Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Then why make the change at all? This just seems like giving players something for the sake of giving players something rather than giving us something worthwhile to keep older content alive. They took away half the instances that gave relevant marks when they added this new system and replaced it with nothing. That's a pretty big issue for me.
    • Like x 6
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

But I still view it as a waste of time (moreso than video games already are ha) even with the changes. I think that's what my issue is. I used to run Nexus, Dox, AnB once a week on one character to keep their generator mods up. I'd run something like Gates or Prime as well in order to keep my alts capped on MoT in order to buy synthetic mods. If a friend ever needed help leveling an alt, there were some T5 alerts that I didnt mind running. All of a sudden that all went away and wasn't filled by anything.
    • Like x 4
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I think that's exactly why. A portion of the community complained that they weren't getting anything, so the devs gave them this.

And you're totally right in that it doesn't address the real issue: giving us a reason to want to go back. (For the record, there are a lot of folks that don't want to go back - I know several who absolutely hated 'rent runs' and are quite happy with the new system).

Now I do think there's a plan in place to get us to go back and do old content eventually, but I think it's going to involve stat clamping. And personal teleporters.
    • Like x 3
  4. Phill Committed Player

MrMigraine........

Stat clamping is bad enough in the seasonal events ATM and 90-95% of the players that I have run instances with absolutely hate stat clamping. I actually have never run an instance where someone thought / said out loud stat clamping was awesome. So to say that stat clamping might be in the future is about as far from listening to the player base as could be. If DCUO thinks losing the players after GU47 was no big deal. Wooooo implement stat clamping in game and you will see a mass exodus not ever seen before in DCUO.
    • Like x 6
  5. Phill Committed Player

you are 100% correct.
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

instead of prestige, exobit cluster and compound omega, can we get styles from the lock boxes instead?

I'd even go as far to say replace the mark for the styles as well.

I mean thats the most asked for thing in this game / on this forum no? Is more styles and now its been added to lock boxes, why not "UP" ppls chances via lower level content?
    • Like x 1
  7. bagofboom Committed Player

Thanks Mepps! I figured it was something simple that I was missing. (Meaning that it's on test atm and that's why I didn't receive anything for my alerts and duos today) My bad. Eagerly awaiting this to hit live! Long Live DCUO!!
  8. Lex Sanders New Player

Why don't you just make all of the content to MAX_CR like WoW does ?
    Ultra uber HARD MODE T1.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

Because the reason we level up and get better gear is to make old content easier, if now then what's the point.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

For the people complaining about Prestige- Yeah not everyone has a league of 100 players, or can spend 100 hours in the game a week, most of us lost a lot of friends in game thanks to GU 47, which made it harder to keep things like leagues amenities going, the few of us that still log in have to do the best we can with what little time we have a week to play.

For the people complaining about Tokens- This I understand as eventually we will reach the 30,000 number, then what?, I do believe something needs to be done about this, just like rewards in lower content, besides the marks, are useless to most high CR players (which for some reason devs still don't seem to understand), eventually Merits will be also, so either keep scaling the feat or find something to replace this with.

For the people complaining about Marks- Nothing I can say here, I've been opposed to not receiving from the start, If this was the plan might as well just give 1 mark for anything bellow relevancy, if a player wants to try and level up that way, well just image the replay income you'll get in a week from that alone, you might actually be able to lower prices this time.

And the Exobit cluster- You guys made mods and special soders almost useless, giving exobits as a reward is kind of an outdated thing now, sure players will still look for them, since you are still releasing mod plans, but right now they don't seem like something we should have as a reward, at least not if it's replacing a mark, maybe for something specific, like an event or such.

Anyway I do like something is being done, but after running low content after low content, and ending up with 1000 ToM, I've realized the system is flawed in the simple part that eventually some parts of it may become useless sooner rather than later, pretty much turning low level content into something meaningless in more ways than one. But since you guys don't want to take any suggestions, all I can say is good luck with whatever you decide to do after this.
  11. Johnattan New Player

Why this game dont have a system of trade like others mmo..?
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

but we do have a trade system
    • Like x 1
  13. Bo Wiccan Well-Known Player

Let's focus on the word relevance! What makes getting marks in lower tier content relevant, is all the other things outside of gearing up that you need to spend marks on. There is R&D ( a rune carver is 25 marks for a hero, 30 for a villain), generator maintenance, and style feats. If I was guaranteed a useful drop when I ran tier relevant content, I would be in a better position. As a Troll, I need 12 pieces of gear, trinket, weapon and utility belt. Then I need to get the same for DPS. When I run content in lower tiers, I get healer or tank gear and I'm done for the week. When I run endgame content, I get 98 or 102 when I need 108 or 110.

You definitely have a point, Mepps, about lower tier content not deserving the marks because it's not challenging. We did it for other reasons. Or at least, I did.
  14. Longshire New Player

Well I'm glad to have these changes, more ways to get rewards is always a good thing to me.

I did have a question though Mepps, I know it's been mentioned about getting the random item, each time you would get a mark normally in trivial content. But I only see bosses mentioned, which would affect duos, raids etc. What about the daily missions such as in Central City or Gotham Wastelands etc. Would we get a random item for finishing one of those daily quests also?
  15. Zigadirasu New Player

is cool but idk yet about the reward, how about this...

every out range content gives you 1 replay badged per boss or per instance guaranteed, 1 replay badget can buy one star feat that is something good to start, people can play the all the old content on the thinking of buy their feats or to try get enough for a alert or raid reset and they can't actually grind the low alerts because they will be loot locked and the cost for unlock is higher than the reward, free and premiun play can actually find a way to keep playing the content they want if save enough, and for the people that are legendary can still was their 500 each month and can still buy lots of replay from market place if don't feel like run every content.

im using replays for reward because on my opinion is one of most usefull things on the game and the more money greed especially for legendary people that pay each month run a content and can't do nothing after that low content has nothing to offer and the good loot content is locked your money is partially on dump. What you guys think?
    • Like x 1
  16. Phill Committed Player

Ziga..........DUDE ....... WHAT ARE YOU SMOKIN??? My brain just melted...LOL :D

17. Phill Committed Player

No offense but that is all I could think of when I read your statement. :D
  18. Zigadirasu New Player

19. Sbel Devoted Player

I think the success of this update will depend on how many people need prestige. The Merit feats will fill fast, the exobits are too small, and the MoV is too rare to be a good incentive. But if your league needs prestige, the 100 prestige tokens will always be good and the merit tokens are worth 25 prestige.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

Yes. :)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...new-rewards-outside-of-mark-relevancy.257289/
    • Like x 1