Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Are people really hurting for prestige though? I mean, our league really has the bare minimum people playing (about 4-7 a night...on a good night) and we're more than keeping up with prestige. It's not a difficult thing to acquire in the first place and there is a limit to how much you spend every 30 days.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Patrol Catastrophe rewards 2 marks daily. ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Then 219/week. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Thank you.
    Those are definitely reasons to run old content. Especially prestige.
    This past year I saw myself more concerned about prestige than anything else.
    So thank you.
    • Like x 1
  5. akaivy Dedicated Player

Thank you. I still run the old stuff occasionally because I need styles and a few base items for feats. But it is rare and it is hard to find groups when I queue. This, I hope, will reduce the amount of time I have to wait in queue. Although my bit farming will be lacking...
    • Like x 2
  6. Buckwheater New Player

What is a Mark of Merit or Mark of Prestige?
    Mark of Merit is for Merit feats right?
    Prestige is for Leagues...

Hmm...Nice.
    Plus the occasional MOV, not bad.

I'm still saving up for a PS4 before I rejoin the game.
    Might be as late as next year, but I am determined to rejoin and have the optimum experience.
  7. Johnattan New Player

No for free players...
  8. Phill Committed Player

Here are a couple things that are so interweaved and working off of each other. Both together totally screwing up game play. These two things are bad enough by themselves but together it is making a terrible gaming experience for new and old players alike.

1. marks relevancy .........everyone knows this and have been complaining about it since before GU 47 was released
    Before marks relevancy you were awarded a number of marks based off of the tier content. Now marks only drop in content that is relevant to us and stopped dropping marks in content that was trivial us the paying customers. Ok, first of all the. Who has the magical mind reading crystal ball that knows what is/was trivial or important to the paying customers of this game? I would like to know. So I could tell them they need to return it because they were ripped off.

2. making it so that mods do not affect CR rating
    Now since the mods no longer affect CR. The CR of your gear without mods is now what the CR of your gear was after installing max mods. By doing this all players running all content are being pushed out of their tiers before they are being able to finish and learn how to all the instances in the tier that they were in. On top of that the players are being pushed through the tiers so quick that they have no idea how to even run their perspective roles.

I understand a CR 30-40 not knowing how to run their role very well but having CR 70, 80,90 and 100 not know is just a testament that marks relevancy and removing mods from affecting gear CR is totally screwing up gameplay. Before marks relevancy and mods not affecting CR. The majority of players stayed in their tiers longer to collect a whole set of tiered gear. While staying in that tier the players learned how to better run the content and their perspective roles. Now the players are being pushed out before they even get half of a set of tiered gear. They no longer want to get a whole set of gear or learn their roles. Why? Because they are being pushed out of the tiers to fast and the so called trivial content no longer drops marks so they can buy the gear. On top of that since trivial content stopped dropping marks. It now takes two or three times as long to buy a set of tiered gear.

Now what we have is 1 mark system. There was really only one mark before this fiasco was installed. The only thing that was different were the symbols. DCUO just needed to remove the symbols and that's all. Whomever came up with this dropping marks for another set of marks, marks relevancy, mods not affecting CR and stat flattening. They way over thought the whole situation and totally missed the mark on others. Then they failed to see the repercussions of these updates and how they would affect each other. The past few months GU's have been a monumental waste ton of time and money that have totally ruining aspects of the game. These were things that were not broken and in no way needed to be addressed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

How about some new style unlocks from content, E.G. Wing armor wings, Brainiac chest, new robot batman piece in batcaves, make it gold, make it rare.

Maybe some kind of temporary trinket

Maybe uncommon rewards section somewhere in there, how about a chance at 2 marks of victory in rare and 1 for uncommon, maybe exobyte cluster in rare, and large exobit cluster in uncommon.
  10. OANGL Well-Known Player

So what exactly will the token of prestige do? Will it give us prestige or no?
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Gives 100 Prestige to your league when you consume it.
  12. OANGL Well-Known Player

sweet thats what I was hoping for
  13. comrade sonya Committed Player

It's honestly not a big deal for me marks aren't hard to get and I don't feel entitled to the rewards like monthly boxes they were just an easy shortcut.
  14. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

How about new mark for anyone T7, that allows us to use some sort of special vendor that offers exclusive consumables, disguises, trinkets, base items, etc, etc,

Maybe even buy a bounty, this openworld bounty would offer a chance at an ultrarare item.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These new rewards will be in-game tomorrow after morning restarts.
    • Like x 9
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OMFG so excited! Thanks Mepps!
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

THANK YOU!

I'm so close to the 250 Bottle Duos (after 4+ years. lol)

I know it sounds dumb, but those little MoT really did make a difference.

Cheers!
  18. bagofboom Committed Player

So, the base item increase from 200 to 500 is that the number we can PLACE in our base now? Or something else entirely? Because I want my base to look like a thrift shop or a garage sale. 500 would better help me accomplish that, lol. :p Long Live DCUO!!
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, that is the number you can now place in your base on PS3/4.
  20. bagofboom Committed Player

Thanx Jafin!! Neat freaks beware, I'm bout to clutter my spot up. It's gonna look like an episode of "Hoarders" in there. Has anyone seen my cat.....? Long Live DCUO!!