Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

With all honesty Celestial is balanced. Using the powerset and becoming proficient with it are two completely different things.

Also like Ryujin said RSF combo does more damage than retribution -> cwither. Keeping this in mind though retribution -> cwither takes less power to use than RSF so the combos are balanced.

Bottom line is that celestial was fixed while in test server. Thanks to everyone that tested celestial in depth like Alpha, JEEBIE, and Kristyana among others.
    • Like x 2
  2. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

sacrifice can remove aggro
  3. Sytenia Committed Player

Ask those 3 people you mentioned what they think about it now. I've seen JEEBIE put some very good points in this thread about it.
  4. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm aware of what JEEBIE has posted. Retribution -> cWither is slightly too efficient regarding the power consumption in his opinion. Everyone has an opinion though, some I agree with and others not. I think Retribution -> cWither is fine and Plague and Divine Light definitely are within balance.
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

This thread is still going? Da **** is this? Celestial is not OP. If you really feel it is OP you should be happy you get a chance to run with these players.
  6. YoungLava Level 30

I honestly feel it is balanced, and the power output is just fine, the combos take long to execute so they will take less power cause your not spamming a power every 2 seconds like HL. Also its not like the combos are easy it requires muscle memory to remember the combos which takes practice. its not like you can switch and just be amazing you need to find a suitable loadout and then practice till you get all the combos down. Plague DL was OP but they fixed it and retri wither is just as good as if not worse than fan ST fan that HL is doing now so this thread needs to stop and let the devs focus on making powers like earth and sorcery dps more viable and not worry about nerfing a power that's perfectly in balance.
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

I find that the majority if people who think celestial is balanced cite it's interuptability and slowness as balancing factors. Basically, they feel like there is substantial risk of the combo failing. But if you have a tank you shouldn't be getting CCed all that much. That tells me some people just have trouble getting the combos out meaning you need more practice.

If you can pull off the combos consistently and without looking at your character for hundreds/thousands of rotations then maybe you would have a different opinion. Like I said earlier I dpsed a 3 man prime in 20 minutes with no tank. Yes I got CCed, which gave me resistance to further CCs which gave me enough time to do massive damage. This would have happened regardless of my powerset. Trust me, there are downsides to celestial dps but interuptability is not one of them.
    • Like x 1
  8. xRyujin New Player

I understand that way of thinking because you know little about me. TBH the only reason i changed to celestial and not quantum/gadgets/mental was because of three factors: I was HL precision modded (lazy and didn't want to respec), I wanted something new( having played HL since it hit the rack) and wanted something that wouldn't be a group thud (at that time there was no celestial dps in the league, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem). Right now I don't consider it op because nature does the same dmg(more or less given the chance). Regarding paradox -> nature is a bit higher than celestial and at the same power out. So even if you say that it is not balanced because of the dmg:power ratio, that means two things: you are not as great as you think or you haven't played with people better than you. But this thread is not about me nor is it about your gameplay. It's about the power and it's mathematical proof that it is OP(unbalanced). From all the raids that I do with the league (and you can check DamageINC youtube channel), Gadgets and mental suck a lot of power, quantum a bit less, celestial low and nature lowest. The fact that celestial is the only other power that has constructs similar to HL that means the first "go to" comparison would be HL power. The viable rotation for HL is a beast sucking power like a motha but the problem is the dmg. HL is best for 2-3 adds to get that FAN do the most dmg. And yes HL doesn't have a ranged "respamable" combo. You can't just spam ram->ram->ram ...that would yield no results. However you can in mid range spam 2 powers and get the same effect (1 power, 1 construct, 1 power to clip construct). Your only proof or let's say "credo" is that JEEBIE said it's unbalanced because of the DMG:pOWER ratio...but if we take that solely into consideration NATURE builds are less power hungry and better in DMG. So that means two things: since we have a precedent it's not unbalanced or both powers are unbalanced and should be changed so that the only viable DPS build would be to spam 2-3 TIER 4 powers. If you're a smart enough player you would just accept the fact that some powersets need less power, making the powerhungry sets get the power they need resulting in a more fluid raiding experience instead of every1 constantly having complaints about the power out. I see it as a normal path, where things should start getting a bit "unbalanced" but not in an unlikely way. If all the powers do the same dmg / power in with different animations then what's the point? Just the same ABC over and over with a different animation? I think that some powers should be a bit unbalanced. And the only way we can have this without making the whole community angry is to work on the power in. I think it's a nice trade-off. I still think HL is a beast alongside gadgets and mental. I rank celestial a bit lower on the 5th spot prolly on par with quantum.
    To wrap this up, you consider celestial OP because it uses less power. Well I actually consider it lousy because of that, because unlike other power hungry sets, where you have the option to burn and you get troller SC kicking in, with celes you can't do more dmg. You can't pull off a crazy burn when it's needed to. If you were to plot the dmg to power ratio celestial would be a flat-out line, with no dmg curve whatsoever, where other powers can spike in dmg a lot if they get the power.
    Cheers.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sytenia Committed Player

I'm sorry but all this text you put here means nothing. I am pointing out specific things about certain powers in the powerset, you talk about the powerset as a whole and your views are based on performance of how people use it in instances you have been in which does not counter or add to the points that I am trying to make. This only displays your lack of understanding on the specific mechanics more or for some reason you don't want to go there and if that is so I can guess what that reason is too.

