Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyzax New Player

If no one would have complained about any power set in the past until now and just learned how to take full advantage of the skills within those power sets, then nothing would have been nerfed and all powers would be balanced and OP. I'm glad that Celestial's damage/power consumption ratio is the way that it is. It helps the whole raid. If players want to keep up so badly or do more damage along with a Skilled Celestial DPS, then I recommend a raid that consists of 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 3 DPS & 3 Trolls so that the other two DPS can take full advantage of their clipping skills and ensure maximum burn with their more power hungry loadout/rotation.

JUST STOP THE NERFS!!!

That's my 2 Cents. Not worth much I'm sure... Haha
    • Like x 2
  2. Kyzax New Player

If no one would have complained about any power set in the past until now and just learned how to take full advantage of the skills within THOSE POWER SETS, then nothing would have been nerfed and all powers would be balanced and OP.

Meant to write "THEIR OWN POWER SETS."
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

The DPS on precision based attacks is currently higher than might. Given the release of precision based gear in the latest DLC, this made the issue obvious. Celestial is not the problem; might is the problem. The damage component of might needs to be increased by 10% across the board to compensate for its lower % increase per point. Also, precision based users get a massive bonus when they get an 88 weapon, as opposed to a might user hardly getting any. Have the DPS of a weapon effect might powers also, not just precision based attacks.
    • Like x 4
  4. Sytenia Committed Player

It does matter that weapon attacks are vulnerable to blocks, interupts, CC or whatever because it totally rules out your argument. Any damager is vulnerable to that stuff and Celestial not more or not less than others. Some of you need to learn to not compare everything to Hard Light, there are other powersets out there too you know.

Sounds more like you are one of those people chasing scoreboards instead when you use things like "keeping up" or "outdamaging" instead of properly testing things, no offense but you seem to be the ignorant one here.
  5. Decree New Player

Also because might based attacks get over written alot where pre based dps can just do their combos and not worry if another celestial is in the raid.
  6. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Dont have why nerf the power. why a Dont havebe more strong than other? see if werefwolf no will be more strong than vampir in world of darkness mmo, balance in this game only brocken the game in everything is there more strong and more weak DC mythos this is clear.
    I want that power work like say in sell off dlc, buffs in power like do powers like anoit dont have, please fix it.
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

Divine light / plague will overwrite, as well as malediction / curse. We see the same issues, the only reason no one complains about it is because people spam retribution. I however, have a drastically different loadout.
  8. Decree New Player

What I was talking about is that the might ticks will overwrite, but it's not crippling to the raid as much as 3 fire or 3 gadget dps would be in a raid because it's mainly pre based.
  9. Infinity New Player

I don't feel their DPS is really OP anymore. I do think they are very hard to deal with in PvP though. It's extremely hard to get close to a Celestial spamming RcW because it stuns and does a ton of damage. Lunging will just get you stunned. Block and you take mitigated damage. Does anyone have an effective strategy to combat RcW in PvP?
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Eh, well if they do 2 in a row you can lunge them for immunity.
  11. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

I do, as u know PVP is all about counters, bb and stunning, when i ser a celestial trying to use retribution C wither i inmediately do a spin chop combo and clip it with any kind of grenade (napalm, gaus, snowball, electrostatic, etc) and becausr of the stunt he wont be able to finish the combo, if he tries again u might not be able to stun him again, in that case if hes doing the full combo ...... U should do it too!! If u are HL, vould easily cast ram-wt/claw-hclaw in that amount of time, and becausr of wt u might be able to stunt him again, my point is, if he does his full combo dont just say "o my lord, hes doing retribution c wither i should just wait to die" no wayy!! Stunt him, do ur full weapon combo and ull succed, celestials interrupting Window is kinda huge.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

was told about this, tested it and it seemed to hold true. But RcW is giving immunity without the counter even the first time through. So you don't end up on your back but they don't get damaged by the first 2 ticks basically.
  13. Infinity New Player

So just let them hit me with the first one, break out, and lunge again?
  14. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Celestial have alot of bug that bring power to donw, anoit dont work (16lv power), i belive that others powers that give bonus damage dont work too, no need be a geneous to know that dont working..
    In PVP i see that nerf is can be necessary because is a competition ,but already do alot of nerf in celestial and side that more suffer this was PVP. PVE i dont want nerf because devs need do fixit same powers, have powers that simply dont work.
    And i belive that DCUO need follow more DC mytos powers that showed more powerfull in hqs need be more strong, i belive that now devs in right way no more wrongs that superman represent ice and flash fire, you can think that this dont matter but is very important yes.
    Nobody today make 3 click combos, at least thousands of celestials that i see playng, i belive that devs dont want turn retribution only power of celestial but i am against any nerf in this power i am in favor turn 3 clicks combos more agressive because alot of factor lik they are more hard to do, are slowly and etc.
    Celestial is a hard power.
  15. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Everyone knows celestial is suuuuuuuuper op...are they gonna nerf it....who knows...
  16. DroidGio New Player

ah YOU SILLY BOYS AND YOUR OP .... wait do you even know what OP means? clearly not:) .. let me explain a simple fact, when you talk about a power being OP you have to specify which part, in the case of Celestial , is the Might base OP or the Prec base is OP, and there my little silly boys is your answer, when you are dealing with a powerset that is truely balanced like celestial, that uses Might and Precision to its full extent , well I will love to see a clear detail explanation of which power of it is OP.. now you can say one power but make sure your answer wont come back and bite you somewhere, cause each one is well balance with the might tics and prec tics. So now my question again is, which power is OP and what part of the power is OP, the might or the prec base... lol ... oh for those who don't get my sarcasm , you are alright, just not right... lol
  17. xMiles578 New Player

I nearly got out dps'd by a celestial dps today. I'm mental and my stats were 3191 might/1210 precision base, and the cel dps stats were (what he told me) 2220 might/1224 prec. I'm basically half 88 half 87 gear and he was mostly 85. Don't get me wrong, i am a good dps, not the best, but decent enough to be top dps like 97/98% of my runs. Anyways he was like 50k behind me throughout the whole dox run we did. I mean, i was using phase dodge and was clipping my *** off and he was dpsing like any other celestial dps ive seen. I don't understand tho, how come someone with 1000 less might than me and only 14 precision more than me keep up with me like that. It seemed at the time he either drank a soda or was doing something crazy, which he said he didn't drink anything. Celestial was extremely op in that raid. Its stupid lol.
  18. Babrico New Player

Celestial DPS VS Hard Light DPS
  19. Babrico New Player

(Celestial Vs Hard Light Clash for #1 Spot)
    Fastedt/Best DPS range combo with Rifle for HL: (Fan/Tap=Jump/Range),(SnapTrap>Fan/Tap=Jump/Range)(Precision Based)
    Fastest/Best DPS range combo with Rifle Celestial: (Malediction/Benediction), (Defile/(Grenade=Tap range),(Retribution>Wither)((Precision Based)

Rifle is still the best DPS wep.
  20. Cadens Dedicated Player

True, but you arent supposed to be able to clip defile like that, so thats going to be fixed at some point right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.