and that's exactly my point here, is to make the players do not have to keep playing ALWAYS the same instances. If the old instances it will be too easy, simply, increase the price of styles, so that players have to play more (it's fair, after all they are easier because of your high CR)
    • Like x 1
  8. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I agree with most of this. The only aspect that bothers me is that the high cost to initially get started with a mainframe. When a player is at the end of the game it is very easy to maintain everything, 60 days is reasonable. However, when a player can first purchase the first 2 levels (25 each level) they have to make a choice: :Continue to level, or halt leveling and purchase. The episode that introduced the mainframes is home turf? So that is around cr 70 gear? The addition of the t4 duos has helped tremendously. However, the cr that makes it the easiest (at least for me) to justify the purchase on my alts is t6. T4 has been much easier to get groups for the content than the recent past. However, T5 takes a bit longer so its still too early. T6 seems to be about right in terms of being able to afford them.

I would suggest a lower entry cost. It is tougher on the new player (that is just trying to figure the game out) than the long term player. I remember I didn't understand the whole home turf mod/mainframe systems when I first started playing the game.
    • Like x 2
  9. cassi Well-Known Player

160 marks a week from those few who can get into end game content. Most of us cannot seem to stay 10 mins in a que because they kick us to bring friends in...or because the matchmaking system fails to fill the roles needed. Like how can you require 2 tanks for new content raids, and only start us with 1? I'm lucky if I clear 45 marks on a good week...vote kick was the worst option to give these tools ever! Ques are for us scrubs to run stuff...Elitists need to stick with making their own groups so we can all progress.
    • Like x 1
  10. Helderman Dedicated Player

This is all BS. Instead of throwing crumbs they should give us a reason to run OPEN WORLD content that is stacking on the Hidden tab of our Journal.

Give us a reason to go back to the Home Turf dailies (no, useless base items are not enough). Give us a reason to go back to Central City. Give us a reason to go back to the boring South Gotham dailies. Give us a reason to go back to the annoying Toyman dailies.
    And ultimately, give us a reason to form a group and beat the WANTEDS when we are out of the "relevancy" but obviously still cannot SOLO them.

Since GU47 the shouts of players who NEED help to beat open world content have fallen on deaf ears. Why? Because of the "relevancy". The Dev team obviously did not consider the soloability of the Wanteds when they defined what is "relevant" to the players. A CR54 player cannot solo a Tier 1 Wanted (CR46). A CR65 player cannot solo a Sub-Avatar (CR56). A CR80 player cannot solo a Central City Wanted (CR72). A CR91 player OBVIOUSLY cannot solo a Home Turf Wanted (CR89). A CR105 player cannot solo either Raven (CR93) or a Metropolis Battlezone Wanted (CR97). My point is: who honestly forms a group to beat a content they cannot solo ONLY FOR CASH?
    • Like x 3
  11. generalzod Committed Player

Great great a good move in right direction , but now your still gonna get a lot on ppl runing content at level complaining . Us hi levels ruining the game for them , there not learning getting carried because we can smoke everything so fast . I like to say it one more time should of have option a portal to just run it fast with friends and walk in then we wouldn't have to q up with lower levels me and a freind or 2 could just run a fast raid ! Then if u q up regular u take the stat clamp ! And with this u get more rewards ! This would of make everyone happy ! Please. Just conceder this in future becuse now ppl who hate stat clamp well form a group use portal ppl who want more reward a challenge take stat clamp and q up with lower levels or form a group and q up ! You'll need a whole group because the stat clamp ! Why not try things DEVS don't make it a perm innate thing put things on test sever like you try taking out the kick , like you tried taking out immunities in pvp . Try this tell people give this a try and if it's a fail on test scrap it ! But I feel with the different option here there should be a big complaint !
  12. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

I'll give you a reason to go back.....FEATS
    Need another one? SKILL POINTS

All the feats in the game are possible to obtain, you just need to try harder
    • Like x 1
  13. Helderman Dedicated Player

I can obtain skill points by running "relevant" content, thanks.
  14. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

How about you also let us get the cool base items in tier 4 even though we are beyond it. That'd be nice
  15. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

this is awsome i wish you could just tell me when and i dont mean soon
  16. Retired Red Robin Well-Known Player

Also my bad dev's i really loved your ideas up until the stupid pvp armor in lockboxes (shame on you cause i don't want to say other stuff). But Its funny how your throwing crumbs and we're all grateful for it. ''Oh thank you for listening to the community'' yeah 1/3 of the community

Look implement base items into that list too not just crappy ones but also good base items okay and also take out pvp armor or atleast don't let them get the feats for it they didn't even grind like some of us do. Its a slap in our faces.
    • Like x 1
  17. Circe New Player

Agreed. And what is the point of the Hand of Fate "side missions" you get that make you go back into old content?
    • Like x 1
  18. bagofboom Committed Player

So, back to the matter at hand... I have now run a number of lower tier stuff to see what I could get with this new drop system and haven't yet received anything. Is it currently in effect or did I jump the gun? Granted, the first 2 duo's I tried I was loot locked so, my bad on that, but the others? Still nothing. I'll run a few more and give follow up feedback, just thought I'd put it out there for now. Long Live DCUO!
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1
  20. 15FloridaBoy New Player

I wonder when they are gonna get rid of the "locked for 3 hours to kick somebody" I know I'm not the only one tired of that. I think it's bs.