Celestial Healing What Not To Do

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Lokkii Committed Player

I'm not insulting you at all, every time ive ever been involved in any convo with you it s like this, im "insulting" and jus plain "wrong".

I was just saying in general MMO terms, a HoT are multiple heals you receive "OVER TIME" where a burst is one big heal, but like I said, to avoid argument, im wrong your right how dare I defy you. That's not insulting that's defusing the situation.

Go talk about earth.
    • Like x 2
  2. AIpha New Player

Actually in general MMO terms a heal over time is a BUFF that grants health over a regular interval. The first four ticks from savage growth and metabolism do not show up in the buff menu for our character therefore they are not a HoT but instead 4 burst heals dished out over a VERY SMALL internal. I don't see why that is hard to understand. Go google heal over time every mmo definition states it is a BUFF. If it doesn't show in our current effects menu it is not a buff therefore can not be a heal over time. Its really quite simple.
  3. mgkaenzo Committed Player

You want it to be like YOU want but everyone don't want same as you. I 'd like a cast time power and 90% sure there ll be one or something similar because there s one in all powerset. Ionic drain is not a cast time but it's something similar.
    For the group shield I'm okey but if there s not I would be okey too ^^ .
    For the SC in all power there s two healing SC so there should be one "normal" SC and one different.
    For the Pi healing there will be for sure one and that would be something like "damage your ennemis to increase the healing out", Pi is not only bad karma and thing like that. Pheromone is a Pi.
    No useless heal I'm okey too but that depend what is useless heal for you. In what I see cast time is useless heal for you so then I would say no.
  4. Lokkii Committed Player

HoT - Heal over Time. Powers of this type do not heal you all at once. Instead they apply some amount of healing periodically.
    So technically you could call them HoT's
    Again, you are so condescending and argumentative, you assume we are all clueless to your genius, we get what you are saying, your mind is so simple you plainly see if its not listed in current affects it cant be true, but generally speaking it is a HoT, because it heals over time, albeit the heals are over a short time.

So let me break it down. We were saying because this heals you over a short period of time, its a HEAL OVER TIME. Your only argument is, its not listed in current affects as a buff so technically its not a heal over time *nergasm*

We could both be seen as being right, being as, it heals over time, yet technically hots are shown in current affects. Only difference being, you are being condescending and acting like we don't get what your saying. So for the last time im done arguing with you.
    • Like x 1
  5. BrotherMutant New Player

How do you know it doesn't show in ur effects window? Doesn't it finish before you can click F1 and scroll down to look at the "buff" stats?
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Can't it just be a delayed burst? A burst broken up over a couple of fast hits.

HoT is more like what alpha said to me, longer over time with smaller numbers
  7. Lokkii Committed Player

A delayed burst? so basically a different name for a heal over time, a delayed burst heal broken up and dispensed over a short period of time? Hows that, because we cant let him be wrong can we LOL

Soulburn you know better than that, so poison spores DoT ticks are just burst damage broken up into smaller ticks and thrown at the enemy at different times, OR lets speak in your terms, Mass det is actually a DoT, jus compacted together so closely its one big ticks, still a dot tho

But yea it can be considered both, technically speaking, a burst broken up, into different small heals, coming at different times you would call that a heal over time, its not a heal over a long period of time. Its a heal over time, short or long period.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lokkii Committed Player

So anyway, lets get back to the celestial powerset and not turn this into a alpha healing guide lol
    • Like x 4
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I was actually thinking more like Spont is a delayed burst even tho people call it a DoT. It technically does Damage over a Time interval but the time is so short as all the triggers pretty much go off very fast that is not a DoT to me.
  10. Lokkii Committed Player

11. AIpha New Player

Actually you can bit it as soon as you hit the heal ot it will show you whatever buffs where on you qt that time you hit up or f1 or whatever. Those first heals from metabolism and savage growth are not listed instead it only lists the pheromones because this are heals over time. Also I love lokki not taking the first definition that pops up in google and instead going three pages into it and finding one that doesn't say buff. The actually web definition calls it a buff and the wow wiki calls hots a buff. I can spam tejuvanate multiple times and make heal over time but that doesn't make it a hot.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lokkii Committed Player

LOL that would be spamming a burst heal, you sir are lost.
  13. AIpha New Player

By y
    our definition then photon blast is a dot, biocap is a hot, and oblivion is a dot. All of those don't do just one tick of damage or heal but instead do their full range over a certain time. That's is false. What makes a hot a hot is that it is a buff that you place of someone. The name HoT was given to the buff because it gives the player you buffed health over time. Ita became mmo standard to call these healing buffs hots to distinguish them from simple buffs to your heals.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

dont stress it my friend he doesnt know what he is talking about it even says in the discriptions that they are Heal over times and it can be proven as if you cast them you get the hot icon on your name(the little heart) then if you hit blossom a real burst heal it goes away because you no longer have heal over time up. he obvioulsy never ran a shamen healer in any other mmo and belives he knows everything and nothing anyone says can correct people like that
    • Like x 2
  15. AIpha New Player

yes but by your very simple definition did I not heal over time? Don't fudgeyoyr definition to fit only your scenario. At least mine is consistent.
  16. AIpha New Player

You get a heart cause of the pheromones not the heal from the first four ticks, it baffles me the lack of knowledge people have. I thought it was well known that hots are buffs but I guess not.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. Not one person is arguing about what the power actually does. Just arguing about the semantics of how you'd categorize it. That's why I just call it a grey area and move on to the actual relevant point.
    • Like x 9
  18. Lokkii Committed Player

Here's why that's top 7 silliest things ever written.

We are talking individual powers like, metabolism and savage growth. We are saying they are HoT's you are saying they are burst. INDIVIDUALLY.
    Rejuve is clearly a burst heal, spamming it would be technically healing over time, but the single INDIVIDUAL power itself IS NOT healing over time, you spamming is healing over time, via spamming a burst heal. Surely you understand this.
    Photon is a unique power and almost is a DoT, but its damage is done during its cast and interrupted or clipped will stop its damage, it is in that grey area where you could almost call it a DoT, but id say technically its more along the lines of what your talking about being burst with the short interval, VS you talking about SG or metab being burst, I would give your statement a little more viability if SG ticked as fast and during the cast as photon does, but it does not.

Seriously this time, im not wasting my time teaching you common sense and/or the English language and the diff between rejuve and SG, stick with earth.

For sake of being the complete gentleman I am I will agree to disagree and say you may be right I may be wrong, either way no need for you to be salty, have fun jack hammering.
  19. Lokkii Committed Player

I agree 100%, it is a grey are, which is why either could be right, and you could call it a HoT or burst technically b/c of the grey area. Alpha just cant handle POSSIBLY being wrong or somebody not completely agreeing with him which is laughable at best.

I also agree, on to celestial.
    • Like x 3
  20. Lokkii Committed Player

Back to celestial, I really hope they do something unique with the supercharge. Invigorate with the 35%er was a nice touch hopefully we get something of equal ingenuity.

I also hope they don't deny it a 4 man shield like the did electric.

But as alpha said, his point is to NOT have this need a re-vamp and the other healers need one due to so many useless powers, hopefully that's not the case and this power has been worked on for some time now.