My points are not based on actual performance in an instance or whatever but based on testing like power cost vs damage a single move can do and over what time that damage is done or in the other case compared to abilities from other powersets and their limits.
    And even if it was based on performance in an instance I would only ever compare between my own performance with other powersets and I think even that still has too many factors to it.
    Don't just compare everything to one other powerset, look at all of them.
    • Like x 4
  10. Captain Overdrive Active Player

remember when we had one of these threads about electric? I hope they nerf celestial into the ground.
    • Like x 2
  11. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

I dont belive that devs will do another bad move to nerf celestial
    I belive that they need do power work like is wrote in power. Where the 50% plus in damage that anoit say that who casta that spell have? and other powers that give more 50% in ALL damage, simple isnt there, devs simply ignorate this side.
    I know a friend of mine that buy sons of trigon only because the power and he was disapointed because the power was launched without half of powers. Devs lets launch entire power when dlc coming out no half of then please. Celestial is much more power that we see and we desere have the power that we buy, he can be op but he isnt unbalanced he die like any other power maybe more.
  12. xM00N New Player

SOOO What about those gas prices hmm..?
  13. AzraelR Committed Player

Well, my power is celestial.
    Celestial today In my opinion is the best dps in this game. But it depends on which instance we are talking about. I've played with many other dps playing well with other powers. Light, Gadgets, Quantum, Mental and others.

See an example in Nexus, we made yesterday:

[IMG]

The second dps is Gadgets.
    The third dps is Quantum.

I confess that the first time I went in nexus (or paradox) mine damage was the best, and with a BIG difference for the others. And this was repeated a few times in my league. Not only me, but all who entered with Celestial power, made ​​a damage better than the others.

But that was falling with time. The people who played with other powers was getting better, and today the difference is not very large. The result is that today... I effort to do high damage, but if others also effort, is almost the same level.

Nerf Celestial drastically would be a mistake. The devs can not do that.
    In my opinion if the issue is the Celestial nerf... then nerf spending mana. This in my opinion is deregulated. If Celestial has skills that take a lot of damage, then as a consequence have to spend more mana. And Celestial today has an economy of mana out of the normal.

(And yes, I'm trying my best with my english...)
  14. Angus Krozz New Player

Celestial needs to stay like it is. Celestial dps players seem really squishy because there support role is healing. If anything there defense could use a buff they really can die really fast. If you can't beat a celestial dps join them. I rarely beat a celestial dps but, it's not worth crying about. The dps role is suppose to be competitive in the top of the scoreboard and, I keep changing things in my game of dps. I have a light dps and, can compete with some celestial dps. I'm talking the good ones with skills. If there cr is higher then mine then I loose if that person is skilled. I do laugh at other players when I pick my celestial dps and, destroy them in the scoreboard. Instead of a nerf I say give it a buff and, give the other powers a buff to.
  15. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Who watch evolution of celestial since pc test, already know that the powerset already suffer alot of nerf in both ways pve, pvp, dps and healer.
    Now i want only that devs let the powerset like now and put the powersett work like the words of power say that they work. If a power say that have a improvment in damage in 50% IN ALL DAMAGES, why this dont happen²? This is lier to player.
  16. xRyujin New Player

So far you are saying you take pride in the fact that you have actual numbers/data that can back up your posts. All I see is a complete back and forth between what i'm saying and what you are saying. You "base" your view on the fact that you do actual testing. Well what is actual testing? Going into the warroom and hitting a dummy? Be honest, have you played dcuo? The warroom gives you just some insights on how powers stack/don't stack. I would love to see how you test renewcCurse in the warroom.
  17. LegsRageQuit New Player

The imbalance is the lack of AOE damage splitting and power costs for Celestial. The Dev's will nerf the AOE damage and split the damage as intended. It's coming soon(tm)!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Cadens Dedicated Player

All that needs to happen is power reduction to all other DPS classes. The damage is fine on celestial, its the lack of power for other DPSs that is the issue.
  19. Cadens Dedicated Player

The only power that doesnt split very well is plague - in fact, I dont see it split much at all. Retribution splits a lot, and has a limited target total as well as a tiny cone of damage. Its only really powerful when a tank is able to aggro mobs into a tight ball.

And BTW, new members posting garbage like this is always hilarious :)
  20. LegsRageQuit New Player

If it was "garbage" then why do the posts in this thread, to include yours, agree with the fact the the damage splitting for plague and the powers costs need to be "balanced"?

Im not a new member btw
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.